First timer questions

Hi

We are leaving on Thursday to travel to Florida to meet up with the Mariner for our first cruise.

I have a couple questions:

1) Does RCCL supply ample hangers or should we bring our own? We are in a JS if that makes a difference or not.

2) Does your Seapass have your name and room number on it?

3) What do you do with your Seapass when you are at the pool and actually swimming?

4) Do you take your passport with you on RCCL excursions?

Thanks for responding:D .

Cathy

Hi

We are leaving on Thursday to travel to Florida to meet up with the Mariner for our first cruise.

1) Does RCCL supply ample hangers or should we bring our own? We are in a JS if that makes a difference or not.

2) Does your Seapass have your name and room number on it?

3) What do you do with your Seapass when you are at the pool and actually swimming?

4) Do you take your passport with you on RCCL excursions?

Cathy

1) Well it depends on the number of clothes you bring, I never had a problem and you can ask your stewart for more.

2) Yes the Seapass has your name on it. The room number is on it but no the deck, so if you are let´s say in 8532 there will be some number followed by 532 on the seapass.

3) I take it with me in the pocket of my swim shorts

4) I personally don´t take my passport, but always have my government issued photo ID. I know the passport would be the only documentation of value when stranded in a foreign country.

You will love Mariner! We're heading out on her for the third time in just 4 weeks!

There are plenty of hangers in the stateroom. If you don't have enough, ask your attendant for more.

Your Seapass does have your name on it, but it does not have your entire stateroom number ... just a portion of it. So that adds to security.

You will need to take your card with you if you want to get back into your room (i.e., going to the pool, to the Windjammer, shopping). We normally leave our "stuff" beside the pool in a place where we can watch it, but then my DH rarely swims so he just keeps his eyes on my stuff. You can buy waterproof bags with lanyards to hold your card, and then just wear that around your neck. We use this type of holder when we go to the beach and I don't want to leave my keys/wallet lying around. You can buy these items at most sporting goods stores, especially those that cater to kayakers. Tuesday Morning also has waterproof fanny packs right now for about $5 each.

We don't take our passports ashore, but leave them locked up in the safe instead. I have our drivers license, and will also be bringing a black & white photocopy of our passports with us. I also don't carry all of my credit cards or cash on excursions - just enough to get me through the day. Everything else is locked up.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Hi

1) Does RCCL supply ample hangers or should we bring our own? We are in a JS if that makes a difference or not. I have always had plenty of hangers.

2) Does your Seapass have your name and room number on it? No it does not. The seapass does have numbers that the staff understands. You can get someone onbard to explain. This is done incase you loose your seapass no one else knows where you cabin is located.

3) What do you do with your Seapass when you are at the pool and actually swimming? I do not swim, but there is a thin plastic sea wallet that you can get where you place a few dollars and your seapass in. Then you can wear it around your neck.

4) Do you take your passport with you on RCCL excursions? Some do and some don't. Some do and some don't. Some people make copies of their passport and carry that with them. In some ports you are told to carry your passport in order to get back on the ship i.e Panama. Normally you just need your seapass.

Cathy

I hope this helps

We are looking at the Liberty or the Freedom for next summer. I think the room we have is a "L". The website says that it will sleep 2-4 people. All I see are 2 twins.......I know there must be a "hidden bunks" in there, like there is on The Disney Wonder and Magic. How do people with 2 teenagers with them manage this on a RCCL ship?

There are pullman beds above the twin beds.....they are pushed up during the day and pulled down at night.........

Im not sure what Disney has....

We managed on our first RCCL cruise........Voyager,by having two cabins.......both inside...I couldnt do more than 2 in a cabin....

We are looking at the Liberty or the Freedom for next summer. I think the room we have is a "L". The website says that it will sleep 2-4 people. All I see are 2 twins.......I know there must be a "hidden bunks" in there, like there is on The Disney Wonder and Magic. How do people with 2 teenagers with them manage this on a RCCL ship?

We usually manage with all four of us in one room. Sometimes there is a sofa bed, instead of the hidden bunks. It was cozy, but not terrible.

On our upcoming two cruises, the 3rd and 4th person rate was almost the same as the rate for persons 1 and 2 in an inside/promenade room. So, we booked two rooms. For example, on our upcoming Mariner cruise, 3rd and 4th person was $399 and the inside cabin rate was $599, so for $400 more, we were able to get two cabins (and two bathrooms). On our upcoming Adventure cruise, putting all four of us in a D1 was actually $400 more expensive than getting an E2 for my husband and me, and a PR for our teens.

You have to play around on the website. See how much more two PR's or two insides will cost and if you decide it is worth it, call RCI and see if they have connecting or adjoining ones.

Sometimes there is a sofa bed, instead of the hidden bunks.

Not in category Ls........

If you look at the deck plans,you'll see all the Ls(that fit 3 or 4),have the symbol cor_plus_ico.gif(Stateroom has third and fourth Pullman beds available.)

Not in category Ls........

If you look at the deck plans,you'll see all the Ls(that fit 3 or 4),have the symbol cor_plus_ico.gif(Stateroom has third and fourth Pullman beds available.)

Yes, you are correct. I must have been thinking about a different category of insides.

Still, the person who asked the question should look into the difference in price between two lower category insides or two PRs compared to the price of the one L.

We did it on our first cruise on the Explorer. We had 2 19 year old football player boys with us (son and friend). The upper beds are hidden and they pull them down at night. It was a bit tight but managable. I don't think I'd do it again, and never did, but for the first time it was OK. We wanted to keep expenses down for my son's friend who was paying for the actual cruise and flight. I paid for all of his tips, excursions, etc. By the way, we are going on the Liberty on June 28.

Thanks for the suggestions......I did look at 2 "Q's" and that is only 420.00 more.....but there are none that are ajoining. I would feel better, since our kids are 13 and 16, if we had ajoining rooms. Keep the suggestions coming as we are newbies to RCCL

Thanks for the suggestions......I did look at 2 "Q's" and that is only 420.00 more.....but there are none that are ajoining. I would feel better, since our kids are 13 and 16, if we had ajoining rooms. Keep the suggestions coming as we are newbies to RCCL

There is a set of connecting Qs on deck 8..8497 and 8499 and a Q/N connecting on deck 7...7497/7499.......several other connecting inside cabins (but no other just Q ones)......Maybe they are available??

Or is just being adjoining ok??? Lots of Qs...they wont all show on the website..........you have to call if you are booking directly or ask yout TA,if you are using one..

Archived