Last Minute Cruise Deals

billfish

I am retired and live in the Boston area and would like to take advantage of any super last minute deals that may be available for cruises leaving the port of Boston. What is the best way to find these deals?

I am retired and live in the Boston area and would like to take advantage of any super last minute deals that may be available for cruises leaving the port of Boston. What is the best way to find these deals?

A local TA can keep an eye out for you or you can check online. Last minute isn't last minute anymore, since 9/11. You might get something 2 weeks out.

Thanks

Thanks kind of what I'm doing. As you suggested I'll probably make a decision within two weeks of departure I would like to go on the September 30 Majesty to Bermuda. My next door neighbors went last Spring and got an outside cabin on one of the top decks for just over $500.

Sometimes wish I were in Florida so I could take advantage of some of the deals used to fill the empty cabins during the off peak times

We got a nice deal last year, 5 days before the cruise left. We had picked the cruise line, ship and departure port, and watched it for 4 weeks prior to sailing. It was nice 50th birthday present for me from my wife. We drove to the port of Tampa instead of flying.

There are a few sites I have used for last minute cruises effectively. I'm not allowed to name them on this board. I think you can do a google search for --Lowest price Last minute cruises or just-----last minute cruises, go to a couple of the sites and you'll get ideas.

I live in the Norfolk area and asked my TA about last minute deals and she didn't have a clue!! She said to check with the cruise line. We cruised out of Norfolk in July and two weeks before we left there were quite a few cabins still available but by the time we cruised there were none left. Would love to know have to take advantage of the last minute deals.

Is the Majesty NCL? If so they discount about 3-5 weeks out and then rack the price back up. They also do deals further out as they monitor how the ship is selling. Unless it just really isn't sold through all their efforts then maybe last minute. BUT I'd look now and watch everyday. I got a deal from them on the Dawn in January last week that lasted 3 days only before they pulled it.

Another great thing is to get on the cruiseline message board here on cruise critic and ask around - others are monitoring the cruises and prices and can help with what is now available and also to tell you how the cruise line discounts. Each one discounts a little differently.

Debbie

That (leaving the port of Boston) certainly limits your possibilities. If you can open your options if you are willing to consider northeastern ports or even eastern ports.

Archived