Shuttle From Oakland Airport To Fishermans Wharf

SUNDOWNER

Which shuttle is most reliable? Bayporter Express, SuperShuttle, or which one?

Told by airport, plenty of shuttle available at competitive rates -- is this true?

Hated to make reservations and give credit card if just as easy to get shuttle at airport. Give me your opinions???

I have a huge list of shuttles, I got it on the Oakland Airport web site, but it doesnt have rates, getting rates means calling a few of the shuttles...so if anyone has done the Oakland to Fishermans Wharft shuttle and knows the average price I also would be greatful!

Thanks

We are leaving on a flight from Fort Lauderdale To Oakland on 9-29 at 1130a, we connect in Chicago. Miami is an aieport that is linked with Fort Lauderdale, so on a standby staus we can go down to Miami and standby for no extra money, the day of the flight. this flight out of Miami is nonstop and leaves at 720a, we are watching the flight and it is open as there are about 54 seats empty. BUT what do we do with the luggage? Can we take all that luggage to the gate, standby and then they will haul the luggage to the plane. I dont want the luggage going on the Miami flight without us..has anyone done this, left earlier on standby flight and had alot of luggage?? What is the procedure???

Thanks alot...

FROM the Airport, we have never made reservations. because the exact arrival time and the time to pick-up luggage is so variable. Outside the arrivals area, at the center island, there is a common stop for all shuttles. Confirm the exact price and destination (your hotel) before he loads your luggage. Quite often there is an Airport / Shuttle employee that supervises the loading for all shuttles to avoid tourists getting ripped off. All shuttle companies have similar rates. As usual, with luggage, a tip is appropriate (not included in the price). Another hint: when you come off the plane and walk toward the luggage carousels, if you come across an empty luggage cart, just take it along with you. Although most of us use luggage with rollers, the cart still comes in handy with the luggage. At the luggage carousel, the cart will cost $2! We use both Oakland Airport and SFO. /Sultan

Which shuttle is most reliable? Bayporter Express, SuperShuttle, or which one?

Told by airport, plenty of shuttle available at competitive rates -- is this true?

Hated to make reservations and give credit card if just as easy to get shuttle at airport. Give me your opinions???

Thanks for wonderful advice. Decided to not pre-book shuttle, just do one when we land in Oakland. Anymore tips on FW area greatly appreciated. Hope to be at hotel by 3 pm and spend afternoon eating, riding cable car, etc. What ya thing??

Archived