Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

I'm living vicariously with all of you on the Inaugural...have you all begun to pack? :confused: :D :confused:

Almost started. I brought the carry-on up from the basement, and positioned the suitcases near the stairs.

I'll ask the groundskeeper to bring them up when he comes this week. Since he's expecting to be paid for May and June work he'll be happy to do that little chore for me. :D

My formalwear is pretty much all packed - That's one suitcase.

I have the other bags dragged out and spread out in the den - starting to collect the cruisewear and stack up the blazers.

(I have a load of dress-shirts in the laundry right now)

:)

I agree - The stern looks like it was inspired by the design of a 1970's Holiday Inn...

...what a mistake not sticking with Noordam's graceful cascading after-decks as originally intended.

Gerd--

HAL Photoshop-ed an image of a Vista Class when creating that first image - They had originally intended to give Eurodam the same stern as Noordam, but added staterooms to the stern late in the game after many of us had booked.

Actually, that looks a lot like the image that Fincantieri put together for the Eurodam... I'll see if I can find it as I saved it SOMEWHERE, but in the meantime, here's an actual SIDEVIEW that is now posted on Fincantieri's site.

It answers a lot of questions about the "boxy butt" too.

From this angle I think she looks GREAT!

000280_foto1_img1.jpg

From this angle I think she looks GREAT!

000280_foto1_img1.jpg

Yes, that's a flattering photo...

...note the changes from the original design:

000284_foto1_img1.jpg

...side by side w/ Noordam the differences are more apparent.

noordam_tortola2-506x378.jpg

:D

Today I pulled out my luggage and began my first pack of clothing I'm not going to need between now and the cruise. I will take suits and shirts that need to go to the Dry Cleaners with me tomorrow and have them back on Wednesday. I'll then be able to finish my packing.

Apparently there is a new dry cleaning process being introduced to HAL on this ship. I hope it works. Where we live now, we really can't trust the local dry cleaning services.

Getting our wardrobe drycleaned...just another great excuse to go on a cruise vacation. :D

Too bad about those baggage restrictions.:eek:

Too bad also we couldn't be there for the big event with the Queen et al. I have my own coronation ceremony to attend on the July 1. (I have a tooth being crowned.)

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Smooth sailing...

See remarks ASSOCIATED with these pictures on the Eurodam blog...

YES, there will be dividers...

Lido Cabanas Are a Nice Place to Lounge

Julie | June 24, 2008 at 9:30 am | In Photos, Latest News, Shipboard Amenities | 1 Comment

Since we’ve showed you the Retreat cabanas, we thought you’d like to see the Lido cabanas too. The loungers look really comfortable and their proximity to the pool makes them the perfect place to relax.

lidocabanas2June20.jpg

The cabanas are right next to the pool under the Magrodome.

lidocabanasJune20.jpg

There will be curtains between the cabanas giving some privacy, but at the time of this photo they hadn’t been installed.

lidopoolJune20.jpg

The cabanas are behind the curtains.

addthis_url = 'http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eurodamnews.com%2F2008%2F06%2F24%2Flido-cabanas-are-a-nice-place-to-lounge%2F'; addthis_title = 'Lido+Cabanas+Are+a+Nice+Place+to+Lounge'; addthis_pub = '';

Those pillows are going to disappear REAL quick. :)

Just let the kids get ahold of 'em.

I'm still wondering how they're going to keep out the loiterers and squatters. Have they detailed some of the Bar staff to serve as "Lido Cabana Police?"

We'll find out soon enough.

Frankly, it looks like they've kept their options open to being able to convert the space back into open space if this doesn't work. Just get rid of the Austin Powers beds. :D

Hmmm ... It's almost lunch time. Time for some Baby Back Ribs! :D

Tacky. :confused: :eek: :confused:

I wonder who came up with this brainstorm?

My husband used to enjoy sitting here (on the Noordam) having coffee in the early morning. I guess that won't be happening if we cruise on the Eurodam.

It looks as though the Lido cabanas have taken the place of the tables and chairs, the ping pong tables and the giant chess set. :( Would someone check to see if there are ping pong tables on the Eurodam?

Thanks,

Birder22

I like them, don't mind paying for them and now know that I have a place to relax without waiting for the people who throw a towel on the lounger or a table by the window at 7am and then visit it on occassion. to realize that they are not alone on the ship. I'll gladly pay $200 to keep frustration at the ignorance of others at bay. Last cruise I went on 6 out of the 7 tables by the pool were filled with peoples stuff most of the afternoon but not a person in sight. Like I tell my kids when they complain about some new and often strange rule at school...it is the people who keep pushing the bar that ruin it for others.

My husband used to enjoy sitting here (on the Noordam) having coffee in the early morning. I guess that won't be happening if we cruise on the Eurodam.

It looks as though the Lido cabanas have taken the place of the tables and chairs, the ping pong tables and the giant chess set. :( Would someone check to see if there are ping pong tables on the Eurodam?

The Lido area is always crowded during lunch time especially. Guess it won't be now, since there is no public space to go have lunch.

From what I can tell by looking at the deck plans, there will be room for tables and chairs on the Starboard side of the Lido Deck.

Also, I'll bet that squatters will be occupying the cabanas on the port side when said-cabanas are unoccupied by paying passengers (and, maybe, even when they are! :eek: ) And we all thought lounge-saving by the pool was a controversy on this board!!!!!!!! :D We haven't seen anything yet!

My husband used to enjoy sitting here (on the Noordam) having coffee in the early morning. I guess that won't be happening if we cruise on the Eurodam.[/font]
According to the deck plans there are 29 tables scattered around' date=' most of them up at the forward end.

It looks to me like those low railings, which are up against the back row of loungers, don't leave much room in front of the cabanas to walk by. I think that will be a big bottleneck, and people in the cabanas will have people close to their "door" a lot.

From what I can tell by looking at the deck plans, there will be room for tables and chairs on the Starboard side of the Lido Deck.

I see in the deck plan 8 small cabanas on the port side and 5 larger cabanas on the starboard side (between the Terrace Bistro and the rest rooms) but the eurodamnews did say there will be just 8, IIRC. I guess those 5 spaces on the right aren't cabanas? It doesn't shown any tables inside them. :confused:

Archived