re:$79 Le Bistro package-How come alot of you don't like the canapes?

Jetswdo

Romy: Thanks for the quick response. We just booked last week for NCL Crown Bermuda Sep 30. /Sultan

You're certainly very welcome;) and I hope you have a fantastic time on the Crown, I hear Bermuda is wonderful! I think you'll like NCL too!

Happy Sails!!

Romy

Hi Sultan, I had the very same question, you can book that directly through NCL or you can ask your TA to do it for you.

I don't know about the specific date though, I'm going to call later in the week.

Enjoy and Happy Sails!!!

Romy

You book your dinner reservation once you are on-board.

You also bring your "romance package letter" (which will be in your cabin when you board) to the restaurant on the evening that you go to dinner.

Just hand the letter to your waiter.

You also bring your "romance package letter" (which will be in your cabin when you board) to the restaurant on the evening that you go to dinner.

Just hand the letter to your waiter.

Great, thanks Dad, good to know!:)

Happy Sails!

Romy

Hi dadof2:

Thanks for the info about Romance $79 package. We will be on NCL Crown which has only 64 seats for Le Bistro. I have read that most pax book Le Bistro as soon as they board. We will have very low priority in boarding because this is our first NCL cruise. We are usually late diners -- 8pm or so. What are the chances of getting a booking in Le Bistro on one of the 2 sea days? Any suggested strategies for Le Bistro? Thanks.

Hi dadof2:

Thanks for the info about Romance $79 package. We will be on NCL Crown which has only 64 seats for Le Bistro. I have read that most pax book Le Bistro as soon as they board. We will have very low priority in boarding because this is our first NCL cruise. We are usually late diners -- 8pm or so. What are the chances of getting a booking in Le Bistro on one of the 2 sea days? Any suggested strategies for Le Bistro? Thanks.

We got on the ship pretty quickly, I think, for it being our first cruise. There were tons of people that had not boarded and had cruised before. We booked our evening at Le Bistro for a Thursday evening and we called on a Tuesday, I believe. Got the time we wanted, pretty much.

Do these packages show up on the edocs? How long after booking by phone? Thanks. /Sultan

When you book by phone, ask for an email confirmation and bring it on-board with you (just in case it's not transmitted correctly to the ship) though we've never needed it.

The package will not show up on your e-docs.

The champagne and strawberries should be in your cabin when you embark or shortly thereafter and there will be a letter in your cabin confirming your romance package.

Be sure to bring the letter with you to LeBistro.

Have a great cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
I know the package include 2 cover charges for Le Bistro, but what if I also want to bring the kids (romance w/ 2 children HA!@!)? Can I just pay for them and have them sit with us? Has anyone ever done this?

We did that on one occasion a couple years ago. I would assume you still can. I guess another option might be to buy two packages (and double up the wine for the adults)

We did that on one occasion a couple years ago. I would assume you still can. I guess another option might be to buy two packages (and double up the wine for the adults)

Hubby does not drink. It will be all that wine for me alone. I am hoping they will save the leftovers for another dinner.

Hubby will enjoy the canapes though (if my kids don't get to them first).

A few questions regarding the 79.00 Romance package: are there

charges/gratuities added to the price?

For example:

15% Corkage fee

15% Gratuity

Delivery charge

Thanks

PK

NCL Pearl - Nov 2007

A few questions regarding the 79.00 Romance package: are there

charges/gratuities added to the price?

For example:

15% Corkage fee

15% Gratuity

Delivery charge

Thanks

PK

NCL Pearl - Nov 2007

No corkage fee its their wine and no cockage fee applies.

No added Gratuity but you can and probably should leave a tip at Le Bistro

No delivery charge its included in the 79 you already have paid.

and remember you have to order it at least two weeks before..

I know the package include 2 cover charges for Le Bistro, but what if I also want to bring the kids (romance w/ 2 children HA!@!)? Can I just pay for them and have them sit with us? Has anyone ever done this?

I've never brought our children (when they were kids) but if they are "children", I believe they can order from the kids menu at no charge.

Monte, is that correct?

I was so excited when I saw the canapes - DH and I love deviled eggs, caviar etc. But somehow NCL managed to produce the most tasteless plate of canapes ever made. We're not big on cheese so we were looking forward to these and they were just really bland.

We had the anniversary package for our Sept 15 PoAm cruise - they delivered the canapes right before the Napali coast sail-by. We were hungry so the timing was great - but they were all so bad we didn't eat them. My DH loves deviled eggs but he said the filling was horrible.

On the plus side, our letter let us choose from any specialty restaurant, though we chose LeBostro anyway and it was great!

I've never brought our children (when they were kids) but if they are "children", I believe they can order from the kids menu at no charge.

Monte, is that correct?

Is that true-that would be very nice.T hey will be 15 and 9. Does that count as "children"?

Monte, is that correct?

I wanna say "yes" because I know it was when our kids we little, but that was a longggg time ago. They ate from the kids menu at no charge on the 2nd or 3rd day of our cruise but wanted "big" food so much we went back later in our cruise & did it again-that time they ate from the real menu. I know others have mentioned it is still that way, but I can't testify to it.

Archived