Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

It seems 60% of the Eurodam cabins will have room safes big enough for a laptop. That is welcome news for those who need to stay on-line - wish it was 100%.

I note a thread was started to alert HAL pax of $200 that the OP could not rule out was stolen from the safe in her cabin. I don't believe anyone contributed to the thread with anecdotes of their own experiences with "confirmed theft" though. I remain confident enough to bring a computer.

This is one of the new safes. Looks like a fair size laptop will fit alright.

cabinsafe.jpg

pinnaclebarJune11.jpg

The Pinnacle Bar ... complete except for the booze. :D

Hmmm ... the chairs to the left, by the windows, make me think of an Erector Set. :( Don't think I like that ... and the seats at the bar don't look too comfortable.

The Pinnacle Bar ... complete except for the booze. :D

Hmmm ... the chairs to the left, by the windows, make me think of an Erector Set. :( Don't think I like that ... and the seats at the bar don't look too comfortable.

I'm surprised by that. Well, it confirms what I thought of modern design philosophy: "It's better to look good than to feel good!" Except I don't think it looks good either.

... the chairs to the left, by the windows, make me think of an Erector Set. :( Don't think I like that ... and the seats at the bar don't look too comfortable.
It seems the more pictures I see, the more I think I'm not going to like it. :( The Tamarind looks good to me, but most of the decor seems to be too much oriented toward European/Danish Modern for my taste.

It seems 60% of the Eurodam cabins will have room safes big enough for a laptop. That is welcome news for those who need to stay on-line - wish it was 100%.

I note a thread was started to alert HAL pax of $200 that the OP could not rule out was stolen from the safe in her cabin. I don't believe anyone contributed to the thread with anecdotes of their own experiences with "confirmed theft" though. I remain confident enough to bring a computer.

This is one of the new safes. Looks like a fair size laptop will fit alright.

Theft from safes on board is not a problem. I like the bigger safes

LOL .... oh my, leave it to Brian to put into words what I was thinking.

The $24,000 question, however, is ... are they used? :eek:

Did you have to bring that up?:eek: No one is gonna want to stand underneath that darn thing

Anyone have pictures of the seats in the new theater? I forgot its name..
If you mean The Mainstage (main show lounge) there's a picture a little ways down on eurodamnews.com. If you mean that little (36 seat) "screening room" across from the Half Moon Room, I haven't seen a pic yet. Maybe someone has a pic of the one they just put on the Zuiderdam? Anybody?

[quote name='jtl513']If you mean The Mainstage (main show lounge) there's a picture a little ways down on [URL="http://www.eurodamnews.com"]eurodamnews.com[/URL]. If you mean that little (36 seat) "screening room" across from the Half Moon Room, I haven't seen a pic yet. Maybe someone has a pic of the one they just put on the Zuiderdam? Anybody?[/quote]

A friend of mine recently sent me this from the Zuiderdam Screening Room, however as MANY of the areas on Eurodam don't look TOO much like their vista counterpart, I wouldn't be surprised if it changes some.

[quote name='InTheWASide']A friend of mine recently sent me this from the Zuiderdam Screening Room, however as MANY of the areas on Eurodam don't look TOO much like their vista counterpart, I wouldn't be surprised if it changes some.[/quote]Thanks! I only count 30 seats (I thought it was 6 rows of 6) but they sure look like comfortable seats. I guess if there's a movie we really want to see we'll have to bring a book and "camp out" an hour (or more) before!

[quote name='Mary Ellen'][SIZE=3]I can't [I]believe[/I] we actually paid them to hang giant condoms from the ceiling.[/SIZE]

[IMG]http://www.eurodamnews.com/images/arisonMay22.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

LOL! Very funny.

[quote name='Eurodamnews.com'][IMG]http://www.eurodamnews.com/images/pinnaclebarJune11.jpg[/IMG]
"Pam sent us this photo of the Pinnacle Bar, which is adjacent to the Pinnacle Grill, looking ready to welcome its first guests. It seems like just yesterday that the ship was only wires and steel!"[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"]It still looks like wires and steel in this room.
If we have a dinner in Pinnacle, we won't be meeting [I]here[/I] for pre-dinner drinks.

80's decor aside, this arrangement never worked well for the Ocean Bar aboard the first 3 Vistas...
...why do they think it will work for Pinnacle Bar on this ship?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Mary Ellen'][SIZE="3"]I can't [I]believe[/I] we actually paid them to hang giant condoms from the ceiling.[/SIZE]

[IMG]http://www.eurodamnews.com/images/arisonMay22.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"]Mary Ellen -
That's hysterical!
;) [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='jhannah']The backs of those chairs look like they're padded.

How about the seats? Are they padded or just wood (or equivalent?)[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]They do look like hard wood, don't they. :rolleyes: Just what my butt is looking forward to. Not. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]We'll know soon enough, Jim. :) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='bepsf'][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"]It still looks like wires and steel in this room.
If we have a dinner in Pinnacle, we won't be meeting [I]here[/I] for pre-dinner drinks.

80's decor aside, this arrangement never worked well for the Ocean Bar aboard the first 3 Vistas...
...why do they think it will work for Pinnacle Bar on this ship?[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Actually, from the photo it reminds me a little bit of the configuration of the Ocean Bar on the port side of the old Rotterdam V. And it worked VERY well there.

[IMG]http://tkfiles.storage.live.com/y1px15oLjKa_dS08Kkag-geZc1tw-LjlvVDN-aRgYU1vFX02si5l4JprvyU3pAS97oBqnRImQRx0dk[/IMG]

Sadly, while the Ocean Bar on the old Rotterdam V was warm and inviting, this Pinnacle Bar on the [I]Eurodam[/I] looks cold, uncomfortable, and uninviting.

Archived