Internet Question regarding the Diamond

SabrinaNP

:) My husband & I will be cruising to Alaska on the Diamond in August 2008. Is it better or more economical to bring a laptop or to use the internet area on the ship? Are the Diamond's cabins internet ready? Is there anywhere to print boarding passes? Thanks.

Wireless access is available iin the atrium area only, not in passenger staterooms on Princess, sorry.

Boarding passes can be printed off in the internet cafe. There is a charge for both using the ships computers and/or your own laptop, and also a charge per page for printing.

:) My husband & I will be cruising to Alaska on the Diamond in August 2008. Is it better or more economical to bring a laptop or to use the internet area on the ship? Are the Diamond's cabins internet ready? Is there anywhere to print boarding passes? Thanks.

It depends. If you plan on lots of emails / writing and responding, then the wifi (with your own laptop) might be better. You will be able to logon, get your mail, log off, type up reponses, log back on, and send replies. If you use the ship's computers you are paying for that typing time.

But, if you are surfing the net, say to check stock accounts, then the shipboard with the package price may be the cheapest ticket. So you need to consider how you need or plan on using the internet.

Also remember the response time is slower than you would normally expect at home (assuming you are not on a modem) or what you would expect at a shorebased internet cafe.

Also another nice factor about bringing your own laptop is the ability to download your digital pictures. I carry mine only for that purpose (and use the ship's computers for my internet needs)

Archived