What is your fav. Souvenir you got on a cruise

BigTee2000

22 minutes ago, ShmuelCharlie said:

When I started traveling w/my family, we had car trips to Boston; Springfield, MA for family Bar and Bat Mitzvahs; Lake of the Ozarks (in Missouri); the Poconos (in Northeastern PA); Hershey and Lancaster, PA; NYC for Passover and Bar Mitzvahs; DC, etc., along w/a first long flight trip to and from Florida (for a cousin's Bar Mitzvah). Later, in my late teens, I ventured across the Pond to Europe and then to Eastern Canada. Also in my teens, my family went to visit my maternal grandparents living in Miami Beach and other locales. 

My first cruise aboard Home Lines' Oceanic took me to Bermuda and the Bahamas (Nassau). Before that cruise, the only times I have been aboard larger vessels than power boats or sailboats were when I was aboard an overnight ferry to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia (Prince of Fundy lines) from Portland (July '75) and the Cape May ferry to Lewes, Delaware (August '69). By the time I returned to Europe in the mid-90s aboard HAL's Statendam for a 12-day cruise that visited the Aegean, Black Sea, and the Med, I had caught the "cruise bug" and never made myself cured of this wonderful "disease."

Cruises have taken more to most of the Caribbean, Mexico, and many European countries. But there are some places I haven't visited, like Scandinavian countries such as Norway  and Iceland; Asia, most of Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and most of South America. Now that I'm retired, I'm checking off a few countries from my bucket list.  🙂 

I do have a question for CC members: how do I insert the cruise ship names and dates in the signature area like other posters?

Thanks. 

One of my friends from high school in Brooklyn,NY moved to Alexandria,VA .She is the only person I ever knew who lived there but she moved to Fla when she retired.

The only time I ever traveled for a Bar Mitzvah was recently to Mass.However,I did travel to Fairfax,NJ for a wedding.We never did family travels when I was growing up.The first time I was on a plane was at age 50 ,big mistake to have waited so long.Now I am old and dealing with disabilities .The only form of traveling I can do is a cruise and therefore have been going to the Caribbean.

I did the overnight ferry to Yarmouth too.

Edited by lenquixote66

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

One of my friends from high school in Brooklyn,NY moved to Alexandria,VA .She is the only person I ever knew who lived there but she moved to Fla when she retired.

The only time I ever traveled for a Bar Mitzvah was recently to Mass.However,I did travel to Fairfax,NJ for a wedding.We never did family travels when I was growing up.The first time I was on a plane was at age 50 ,big mistake to have waited so long.Now I am old and dealing with disabilities .The only form of traveling I can do is a cruise and therefore have been going to the Caribbean.

I did the overnight ferry to Yarmouth too.

Cruises are great for those of us who are disabled because many ships have wheelchair-accessible cabins and crews trained to handle pax w/disabilities. 

2 hours ago, ShmuelCharlie said:

I thought those charms were offered by Pandora, the charm and bracelet jewelry store. Now I know that they're offered by DI. Thanks for correcting my memory of who offered those charms in the Caribbean ports. 🙂 

It's Diamonds International. I tried to upload a picture, but the attachment link isn't working for me. I also got charms in Alaska.

3 hours ago, ShmuelCharlie said:

Yeah, I also have a travel world map that has pins. A friend warned me that sometimes those pins fall off and can create a hazard to anybody walking on a carpet in bare feet: they are risking their skin through exposure to unseen pins in the carpet's fibers. 

Oh please, lose that friend 🙂  But this map is mounted on a foam backing so pins are unlikely to fall out.  And we don't have any carpeting in our house.

Edited by clo

Here are a few souvenirs from Rio.

The first is a plastic soda bottle covered with papier mache.  The second is a little bird with a flower.  Can't imagine it cost more than $10.  And the last is a rock that maybe an inch plus square.  It's a tram that runs up a hill to Santa Teresa that's a charming place with nice little shops and restaurants.  A few bucks.

20191109_120942 - Edited.jpg

20191109_120938 - Edited.jpg

20191109_120933.jpg

• 2 weeks later...