A question, please

mrs.tate

Isn't it true that Carnival owns several other cruise lines? My family and I would like to book our next (4th) cruise, but can't find an itinerary we like that sails from ports within what we consider driving distance (12-13 hours away). We live in NC, and have sailed from Canaveral twice and Tampa once. We'd consider Jacksonville, Charleston, Norfolk, and Mobile if we found the right itinerary. Just don't wanna do the Bahamas again, and looks like the Yucatan is going to be hammered by the hurricane. Can anyone tell me which cruise lines Carnival owns, so we can get past guest discounts with them (if it's possible) and still have the cruises count towards our 10 cruise VIP passenger goal?

Carnival has Vacation Interchange Privileges with Costa, Cunard, Holland America, Princess and Seabourn which entitles you to Past Guest savings. However, booking on any of these lines will not count towards your "10 cruises" needed for Platinum Status--all 10 cruises have to be on Carnival. I hope this helps.

Carnival owns Princess, Cunard, HAL, Costa , P & O, Seabourn. You get past guest privileges on the other lines but it doesn't count towards your total for the other cruise lines. So if you have 3 credits on Carnival and you take Princess cruise, you will get 1 on Princess but no additional on Carnival.

Carnival owns Princess, Cunard, HAL, Costa , P & O, Seabourn. You get past guest privileges on the other lines but it doesn't count towards your total for the other cruise lines. So if you have 3 credits on Carnival and you take Princess cruise, you will get 1 on Princess but no additional on Carnival.

As a past Princess traveler and a newbie to Carnival, what privileges would I get on Carnival?

Thanks for any info!

Nope, unfortunately none is correct. Carnival Corporation is owner of all of the cruise lines you see on the back of the Carnival brochure.

Also just a note, Half Moon Cay is owned by Carnival Corporation, not by Holland America any longer. That is why Carnival ships now call on this port. (which by the way is a tender port).

As a past Princess traveler and a newbie to Carnival, what privileges would I get on Carnival?

Thanks for any info!

You get the past guest discount, it is usually the guarantee rate and then they upgrade you. If you call and speak to someone, have your princess number available.

but you can't get a discount with the other companies if you've been on carnival.

Archived