Norwegian Star Mini Suites - Noise?

mindymom

We were in AB11060 and experienced ALOT of noise from above. Our cabin was located at the point where the pool deck goes into a hallway by the game room. Every child on this ship semed to run through the doors and JUMP as hard as they could into the carpeted area!

But, in checking with others on the same deck, they had no noise complaints at all. Other than the noise, we loved deck 11- it was very convenient to everything. Except I never did get the hang of getting to the workout room and back in an orderly manner! You'll see what I mean when you get there!

Enjoy:D

We ended up being directly under the teen dance area and it was very noisy and could hear the music quite well. When complaining we were told the club closes at 11:00 but they dont actually lock it then and the teens can turn on the music themselves - found out later it's open until 1am. Even if we were taking a nap midday or early evening after excursions before dinner we'd get woken up. Not faulting the kids for playing the music (this makes me sound older than I am) but it was disruptive that a more expensive cabin is directly under the dance area and the pool and the buffets etc. We've since decided to take a BA vs mini-suite to avoid the noise or the potential noise.

That said, many people hear no noise so you may be fine. The room layout and size it great but we didnt like feeling like we lived in apt building with noisy neighbors above us and nothing that could be done about it. Make sure you look on the map for the deck above to see what's actually above you since some areas are noisier than others.

Archived