Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

Two questions ...

1. Why is Alfred Hitchcock on the TV in this cabin??................

2. And, why is he also on the TV in this cabin?? .................

It's the late Alfred going to be the "Godfather" of the Eurodam?? Will the Eurodam be having "mystery cruises?" :D

Perhaps for a screening of Lifeboat? ;)

In the photo mock-up of the verandah cabin, the TV is shown on the desk. On Noordam it's actually suspended on a little shelf above the desk, creating a whole lot more room. Hope they continue that feature.

I stand corrected re the davits.

I guess I need to get on a new HAL ship to see them - it has been awhile (97) since I've been on an HAL ship - Princess & Oceania having drawn me astray.

AH, that explains it, then. Yes, the davits on the Vistas are very different from those on the S and R and N ships.

• 4 weeks later...

Her hull is starting to get painted on 18 SEP 07

photo-eurodam-hullpaint.jpg

We're talking a total of six layers of paint and coatings before going into service: two coats of epoxy primer, one layer of modified epoxy tie coat and three layers of self-polishing, antifouling tin-free paint.

photo-eurodam-hullpaint2.jpg

Latest pics from the yard

photo-eurodam-QV.jpg

Eurodam on the right

John,

Greetings!

A while back theer was some talk here about the missing 'windows' in the superstructure of EURODAM for two two outboard suites on the new Deck 11, I tyhink.

Anyhow, I can confirm that the window arrangement is as it is shown in the photo. Windows on the middle suites only. The two outboard suites will have only the balcony doors for light. Seems a shame that those suites will not have a view over the bow. (That would have pushed the price of a cruise up a few dollars... or euros!)

Anyhow to cover up the blank space there will be a wide dark blue stripe painted in. This should work.

Sorry have not been writing much lately. Have been busy with some pieces of art that must be ready by February. Not all work though... Ruth and I are off to the VEENDAM for two cruises, Montreal to Tampa then a Caribbean.

Stephen

Archived