Current concierges?

fflady

Like I said,Im sure some of you love him,but not me..........he rarely got up from his computer while we were in the CL........BUT that was not the problem at all............I did prefer the 2 bar servers.......they were super and had great personalities...

BTW-surprising to me,they allowed to go drinks in the CL...........people would come in and just walk up to the bar server and ask for a drink to go in a paper cup.....:rolleyes:

I have to agree with Kathy. It was made clear to us on day one that Willy preferred his suite guests, He blew us away as D+. The two bar servers Ashton and Andre were great.

Try them both. We did, see which Concierge treats you better. But I suspect you will be very welcome in the Lounge.

I agree with these posters. Willy was absolutely rude to anyone that had the nerve to enter his lounge who was not a suite guest. He went out of his way to make us feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

I am D+ and so was my roomie.

Maybe Willy hasn't read the sign outside his door that welcomes D+ guests as well as suite guests.:rolleyes:

Oh my, heading for Freedom OTS this weekend. We're D, one cruise away from D+, and we are in a suite. Wonder which lounge we should frequent?

You can go to the concierge and don't worry!!!! Willie will be leaving on Nov 6 and won't be back until Jan 22, 2012!

I guess, that after 6 months of working every day, the crew members can get a little touchy....:)

I'm D+ and always felt welcome on Freedom's Concierge!!!

Maybe it was just a BAD WEEK???....:D

I agree with these posters. Willy was absolutely rude to anyone that had the nerve to enter his lounge who was not a suite guest. He went out of his way to make us feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

I am D+ and so was my roomie.

Maybe Willy hasn't read the sign outside his door that welcomes D+ guests as well as suite guests.:rolleyes:

I would have reported him to the F&B Manager or the Hotel Director. We do not go on cruises for someone to be rude to us. He knows better.

And I would not have tipped him at all. There I said it! :mad:

I would have reported him to the F&B Manager or the Hotel Director. We do not go on cruises for someone to be rude to us. He knows better.

And I would not have tipped him at all. There I said it! :mad:

Did exactly all that............esp after I said to him(in a nice way,trust me,I did not get nasty) that I felt he didn't want us in there and he replied"well,if that's the way you feel,dont come back":eek::eek: I really expected a reply like "Im sorry you feel that way,let me assure you,you are more than welcome"

That is the comment that broke the camel's back.

and looks like I am not alone with the attitude that was given..

Did exactly all that............esp after I said to him(in a nice way,trust me,I did not get nasty) that I felt he didn't want us in there and he replied"well,if that's the way you feel,dont come back":eek::eek: I really expected a reply like "Im sorry you feel that way,let me assure you,you are more than welcome"

That was just rude. We had Amit last year on the Freedom and he was outstanding. Very friendly to everyone.

Willie sounds like the guy we had on the Oasis right after she entered service. His name was Francios and we was one rude dude. I later learned that he was not happy being on the Oasis. He left and to my knowledge hasn't returned to either Oasis or Allure.

I still get the feeling that the CL is short lived for D+. I have no information but just a feeling. I think that's why they are adding a Diamond lounge to the older ships as they go through their revitalization.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty G viewpost.gif

I think it would be in bad taste for someone to drop a dime in Nadia here if she did!!! !

HUH??:confused:

Meaning that sharing the name of somebody who would allow people to take out drinks against the rules might get that somebody in trouble, since RCI does read these boards. Wow, how was that for a run-on sentence?:p

Wow. I'd be reporting him - that's inexcusable.

That was just rude. We had Amit last year on the Freedom and he was outstanding. Very friendly to everyone.

Willie sounds like the guy we had on the Oasis right after she entered service. His name was Francios and we was one rude dude. I later learned that he was not happy being on the Oasis. He left and to my knowledge hasn't returned to either Oasis or Allure.

I still get the feeling that the CL is short lived for D+. I have no information but just a feeling. I think that's why they are adding a Diamond lounge to the older ships as they go through their revitalization.

The same Francois that everybody was raving about a few pages ago?:eek: I guess Liberty is more to his liking. What a pity that rudeness to passengers results in getting what you want.

I share your feeling. And I wonder if the Concierges know that and some have already written off their D+ passengers.

I am really sad to here the comments. As i said, Willy was in the DL last year, and you could not have wanted anyone better. I don't know what has happened since then, but if he is in either one in a few weeks I will see for myself. I really will feel bad if he just blows nonsuite guests off. That'll be me

I am really sad to here the comments. As i said, Willy was in the DL last year, and you could not have wanted anyone better. I don't know what has happened since then, but if he is in either one in a few weeks I will see for myself. I really will feel bad if he just blows nonsuite guests off. That'll be me

Willie will be going home on Nov 6 for 8 weeks...... sorry you will miss him. I never had any problems with him, and we cruised on Radiance and Freedom few times....... I had problems with Francois on Oasis: hope he's better now, because I'll cruise on Liberty OTS, nov 12.....

I'm from Reading...... left about 11 years ago: had enough of the bad weather, and I can see that you are having some right now...... all my family and friends have not power, and dont know when they will get it back......Hope you are not one of them......:p

Meaning that sharing the name of somebody who would allow people to take out drinks against the rules might get that somebody in trouble, since RCI does read these boards. Wow, how was that for a run-on sentence?:p

Sorry I missed that and thanks Critterchick for the answer. Here is more info on this slang term that ages me.

http://www.answers.com/topic/drop-a-dime

I can remember when pay phones were a nickle (US 5 cent piece / a dime is a 10 cent piece). I also remember in Scotland going to the Saturday matinee for thrupence (UK threepenny bit). ;)

Everyone seems to have their own idea about what they like in a concierge. There is one I know people have raved about who I thought was completely detached. I didn't care for him at all. He couldn't be engaged in conversation at any time even when he wasn't busy. He'd jump up to help old ladies in the door then go back to have his face in his computer or phone. I never saw him work the room.

I don't think any concierge is happy for long on the 2 monster ships. Let's face it, there are 2 concierges who have to work together who may cramp each other's style. Not to mention they also have 3 times the suites of other ships meaning they are overworked and probably undertipped.

I believe, as others have said, anyone can have a bad week. That's why I think we should be willing to be open minded about it and give them all a second chance.

I had Willie once in the DL on Freedom and he was as sweet and helpful as anyone could be.

Francois is charming, professional and goes above and beyond - even for me a non-suite D+ on his ship - Serenade, 2 years in a row. He jumped right in and did things for us that we easily could have and would have taken care of on our own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CruiseMami, be glad you're not here. It is 29 degrees this AM. Too cold for now. The snow is melting, and we got our electricity back on Sunday morning. There are still over 200,000 without it in Ma., tho.

CruiseMami or anyone else who was just on the Freedom. Who was the Hotel Director and will whoever still be there right after Thanksgiving Thanx

I am really sorry that I will miss Willy. Really was looking forward to seeing him.

Everyone seems to have their own idea about what they like in a concierge. There is one I know people have raved about who I thought was completely detached. I didn't care for him at all. He couldn't be engaged in conversation at any time even when he wasn't busy. He'd jump up to help old ladies in the door then go back to have his face in his computer or phone. I never saw him work the room.

I don't think any concierge is happy for long on the 2 monster ships. Let's face it, there are 2 concierges who have to work together who may cramp each other's style. Not to mention they also have 3 times the suites of other ships meaning they are overworked and probably undertipped.

I believe, as others have said, anyone can have a bad week. That's why I think we should be willing to be open minded about it and give them all a second chance.

I had Willie once in the DL on Freedom and he was as sweet and helpful as anyone could be.

Francois is charming, professional and goes above and beyond - even for me a non-suite D+ on his ship - Serenade, 2 years in a row. He jumped right in and did things for us that we easily could have and would have taken care of on our own.

Gina,

I could not agree more. They work very hard, and get a lot of abuse from many passengers and then some of the passengers that they work the hardest for leave and don't even tip them, which is what their salary is really based on. They put up with all that, work form demanding people and then smile and help us. I think it's wonderful what they do and I appreciate each and every one of them. When it seems to you that they are not working, I can bet you that they are. There is way too much work for them to ever just be sitting idly at their desks. I could never do their job, and am so glad that they do it so well. CL's are the best in my book.

Gina,

I could not agree more. They work very hard, and get a lot of abuse from many passengers and then some of the passengers that they work the hardest for leave and don't even tip them, which is what their salary is really based on. They put up with all that, work form demanding people and then smile and help us. I think it's wonderful what they do and I appreciate each and every one of them. When it seems to you that they are not working, I can bet you that they are. There is way too much work for them to ever just be sitting idly at their desks. I could never do their job, and am so glad that they do it so well. CL's are the best in my book.

Well,in my case,I was NOT demanding......I greeted him when I first went in there............I was VERY pleasant and didn't ask anything of him.I ALWAYS tip...........probably over tip........this is the first time I didnt.........the bar servers got his share.......

Some of you may love Willy and that's fine......I have cruised many times and this is the first concierge I have come across like this....His last comment,that I mentioned was just the icing on the cake.I ignored all his previous little snide remarks till then!

Gina,

I also agree and that has always been my experience as well till last week. Willy may have been having a bad week, we all understand how hard they work. I have experienced people who are demanding of them, this was not the case here.

Anyone who knows Kathy, knows she an experienced cruiser and would never be demanding. In my experience it is usually those who are not experienced cruisers who are the most demanding. It was certainly those suite guests that were the ones who came in and asked for drinks to go....some of them in bare feet..........we were shocked that it was allowed. I hasten to add that most of us who were there the last night were either from our roll call or a few we had made friends with during the week. So I have no idea whether his precious suite guests tipped him graciously.

As someone suggested it is possible that in the not too distant future D+ may not have access to the CL, but I agree with Kathy and Shar, what we experienced was between being impolite to being ignored to say the least. Like I said before the two bar tenders Ashton and Andre were wonderful.

Maybe the storm they all went through two weeks ago put their nerves on edge as it was quite something. Captain Olsen told us that they had emptied the swimming pools before leaving port Canaveral and after the rain stopped they were full again.

Rude behavior is unacceptable, regardless of the source. We haven't seen Willie since he was on Radiance, and we enjoyed him then. But it sounds as though Kathy has objectively stated what happened. Whether a passenger is on his first cruise or his 100th cruise, he should be treated with respect. I think we should accept what she has said and not excuse bad behavior.

The prediction about D+ no longer having access to the CL seems to be a cruise critic self-fulfilling prophecy. I am interested to know if anyone has anything more than speculation to add.

The prediction about D+ no longer having access to the CL seems to be a cruise critic self-fulfilling prophecy. I am interested to know if anyone has anything more than speculation to add.

The answer here is that D+, PC, and Suite guests will have CL access. There are, nor will there be, plans to eliminate these guests from the CL. Those were the words from the top.

Expansion of CLs on other ships will allow for all to have comfortable access to the CL. The only time there is an issue is on certain special cruises where a large # of loyal cruisers sail together.

Same with us. No problems with him.

I have agreed with you on this in the past. Francois does a great job.

There is no reason to be rude and having a bad day certainly does not constitute a good reason. Customer service/satisfaction is a tough job that many times requires one to elevate above the bad day. Not always easy to do.

There is no reason to be rude and having a bad day certainly does not constitute a good reason. Customer service/satisfaction is a tough job that many times requires one to elevate above the bad day. Not always easy to do.

I've personally never experienced rudeness - just a detached, not especially friendly or welcoming attitude. A bad week could cause someone to not be at their best. But I agree, flat out rudeness is never acceptable.

My point was that I don't think any concierge is happy on the big 2 for long. Even the best can only put up with the demands of 3 times the suites and a co-concierge for so long.

I would never find the comments recently experienced by Kathy to be acceptable. It seems this concierge has been found by many to be better suited to the D lounge. We found him to be quite nice there.

My point was that I don't think any concierge is happy on the big 2 for long. Even the best can only put up with the demands of 3 times the suites and a co-concierge for so long.

I would never find the comments recently experienced by Kathy to be acceptable. It seems this concierge has been found by many to be better suited to the D lounge. We found him to be quite nice there.

I agree. Rude comments are never acceptable and should be reported.

Frankly,I was shocked:eek::eek:......mentioned to someone in charge...nothing changed after that........filled out every possible spot on the comment card and sent a follow up email when I got home.It is all out of my hands now.

The same Francois that everybody was raving about a few pages ago?:eek: I guess Liberty is more to his liking. What a pity that rudeness to passengers results in getting what you want.

I share your feeling. And I wonder if the Concierges know that and some have already written off their D+ passengers.

I assume that there is only one Francios.:) He would not even look up when you walked in the door to say hello. Would just mumble and keep looking down. I was told that the reason that he was unhappy was due to the fact that RCI was orginally going to make a "loft" lounge for the loft suites and he wanted that. RCI changed their minds about the "loft" lounge and he decided to haul butt.

I agree that some of the Concierge may know something that the rest of us don't.

Well,in my case,I was NOT demanding......I greeted him when I first went in there............I was VERY pleasant and didn't ask anything of him.I ALWAYS tip...........probably over tip........this is the first time I didnt.........the bar servers got his share.......

Some of you may love Willy and that's fine......I have cruised many times and this is the first concierge I have come across like this....His last comment,that I mentioned was just the icing on the cake.I ignored all his previous little snide remarks till then!

I believe you Kathy. Not all of the concierges are cut from the same mold. I have experienced this first hand and we are not big concierge lounge users. It's usually too busy and we prefer something less crowded. Diego and Didi have been my two favorite so far with Amit coming in a close second.

I also agree and that has always been my experience as well till last week. Willy may have been having a bad week, we all understand how hard they work. I have experienced people who are demanding of them, this was not the case here.

Anyone who knows Kathy, knows she an experienced cruiser and would never be demanding. In my experience it is usually those who are not experienced cruisers who are the most demanding. It was certainly those suite guests that were the ones who came in and asked for drinks to go....some of them in bare feet..........we were shocked that it was allowed. I hasten to add that most of us who were there the last night were either from our roll call or a few we had made friends with during the week. So I have no idea whether his precious suite guests tipped him graciously.

As someone suggested it is possible that in the not too distant future D+ may not have access to the CL, but I agree with Kathy and Shar, what we experienced was between being impolite to being ignored to say the least. Like I said before the two bar tenders Ashton and Andre were wonderful.

Maybe the storm they all went through two weeks ago put their nerves on edge as it was quite something. Captain Olsen told us that they had emptied the swimming pools before leaving port Canaveral and after the rain stopped they were full again.

I can understand about being upset on how you were treated but be careful labeling suite guests. I am D+ and a suite guest. Not everyone is demanding and if you really want to turn the tables, I have seen plenty of D+ throw their weight around in the CL to the point that it makes you want to hurl. There can be rude people of every size and form. It's not just one group.:)

I can understand about being upset on how you were treated but be careful labeling suite guests. I am D+ and a suite guest. Not everyone is demanding and if you really want to turn the tables, I have seen plenty of D+ throw their weight around in the CL to the point that it makes you want to hurl. There can be rude people of every size and form. It's not just one group.:)

I am also D+ and very often a suite guest. I am not labeling all suite guests or meaning to include all suite guests together since that would include myself as well. :) Please do not misunderstand what I am saying. I would agree that there are people from all levels that can throw their weight around. Maybe I did not make myself clear enough, there were many of the suite guests that were on our roll call and with whom we had great fun. But there were others who did come in with bare feet and asked for drinks to go.

Having said all that some of us experienced, we still had a great cruise. :D

I am also D+ and very often a suite guest. I am not labeling all suite guests or meaning to include all suite guests together since that would include myself as well. :) Please do not misunderstand what I am saying. I would agree that there are people from all levels that can throw their weight around. Maybe I did not make myself clear enough, there were many of the suite guests that were on our roll call and with whom we had great fun. But there were others who did come in with bare feet and asked for drinks to go.

Having said all that some of us experienced, we still had a great cruise. :D

I don't really see that asking for drinks to go while in bare feet is demanding. Icky, perhaps, but unless the Concierge tried to enforce the rule and was met with attitude, I don't see the big deal. It seems to me that plenty of them allow it with no fuss.:)

Archived