Another Question re: OBC & RCCL Stock

ILoveScotland

I just faxed RCCL today with information about my 100 shares of stock so that we can get the OBC for our Galaxy cruise in October. My question is: Will I be notified prior to boarding that the OBC is credited to my acccount?

I recently purchased RCI stock and was notified with 24 hours that the OBC was applied to my account. There is no way that I know of to verify that it truly has been applied other than contacting Celebrity to. I'll take my documents onboard with me to be sure its applied.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise

Mike

Be aware that the credit may not be applied to your onboard account until a couple of days into the cruise. We always take our Shareholder form with us with the fax receipt to prove that we were entitled to the credit, but it has never been a problem.

Thanks everybody. I'll call Celebrity next week and will also take my documentation of stock ownership with me in October.
Shareholder OBCs have to be approved by Miami HQs. Since no one on-board is supposed to approve Shareholder OBCs, rather than proof of stock ownership what you realy want is confirmation that HQs has approved the OBC. E-mail shareholderbenefit@rccl.com giving your Cruise dates, res number and that you have previously faxed a request, and ask that they e-mail a confirmation. All of my dealings on shareholder benefits have been handled extremely rapidly and accurately so I doubt that there will be any problem on-board, but it is comforting to have a confirmation in hand.

Hi TravelerThom !

I agree. You are always better off asking for an email confirmation, to have some backup should there be a problem.

The group who handles shareholder credits does a wonderful job. They are always very courteous, and reply quickly. My thanks to them for a job very well done !

On our last cruise I did have trouble with my stockholder credit. We got the onboard booking but not the stockholder. I had a copy of the fax I sent and it was straightened out for us. But from now on I will verify my onboard credits before sailing and then verify on board.

How much (or little) of the stock is required to get the OBC? & is this in addition to any other coupons or credits you receive? I am starting to think it would pay to buy some of this stock just for the OBC & getting inside news abt company developments..

Its kind of one of those great investments for those that do a lot of cruising. We recently purchased 100 shares of stock for about $3800 and got an immediate credit of $500 (we have a 18 day Azamara and a 15 day RCI cruise booked) which is a one-day return of more than 12%. Hard to beat that rate of return.

I always e-mail a pdf copy of my statement and credit request form to

ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com

They usually confirm that the shareholder credit has been applied to my reservation. The confirmation is usually received within 1-2 days.

I always bring along this confirmation e-mail. The others are correct in that it take a day or 2 be applied to your on board account. You can also stop by the front desk and they will verify that they have in on their list to be applied.

How much (or little) of the stock is required to get the OBC? & is this in addition to any other coupons or credits you receive? I am starting to think it would pay to buy some of this stock just for the OBC & getting inside news abt company developments..
As previously stated 100 shares required for the Shareholder OBC. Shareholder OBC applies to RCI, X and Azamara, and can be used for EVERY cruise you go on. Amount of OBC varies with length, up to $250 PER CABIN for two week cruise or longer. Only one Shareholder OBC per cabin [even if both occupants own stock], and it applies in addition to any other coupons or credits including group fares [i don't think it can be applied to travel agent/ industry rates]. If you are paying for two or more cabins, your Shareholder OBC can be applied to only one cabin. First time I e-mailed a .pdf of my purchase I had confirmation in less than 90 minutes! [Don't count on it being quite that fast, but Shareholder Benefits does great work.]

Archived