PRINCESS says jeans ok on Princess?

PescadoAmarillo

Please see my above response - it's kind of difficult to not notice someone turned away from the dining room when it happens right in front of you. In the meantime, since we only read stories here as related by those who write them, I would suggest that everyone's credibility is suspect.

Nah - just yours and tvaud. Byeeeeee......................

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

How pathetic is this? :rolleyes:

I missed this before since it was to someone else. You do appear to be pretty proud of yourself on this one. Lets not let Princess have the time to deal with the legitimate folks to get some type of refund or onboard credit who have had to deal with real issues of not being able to use their bathroom, smelling a horrid sewage odor in their cabin, or their a/c not working during the cruise and give you your refund based on "poor dress standards".

Never seen your advice on those threads to help them who had real issues. Oh but lets see why, because it isn't in Princess contract that it is guaranteed they will have a bathroom or working a/c for the cruise or a nice smelling room, but it is in the contract that certain material of clothes will be worn? So you told Princess you needed a refund for "A defective product based on poor dress standards"? And....wait a minute....you were scarred for life right? Oh, the horror of it all.:eek:

Okay...just saw this comment of yours....carry on with your long arguments and don't waste your time helping all these threads on the board from the newer cruisers of Princess. All of us know you will be there when you spot one that has said something negative in it.

I thought you were done with this thread?

Actually, I have tried to help people who have legitimate complaints – I’ve suggested the process that they should use to contact Princess and how they should follow up. Sometimes people follow my advice – and I offer it because experience shows it’s been successful for me – other times they don’t. Usually when they don’t they continue to have problems. If you really read all my posts, you’d know all this.

As for how Princess prioritizes the letters of complaint/complement/suggestion/issue that they receive, that’s their business, not mine. I’m sure there are many letters sent to them that are less legitimate than one of mine mentioning the fall of their onboard ambience because dress guidelines aren’t being followed. I’m also sure that Princess handles all their complaints in a way that supports their business as they deem appropriate. If mine was handled and someone else’s wasn’t, it’s not my fault – you should be placing blame elsewhere if that’s what you want to do.

Now I would really appreciate it if you’d continue to debate the topic instead of debating me. The personal attacks are unbecoming. Thank you.

And still the formal fibbers chunter on............... It's starting to sound a bit desperate guys. Princess says Jeans are fine. End of. Apologies and corrections accepted here.
I think if you take a look at the long debate, there's been plenty of discussion about what went on before Princess said "jeans are fine." As for name calling, I don't think that's any more appropriate than jeans in the dining room.

Can we all just ware skirts and just get along. Then people would really have something to talk about, like, what are they wareing under there, what color, are they gay, don't you think a longer skirt would be better to hide those ugly leggs.

Or make statements like don't have to worry about the zipper sticking. If would make it easier for afternoon delight if a man did not have to take off his (pants, trousers, slacks, shorts and prob shoes).

OOOOH yes! ! Nothing more handsome than a man in kilt! A friend of mine's wedding, groom and all the groomsmen wore kilts; all the women just about swooned (it helped they were all young and handsome).

Also, it would help everyone with the packing if we didn't have to pack all his numerous pants and suits and jeans and we could just share some skirts (maybe with elastic waists to account for size differences?)

But maybe it's not such a good idea b/c it might start a new debate-- to bare the leg or not: is hosiery necessary for formal night?

First, see my post below for the real facts as published by Princess in the section of their Patters intended to be used as "guidelines". No debate or intrepretation required.

Second, see my post below for the real facts as published by Princess ... your intrepretation has most certainly been updated.

Third ... I attacked noone. I simply said that if humans are on the food chain then they are on the same food chain unless you are picked to die based on what you are wearing. Typically a food chain is defined as the pecking order for who is more elite or powerful in terms of who eats who or who should out survive who in nature. Your dockers/khaki's/pants can't save you there. BUT, if deflecting my arguments by falsely accusing me of attacking anyone in any way makes a person feel better... more power to them.

Fourth .... We can wear jeans in the dining room ... now what?

No debate or interpretation – you went to an online dictionary to further define what trousers mean to back up your contention? That’s not asking for more debate or interpretation over the published information?

My interpretation of Princess previous guidelines has not been updated – you can’t update my interpretation. It was correct as it was. The guidelines might have been updated but that has nothing to do with my interpretation.

You indicated that my outlook was “truly sad.” You’re making an assessment of my character and it’s a negative one and you’re posting it. How do you define an attack? Further I’ve not deflected any of your arguments – I think I’ve addressed them all quite well.

You were wearing jeans before in the dining room by your own admission. The only difference between then and now is that you no longer have to ignore the published guidelines. Enjoy your cruise.

But maybe it's not such a good idea b/c it might start a new debate-- to bare the leg or not: is hosiery necessary for formal night?

I think that the Princess guidelines require fishnets with seams for men.

No debate or interpretation – you went to an online dictionary to further define what trousers mean to back up your contention? That’s not asking for more debate or interpretation over the published information?

No debate or interpretation because my opinion has now been proven as FACT despite your constant assertions that your opinions are fact whilst mine are just opinions. The published information speaks for itself ... the definitions simply clarify for the hard of reading.

[My interpretation of Princess previous guidelines has not been updated – you can’t update my interpretation. It was correct as it was. The guidelines might have been updated but that has nothing to do with my interpretation.

You are right ... your interpretation has not been updated just proven WRONG upside down and backwards.

[[You indicated that my outlook was “truly sad.” You’re making an assessment of my character and it’s a negative one and you’re posting it. How do you define an attack? Further I’ve not deflected any of your arguments – I think I’ve addressed them all quite well.

I indicated that judging someone you didn't know based on their clothing was 'truly sad'. Never once said you were truly sad ... but me thinks you does protest too much. Are you sad?

You were wearing jeans before in the dining room by your own admission. The only difference between then and now is that you no longer have to ignore the published guidelines. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes you are correct I was already wearing jeans before, because every copy of the Patters I have ever seen as well as the sign outside the dining room has said exactly what this one does. The difference between then and now is that YOU can no longer argue that it isn't true.

Thank you very much for your well wishes regarding my cruise ...you enjoy yours too. Remember to check under the table before you engage in conversation with someone. You wouldn't want to accept them before you knew if denim was on their legs.

OOOOH yes! ! Nothing more handsome than a man in kilt! A friend of mine's wedding, groom and all the groomsmen wore kilts; all the women just about swooned (it helped they were all young and handsome).

Also, it would help everyone with the packing if we didn't have to pack all his numerous pants and suits and jeans and we could just share some skirts (maybe with elastic waists to account for size differences?)

I am glad some people are having fun along with me. Although I am offended by saying (just reading between the lines) I probably would not look so great because I am old and not so good looking.:D

RALPH, Just remember, it was not me that commented on your legs. I am sure your legs are fine. Besides I would not be looking at them. Those questions were for others not me. Besides the only time I asked those questions were when I was 18 in the PI and asked the bar girl every night when I went to the bar in town. I think I have grown since then.

I DID get a refund when I complained about the poor dress standards on one of my cruises.

bdjam, you are a gem. I think it is absolutely priceless that you are seemingly the only person to turn a profit out of poor dress standards.

Pity that you banked on the "folow the rules" line of argument. Please don't be put off by Princess' caving in on the topic - keep the fight going. It is of immense amusement value. Also, if you stir up the less formal cruisers they may start wearing shorts in the dining room, then you could be offended by the falling dress standards again and be in line for another refund. Just a thought.

Remember to check under the table before you engage in conversation with someone. You wouldn't want to accept them before you knew if denim was on their legs.

What's a good pretex for looking under the table. I w ould be affraid at what I might see. Plus they have brigs on ships don't they. Who wants to live in a brig as pervert. Just the thought of it makes me shiver.

I am glad some people are having fun along with me. Although I am offended by saying (just reading between the lines) I probably would not look so great because I am old and not so good looking.:D

RALPH, Just remember, it was not me that commented on your legs. I am sure your legs are fine. Besides I would not be looking at them. Those questions were for others not me. Besides the only time I asked those questions were when I was 18 in the PI and asked the bar girl every night when I went to the bar in town. I think I have grown since then.

awww, I'm sure you'd look lovely in a kilt, or perhaps a nice ballgown skirt? I was just commenting on the female wedding guests swooning having to do with the fact the groomsmen were hot, and had bare legs. Really, all men would look handsome in a kilt--something about it is just so, I dont know, what's the Scottish version of je ne sais quoi? An air of romance, and isn't that what we all want on formal night on our voyage on the high seas? A sense of beauty and romance, a feeling of something a bit more special than our "regular" everyday lives? I think that why some of us hate to see jeans in the dining room. It takes away a little bit from that feeling of being on a nice vacation, elegant dining and brings back a bit of home hum-drum just here to eat on the way from work to taking the kids to soccer/ballet/"math"lete practice. Oh well.

I'm thrilled for you, but there are certain situations where jeans are not appropriate. Would you wear jeans to a dinner at the White House? Would you wear them to a wedding at a fine restaurant or catering facility? I would hope not. There are dress codes for different settings. Princess sets a dress code. Just because you live in jeans in your day to day life, doesn't mean that you should wear them in every situation. If you want to wear jeans everywhere, including a cruise, then go on NCL and enjoy yourself.

I dress casually in my day to day life, but I enjoy dressing each night on a cruise. It makes the voyage special. The ships today are beautiful...the lounges, dining rooms, the common areas as so beautifully decorated. Why not dress a little nicer to match your surroundings. You might actually like it.;)

BRAVO!!! VERY well said!! I agree with you entirely. Excellent!

On my 9 night Crown Princess cruise there are only two formal nights. That's it, just two formal nights. If people CHOOSE not to get dressed up for them, then the way I see it they're making a choice not to go to the dining room.

Princess asks people to dress up for formal night - it's not called jeans and T shirt night for a reason. Not dressing up is thumbing your nose at the cruise line, and deliberately disobeying their rules. Not complying with the rules of your host is just plain rude.

I can never understand it when I hear people whine "But I just want to be comfortable on my vacation", blah blah blah. If your formal clothes are uncomfortable, then you're buying them in the wrong size. If folks are really hell bent on being comfortable, then maybe they should order room service. They can eat in their rooms, in their jammies and flip flops, and be comfortable. And the rest of us won't be able to see them!

Or wait until McDonalds has their own cruise ship, and people can wear their bathrobes to the dining room to eat their Mcbreakfasts. :D

Sharon H.

Not dressing up is thumbing your nose at the cruise line, and deliberately disobeying their rules. Not complying with the rules of your host is just plain rude.

So what's wrong with a little civil disobedience?

Princess aren't "hosts", they are a profit driven corporation offering a vacation option. Can a corporation even be offended? They are not inviting me round for dinner.

I love the White House analogy - don't follow it, but still love it. Is that the most formal occasion imaginable for an American?

Some rules are just silly anyway.

If anything, the pro dress up crowd should get a refund for a defective product - wait...I DID get a refund when I complained about the poor dress standards on one of my cruises.

As I recall you received a future cruise credit not a "refund"...What you didn't get was a promise from Princess that they would enforce the dress code in the future...I guess everyone has their price...How disappointing.

BRAVO!!! VERY well said!! I agree with you entirely. Excellent!

On my 9 night Crown Princess cruise there are only two formal nights. That's it, just two formal nights. If people CHOOSE not to get dressed up for them, then the way I see it they're making a choice not to go to the dining room.

Princess asks people to dress up for formal night - it's not called jeans and T shirt night for a reason. Not dressing up is thumbing your nose at the cruise line, and deliberately disobeying their rules. Not complying with the rules of your host is just plain rude.

I can never understand it when I hear people whine "But I just want to be comfortable on my vacation", blah blah blah. If your formal clothes are uncomfortable, then you're buying them in the wrong size. If folks are really hell bent on being comfortable, then maybe they should order room service. They can eat in their rooms, in their jammies and flip flops, and be comfortable. And the rest of us won't be able to see them!

Or wait until McDonalds has their own cruise ship, and people can wear their bathrobes to the dining room to eat their Mcbreakfasts. :D

Sharon H.

Very well said!! Maybe Princess should design a ship just for these folks. No cabins, bring your sleeping bag. Dining in a hall like atmosphere with family style chicken on formal nights with jeans, boots and muscle shirts required. Casual nights would be a cook your own on grills furnished by the ship.

Ron

Archived