I feel like a 775 dollar Blonde

GlenandVal

we have gone on 10 RCCL cruises and are Dianmond members, been on 1 princess cruise, 2 hal, 2 Carnival, thought we'd try Celebrity

We would have been with my mom , step father and their friend who is on disability pension, (my mom and step are both retired as well) on the Sept 24 Pacific Northwest 4 night crusie, we have been looking forward to it, mroe then ever,

I would have been celebrating my 2 year cancer free status,

last thursday was final payment, I knew we were having a Society wide (165 employees in a community living sector) workshop, and that the company was closing the day programs and groups home if at all posible for those three days,

well for some strange reason I heard ages ago the worksop would be early september, so I never check when it was final payment time, never thought of it

I am so bad, but neither did DH so we share this awful situation, DH is a supervisor of a day program for disabled adults, and I was used to be a community support worker in a day program same society, both for 15 years, but after my lymphoma 2 years ago I went back to work and now work as an admin assist in family services in the office, as with my cancer it can come back any time, and in the office part time job I can avoid sick people and crowds, but couldnt working in the day program, so had to take 9 months off work.

I have gone to the cancer doc every three months for the last 2 years, had blood work every three months, a ct scan every 6 months, as of this august if all tests are ok I will be going every 6 months,for 2 years, then if all ok, would be every year.

but have had other symptoms, for a year of uterine cancer, had biopsy in feb, and a biopsy ion the hospital june 13 under general. so far ok but still symptoms

so dh and I have been living in a fog

still no excuse I feel like a 775 dollar Blonde,

as we would have been celebrating me being two years cancer free, (as long as my ct scan from last saturday was ok)(dont know yet)

1 week after finals payment to cancel or to move to the following week would cost 310 dollars for DH and I, and and 465 for my mom, step father and their friends room, they cant afford it, and was our mistake, and DH should not miss this training, very important,

my manager says for me to go ahead, not to cancel,

but the other choice would be for dh to get off ship on day two and take a taxi, and a ferry ride back to vancouver BC, so he can take the workshop, ( he would tell the pursers desk so they wont be looking for him, he would tell them he has urgent business.

either that or we move our cruise to the following monday, pay the penality, (which seems alot for 1 week after final) and my mom, step father and their friend cruise sept 24 with out us, and

we celebrate my being cancer free the following week with out my mom,

but what else can we do, I d hate to have dh take me on a cruise, that he has to leave after one night

wow omg all afternoon I was freaking out, trying to think what I can do, and I cant lie im soo honest,

so far no medical emergency, and as long as the tenderness is ok and ct scan is ok

but from now on I will check final payment schedule more closely, but have been in a fog since may and june, may my oldest son was missing 10 years, and with no response to my article about him in newspaper last november, I just have the feeling hes gone

so I We have learned a awful lesson, and we have had enough hard knocks but we will still go on the cruise the following week, take what ever cabin we can get, and not the middle of ship one we had,

and I feel so blonde, and heck I am a blonde l ol

we will have a good time, we always do, no matter what,

we will just hope we all can take the cruise together next year,

ok I vented and feel better but grrrrrrrrrrr Life happens

and I just found out my moms friends mom is dying right now,

with all my brothers problems this will be a great cruise for my mom, step father n their friend

weve been talking about our crusie for months, we will be visiting my sister who lives in victoria,

but hopefully we all can still be around to cruise together next fall

hugs all life happens

bty I am not a new poster I have had more then 5 years of posting on the rccl board,

btw I have had lots of posts on the rccl board, but new to here

things hapepn for a reason I heard

they will cruise one week us the next

we didnt get insurance for the 4 day crusie, as we were sure as I had heard months ago the training would be early sept,

and we were going go on this criuise no matter what happens, cept serious health reasons and a important work thing, but we were sure things were tied up.

we all will stil have a good cruise just not together guess I wont have to watch everything I eat or drink with mom not there lol always a bright side I guess

mom is 76, her hubby is 68, their disabled friend is 55

thanks very much, life is strange huh I think god only throws at us what we can handle but geeee my mom has been through too much this last whiile

we are still looking forwards to this cruise but its wont be the same

it will be good after so many cruises we wanted to try celebrity, we were waiting til we were RCCL Diamond memebrs lol

it will all work out for the best,

hey I opened my mail and there was my blood test results all normal so that part is goooood

life goes on yipppeeee life goes onnnnn

First, congrats on the good test results:)

Second, particularly in view of your health history, the time spent with your husband on a cruise is much more important than any work related event. I once read a very simple but astute statement by someone famous whose name I don't recall, but it went something like this:

No person on their deathbed ever said they wished they had spent more time at work;) . The meaning, of course, is that family and loved ones come first.

My wife and I both worked for our state Division of Rehabilitation Services until our retirement, and have an adult child with a developmental disability. We realize the importance of community programs, etc. etc.

However, a workshop is simply a workshop-a bunch of meetings or activities that may be interesting or helpful, but not life or death. If your husband caught the flu or something and had to miss the workshop, it would still go on and he could get materials etc. from others.

I guess what I am saying is that your husband should siimply tell the folks that he has a committment to spend a wonderful vacation with you and your family and will be unable to make this workshop. It has nothing to do with his devotion to pwd or the society.

Best wishes on remaining disease free and happy sails to you:)

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Thank you

I tihnk we may just have my mom, step father and their friend come the morning before and we will pamper them and they will go the first week, and come back to our home on the friday and show us the video Mike will make of their lovely time, so we ll see our ship before we actually go on it then hubby and I will go Oct 1, its too bad we can not celebrite together

but we can at my home on the sunday before and teh friday after

Valerie the bottled blonde who is now at work

ok my travel agent is absolutely wonderful I have no idea what sis did

but we will not lose 310 penality for this cruise, plus we keep the 50 dollar room credit as we did book while on RCCL Vision of the seas in Feb, and we will be mid ship ocean view as the price fopr the week we moved to has gone down a little,

omg omg

and my ct scan says I can celebrite I am two years cancer freeeeeeeee

but next time to not do all this stress and etc etc we will check dates of everything before final date, we usually do but life had definitely caught up with us

wow

Celebrity is coming through and our wonderful travel agent in New Westminster, wow I am sure this was done with out predujuce as I still have minor health issues that I ned take care of before then,, but wiht this added stress gone I will relax and let the surgery / biopsy continue to heal

sighhhhhh

I'm sure that you have stupid blonde jokes in the US. I believe that Silver Val meant that she made a mistake that cost her $775 and that is why she called herself a $775 blonde.

Shelley

Shelley you are so right

if we moved our cabin to the following weeks a 310 dollars penality as was(barely) after final date, and if we moved my mom and her husband and their friend (in one cabin) to the following week same time, its a 465 dollars penality so about 775 blonde mistake

I always say us blonde can say uh oh a blonde moment when we screw up, but every one else can just say they have a borrowed blonde moment

wow been quite a week

Archived