Back From First Cruise on Celebration......Which ship next?

booky59

Hi all,

We were on the August 6th sailing of the Celebration, this was our first cruise and we loved it! We are definitely cruising again and would love suggestions for next year, we have two teenagers 14 and 17 who might have liked a little bigger pool but other than that loved the experience too.

Thanks for your suggestions!

We usually always choose a cruise line that offers a sailing from the port that is most convenient to us (i.e. Galveston or Houston), and we choose to sail off season when the prices are cheapest.

We've cruised to the beautiful Caribbean on Norweign (twice), Royal Caribbean (once), and Carnival (once, 1st cruise from San Juan- not convenient at all, but so much fun- and very exciting for us as a family).

NEVER had a bad cruise. Someday I'd like to see Alaska, but for now will settle on whatever we can afford.

If money were no object, I'd choose the LONGEST sailing available, as 7 days is hardly long enough- perhaps even back to back cruises.

maybe one day.....

Happy cruising,

Desiree

You sound like you may like either the Spirit or Conquest style ships. Both are larger and have longer itineraries. Since you have teenagers, who are most likely in school, you will pobably be traveling at a peak time, you may want to take a look at the current itineraries and prices to develop a feel for what is out there.

Celebration was wonderful - she's hooked many a future cruise addict:D I'm speaking from experience here - went on her for our first cruise in March of '05 - cruises 4 and 5 are already booked and I may sneak #6 in between 4 and 5 (how's that for crazy math - lol:eek: )

The Celebration was my first as well. (way back in 1990)

You never forget your first. ;)

If I were you, I'd go to the next class size ship and work my way up. Try them all! Try every cruiseline! See every port you can...why not? Life's too short.

Oh, and welcome to our addiction. :D

We went out of Jacksonville on the Celebration in Feb 2006. September 1 we will be sailing for 7 days on the Glory. We had a great time on the Celebration for our first cruise, but I think we are gonna see a big difference on the Glory. :)

We also went on the Celebration 5 day for our first cruise 4/06 with our teen girls. I won the free cruise playing bingo and we went on the Inspiration 5 night 12/06 just me and dh. We are now booked on the Glory Eastern 7 night 3/29/2008 with our dd (the other going away to college). We love cruising and are so excited to go on the big ship for 7 nights!

_______________________/

DeBeCruiser

04/06 First Cruise -- Celebration - 5 Night

12/06 Bingo Winner Cruise -- Inspiration -- 5 Night

Coming Up Next:

03/08 Glory Eastern -- 7 Night

We started out on the Celebration with Carnival and are now platinum members so you can see what a first cruise will do for you. We love the Glory and even with all the upgrades that are being made to the fantasy class, those ships will be a real treat. No matter what ship you go on, have a wonderful time.

Lois:)

I would also like to thank everyone here at Cruisecritic for the invaluable information, this helped make our cruise even better. When I made my husband stop at Walmart on our drive down for the over the door shoe holder thing, he said are you sure we need this, needless to say he was thankful we bought it.

Thanks again, I feel like I'm one of the family now!!!!!!!

Archived