Star Flyer Tahihi 4 May

marypa

We are just about to book a week as above and have provisionally held cabin 331...cat 3 which is on commadore deck which seems ok. we can't stretch to a cat2!

can anyone out there let me know if its a good choice or should i look for one of the other cat 3's on the same deck?

we ve done princes twice but really want to sail into Bora Bora - a lifelong dream of my husbands.....

thanks very much

mary and brian

Hi Mary & Brian! Haven't been on the Flyer yet, but this week next year will will be in FP...should be Raiatea today;) 331 is actually on the Clipper Deck and that is the cabin we originally reserved and when we booked, they upgraded us to 330 which is a 2 right next door. Other than the little notch, they seem about the same size.

We also sailed the TP last year & it was great, but the chance to actually be on a sailing vessel around the islands was too much to pass on.....it will like being on a week long sunset cruise:D

When I saw the dates you are looking at, I remembered seeing a group trip scheduled in May & checked the dates, but it was the week after. It is a nude cruise.....nothing wrong with that, but I couldn't expose myself for 170:eek: Hope they take lots of sunscreen!

I keep hoping that some of the folks that are signed up for Tahiti would start getting info on specifics soon & start posting, but it doesn't seem there are too many Cruise Critic members booked. I know the ship is getting booked and cabins are getting short on many of the dates judging from my talks with the folks at Star Clippers.

Keep us posted!

Mike

http://web.mac.com/csealove/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

Hi

I find that cat. 4 is a great cabin on Star Clipper/Flyer. The cat 4 cabins on Comodore deck, mid ship, that is the cat 4's close to cat 3 are very good cabins and cost less. I think that cat. 2,3,4 are very similar in size, the difference is their location on ship. We have been on many cruises and always try for the cat. 4 right next to cat 3 midship.

Kathy

Thanks for the reply re category 3 and 4.

I've confused everyone as I held one on clipper deck where there are no cat 4's.

i am guessing mid ships on clipper deck may be a better bet ......

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo Bob and Lesley

we are also new to the Clipper Fleet but we are aiming to travel light with just minimum amounts of clothes for daytime and snorkel gear and a couple a decent things for the evening. I think shorts and T shirts are the atire we will be in for the week. we are minor sailors (day skipper/competent crew) and so are looking forward to this aspect of the ship/boat/vessel.

50% europeans on board and I expect most of them to be French so the food will be very good

We are travelling out ATN from LAX overnight to arrive saturday am and are struggling to decide where to overnight.

What are you doing about travel?

Hello Mary and Brian

We are going to fly in on Sunday and arrive at PPT from LAX (Minneapolis origination) @ 5:30pm. Originally were planing to arrive day before but info we received is that quite expensive and Tahiti island itself not that great. Will do post 1/2 day tour of Tahiti on Sunday at end of trip while waiting for flight home.

Star Clippers are new to us. Have sailed 6 weeks on Windjammer Barefoot Curises so are used to packing light.

Really looking forward to the islands. Is my dream trip also.

It will be great to meet you :)

i have taken the plunge and we are staying at the Sofitel to un-jet lag ourselves.

we are travelling from the Uk and so will be upside down

How was Windjammer - I've looked at those too - it seems similar?

• 7 months later...

My husband and I are also on this sailing. We are travelling from the Boston area but we arrive on the 1st and are spending 3 nights at the Intercontinental. Got really excited when our documents came this past Thursady. We are in cabin 342. We are also new to Star Clippers but have sailed on some of the other lines. Can't wait.

Tim and Ann Kroecker

i have taken the plunge and we are staying at the Sofitel to un-jet lag ourselves.

we are travelling from the Uk and so will be upside down

How was Windjammer - I've looked at those too - it seems similar?

Windjammer Barefoot is officially out of business...boats are abandoned, and State of Florida has pulled their business license.:(

Not to panic anyone.....ATN pilots were on strike last week and a few flights were cancelled. We have checked our travel insurance!

Got all the bumph last week from Star Clipper telling us what we already know.

Got some local currency too, which was quite a struggle - very few banks stock it. Even bought some sea bands just incase we have too much of a roll for me.

See you all on 4th and have a good journey

• 2 weeks later...

Archived