re:$79 Le Bistro package-How come alot of you don't like the canapes?

Jetswdo

I ordered the $79.00 Le Bistro package, and probobly will switch canapes to cheese and crackers. How come many of you don't like the canapes?What is on them? (I hate cavier and don't like fish; my husband detests deviled eggs) If that sums up the canapes, then we wouldn't like them either. Anita

Hi Jets,

For DH and myself, it wasn't so much as not enjoying them, but not knowing how long they were sitting there unrefrigerated, in our stateroom!! They seemed to be delivered at times when we were off ship, and gone for 4-5 hours....Also, some of the stuff looked "mysterious"...really didn't know what it was....

On the up side, the rest of the package is really great!!! :D

I agree with some of the previous comments. Plates delivered when we weren't around looked like they had been sitting there for hours.

The canapes had deviled eggs, a light sprinkle of cavier on some, looked like some smoked salmon and shrimp maybe, but some just kind of mysterious looking. We've never taken more than a bite off the plate. I don't get worked up about it because there is already plenty of food onboard.

However, if there would be something in the package that needs improvement or rethinking, this would be the prime target.

I agree that the canapes weren't all that appealing. They looked nice, but neither DW or I eat meat and only some seafood. We asked if we could get something else and were told the chef offers what he offers but that innstead, we could order cheese & crackers or whatever from the butler and just forego the canapes. That's what we ended up doing.

W'ere in a mini suite--no butler. I'll tell NCl to please switch and say I'm allergic to seafood, and a cheese and cracker plate would be safe. If not I'll probobly give the canapies to whoever wants them.... Anita

I agree w/ everyone here...the canapes were not that great....(I passed mine off to my sister so she could tell me what they were;))

But, I'm happy w/ the $79.00 package, especially the strawberries & champagne & dinner:)

• Administrators

I agree, the canapes weren't so all that -- but what was funny is they were delivered to our cabin on the same day as the Latitudes party. So we kind of picked and chose among the plate in the cabin, then went to the party -- where we were served a selection of the SAME canapes! :) I like caviar and while this wasn't even in the same zip code as the best I've had, it wasn't awful... apart from deviled eggs, the rest was pretty much a mystery. We just shrugged, and had a couple more free drinks from the roaming waiters. Even without the canape tray we thought the package was an excellent bargain.

hehe, when I called and ordered the romance package for our Sept. cruise, the clerk read what it included back to me...do you think she pronounced canapes correctly? Had me giggling for 10 minutes! LOL

(not that I'm a snob or anything, but I think if it's a word you need to pronounce as part of your job, you should know how to pronounce it!)

Okay, rumors are that NCL monitors this board... So, after the comments here, and receiving several plates of canapes ourselves that have sat in the cabin for days before being trashed.... TIME TO PAY ATTENTION AND COME UP WITH A TREAT SOMEONE WILL EAT! ;)

hehe, when I called and ordered the romance package for our Sept. cruise, the clerk read what it included back to me...do you think she pronounced canapes correctly? Had me giggling for 10 minutes! LOL

(not that I'm a snob or anything, but I think if it's a word you need to pronounce as part of your job, you should know how to pronounce it!)

she isn't a clerk, rather an agent and yes, you do sound a bit like a snob. She is paid probably about 8.00 an hour (I don't really know) does her best and was able to tell you what was included, what more did you need to know?

NMNita

We have gotted some kind of treat (brought by the butler) each evening on our last 6 NCL cruises. Between my partner and I one of us always enjoys the treat. Neither of us has ever gotten sick after what has to be 80 nights on board.

Ah bien sur, vour parlez Francais? :rolleyes:

Okay, rumors are that NCL monitors this board... So, after the comments here, and receiving several plates of canapes ourselves that have sat in the cabin for days before being trashed.... TIME TO PAY ATTENTION AND COME UP WITH A TREAT SOMEONE WILL EAT! ;)
Most of the lines have similar treats (canapes) I don't see any of them changing in the near future. This is the least of their concerns.

Nita

True. This was only half-hearted. The canapes suck. But it's not gonna ruin my cruise! :p Like I said, there's plenty of other options if you're hungry.... but seems like it would be something easy to fix. I could do better with a half-hearted attempt using what was in the pantry on any given day.

I agree about the canapes but who had the room to eat them anyway???? Just loved arriving to chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in our room. It set a nice romantic tone to begin a cruise! It's a great package!

On the other hand, NCL's house champagne is quite drinkable!

Hey, there's no reason why even a person making $8 an hour can't be supplied with a phonetic spelling to help them pronounce a word like canape. NCL uses the word canape BECAUSE it's swanky and French, otherwise they'd call 'em 'treats.' Maybe we should stop worrying about the otherwise delightful customer service person and focus on her training...

(Wouldn't mind a few of those little liver/pate-like treats right now!)

Best, David

Did the clerk prounounce it as "Can o peas"? LOL!

The canape comments have been very entertaining! Is there anyone out there who actually liked them, and are too shy to admit it? LOL Anita

Not too shy to admit it...we like them and, yes, we are quite fussy with our food. My wife is an excellent cook;)

We do recognize all of the canapes no matter how the agent pronounces them:)

Archived