Platinum preferred check in Port Everglades

Briarwood

Can anyone who is Platinum and has cruised out of the Port Everglades terminal, tell me how this works? When I was there before, there was a lineup that basically got longer and longer the more passengers that arrived....do you still wait in that lineup, or is there a different place that you wait as a Platinum member? What about disembarkation? Is it faster?

Thanks for your help

Its easy and a nice benefit. Just go to the doors next to where the line starts and ask someone with a Princess badge. They will probably direct you inside to a special wait area. From there your onto checkin. If you are too early, they have a smaller line for preferred checkin paxs.

My biggest gripe is that sometimes Princess doesn't put any signs out directing prefered checkin passengers, so thoses waiting don't understand why you are going to the front. That is why I ask and everyone waiting can see Princess directing you inside. I don't let it keep me from enjoying the perk though. We earned it!

Enjoy!

In Port Everglades, we usually arrive early, around 11:00. This is normally before the lines are outside. When we entered, we were asked 'how many cruises on Princess have you taken'. That was what the number we were given for boarding was based on. We are Elite so always get #1. Friends are platinum and they will usually get #2 or #3. When they began the boarding process, the numbers were called and you checked in that way.

The end of this month we won't be arriving early as usual, I guess we will find out then how the process works when there is a line outside. ;)

We had to wait in the huge line to get through the initial security screeners. Some jerk just about bit my head off when I politely asked if there was a perfered line! The only reason I even asked was because I heard here that the Perfered line is sometimes not obvious. Every time I go through Port Everglades they manage to be rude (not Princess staff, but port staff). Anyway... once past the security, we were allowed to the use Prefered check-in Counter, which in this case was no advantage, as the lines were just starting at the counters.

Archived