Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

This is LadyBird and Kos' suite - Wish they were able to make the trip with us...

I do too. And not just because I'd like to reprise jumping in their hot tub at a sailaway party, either! :D I'll miss them both.

Er, Brian, you don't have a hot tub in your suite, do you? ;)

Many thanks Mr. Hannah, I will continue to investigate Holland America and follow the path of the Eurodam with much interest.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the HAL ships...they all have their own personality! We've only sailed on the Noordam, but I've been an avid reader here for over two years, and each ship seems to be special. ;)

Many thanks Mr. Hannah, I will continue to investigate Holland America and follow the path of the Eurodam with much interest.

You've come to the board at the right time, then. A large group of us from this board will be aboard for anywhere from 3 to 23 days for her Inaugural sailings, and at least a few of us will be reporting from the ship. So, "stay tuned," as the old saying goes, and there will be plenty of reports regarding our first impressions of HAL's newest ship.

I do too. And not just because I'd like to reprise jumping in their hot tub at a sailaway party, either! :D I'll miss them both.

Er, Brian, you don't have a hot tub in your suite, do you? ;)

Too bad! I was looking forward to another picture of Ruth at sailaway in the hot tub.:D

Oh ... ugh! Her "boxy-butt" is so un-nautical! OUCH. Thankfully, we won't get to see her too often from this angle.

I'm a Princess fan, an a HAL fan secondly - and I really, really dislike the lines of Princess' "shopping cart" ships and kind of ignored comments regarding HAL's aft views because the HAL ships are so pristine and classic.

However, you are so accurate here - that really is not an attractive rear for an otherwise beautiful ship!

Can't wait to get my "boxy butt" on the Eurdodam in December. :)

LOL ... now that you mention, Barbara, I agree ... I can't wait to get my own boxy-butt aboard her in just a week and a couple of days!!!! :D ;)

I have to admit that my first reaction seeing that picture was 'That is one flat (word that I'm sure isn't allowed here ;) )-ed ship'. From that angle it looks like a building, not something 'shipshape'. :rolleyes:

Precisely. :)

Aloha, or should I say Ahoy!

I am booking this fine ship and am attempting to discover which V to book! VT I believe is the curvey balcony, but not sure if I can do anything but stand and wave on it.

I noticed the aft balconies, are they worthy of the extra $ as many of you believe the Vistas are? Or should I go guarantee and save the money for the spa?

It looks like there are still a few balconies with the metal guardrail on this ship like the Zuiderdam.

Vc looks bigger, but it doesn't seem to be when I research the Square footage.

I stll an unsure about the "spa balconies" do any of you folks have any ideas? This is for a trans atlantic cruise if that makes any difference.

I also haven't found the SZ guarantee on a few booking sites, many have incorrect deck plans.

My recent experience is in an SS, but it was not my original booking, and sadly can't swing this right now.

Thanks for sharing your expertise!

If I am in the wrong area, kindly direct me to the correct area.

Oh ... ugh! Her "boxy-butt" is so un-nautical! OUCH. Thankfully, we won't get to see her too often from this angle.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly that the stern 'looks like the back end of a bus' (to use an English colloquialism), the attached picture is the first I've seen that shows my upcoming cabin (corner aft wraparound balcony) clearly, so I was grateful for it being posted!

Now tremendously jealous of all those getting to sail on her inaugural - if I win the lottery on wednesday I'm going to head for Rotterdam to see if I can scrounge a 'noshow' cabin for the 'prelude' at the last minute!

Tim

Hello all

I’m really awaiting to see finally the MS Eurodam on July first in Rotterdam – but meanwhile I’m not sure to be able to identify the vessel.

If one look on

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/ExploreShip.action?shipCode=D

the aft of the Eurodam is more likely then the 4 Vista vessels and do has an inclination,

but if I look

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=608744&page=41

thread number 812, then the aft is much more likely to be almost vertical - or "boxy-butt" as our très chère Reverend mentioned ….

Please have a look to the attached thumbnail and compare with the picture on thread number 812

So what is real there on the aft ??

Happy cruising to everybody

Gerd

Our marvelous cruises :

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997

MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001

MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002

MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004

MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004

MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005

MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005

MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July 2006

MS Veendam - Southern Caribbean – March 2007

MS Volendam – Panama Canal – April 2008

116 days - 33'054 Nm

Future Cruise :

=>> MS Noordam, September 16 2009

event.png

1774362420_MSEurodam.jpg.d8b66702a5041945a588b29296dc731a.jpg

I'm a Princess fan, an a HAL fan secondly - and I really, really dislike the lines of Princess' "shopping cart" ships ...
I know what you mean. I don't care for that look, either.

I like the look of the Eurodam. There is a slope to the aft. If you look on the aft starboard corner you can tell each one is "shorter" than the one below it. Not as great a slope as the Vistas, true. But I still think it looks nice.

Besides ... photos can be deceiving. Let's see what she looks like in person. ;)

I know what you mean. I don't care for that look, either.

I like the look of the Eurodam. There is a slope to the aft. If you look on the aft starboard corner you can tell each one is "shorter" than the one below it. Not as great a slope as the Vistas, true. But I still think it looks nice.

Besides ... photos can be deceiving. Let's see what she looks like in person. ;)

I agree that part of the problem may be the angle to the aft at which the photo is taken. The slope is definitely LESS than on the Vistas, though close to what we see in the Noordam. And, yes, I'm looking forward to seeing what she looks like in person. :D Just a little over 1 week to go! :D

To all you Eurodam experts;

Will the seats near the stage in the Vista (Main) Lounge be removable to allow for a dance floor, like the Vista's? I realize they are theater type "fixed" seats, but do you think they can take them out for special cruises, like ours....the blues cruise? :confused:

Sheila

I have to admit that my first reaction seeing that picture was 'That is one flat (word that I'm sure isn't allowed here ;) )-ed ship'. From that angle it looks like a building, not something 'shipshape'. :rolleyes:

In that photo, she appears to already need an aft lift! ;) Maybe it's just the camera angle ???

Archived