Help from seattle residents or cruisers

terrybiz

There really isn't anyplace within "walking distance" to the pier. In addition, the train tracks make the distance seem a bit further than it really is. The closest place I can thing is the Pyramid Ale House and brewery across the street from Safeco on the corner of Royal Broughm and First. Royal Broughm is aslo one of the roads that passes over the tracks. Further North is Pioneer square where you will find several sports bars.

Violet

[quote name='terrybiz']we are sailing from Seattle on Sunday, Sept 19 from Pier/ Terminal 30
My DH is a fanatic football fan, Does anyone know where he can watch his game before boarding the ship thats close to the pier[/QUOTE]
I guess it depends on what "his" game is. Pyramid will most likely be showing the Seahawks game (if it's televised). Pyramid is located accrossed the street from Safeco Field and Qwest Stadium on Royal Brougham. On the north side of Qwest Stadium there is FX McRory's but I'm pretty sure it will be all Seahawks. Hope this helps!

Hi Terry, the Marriott is almost directly across the street from the terminal and they have a nice big bar...I also believe the nice big bar has a tv which would probably be on the game. You might call the Marriott just to make sure, tho. If not and he's a diehard fan, you could always rent a room..Ha! You guys have a wonderful cruise!! Chud

Terrybiz,
It may be posssible to watch the game on board. I believe that the Tampa Bay vs Seahawks game starts at 1:00PM pacific time. It might be worth your time to call princess and ask them if they can pick up local channels in Seattle. With over a 1000 TVs on board you would think that at least one of them could pick up the game.
At least you will not have to deal with the dreaded blackout rule.
Note: The game will be shown on FOX channel 13.

Chudley - I believe that you are thinking of the Pier 66 location in relation to the Marriott, but Princess is sailing from pier 30.

OMG! Doug and Nadine, you're RIGHT! I'm sorry I guess I wasn't thinking, except maybe it was because I was invited to a Celebrity tour at the other pier. I apologize, guys, Doug and Nadine are right..the Marriott would be quite a walk for you, sorry about the misinformation, Chud

Thanks for all the response, my DH is orginally from Dallas,TX, he's a Cowboys FAN. Looking to watch the Cowboys vs Cleveland opening day at home at 4PM
I found FX McRory's and Sluggers, both on Occidental Ave. Its nearby the Pier but will they show the game. That's again for the INFO

Archived