Back to back cruise ???????

We booked a back to back Med cruise for next May while we were on board our last cruise (July 29th) Both weeks were at the published price.

It sounds like you may be referring to booking the 2nd week while you are on board a cruise. I am not familiar with RCCL offering anything special for a situation like this. It would be great if they would. It would be a great way to fill any empty cabins. Maybe some one else knows.

i don't know the answer but would be glad to ask sept 7 when we board the sov. - we are already staying on for the 10th leg but would like to know the answer to this as well for a possible next time scenario- good question...;)

i was told by a travel agent today that if you were on a cruise and went and asked about doing a back to back on the following cruise that you could have booked at 200.00. Is this true. Does anyone know how much it cost?

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you are saying that the second cruise would cost $200 - ummm... no.

On Explorer of the Seas, a couple of weeks after 9/11 our ship was only about 1/2 full. About 2 days into our cruise they sent flyers to every cabin and offered same accommodations we already had for $200 total if we wanted to stay on board.

On our B2B in Jan. there was a gentleman who was on his 4th week and planned to stay onboard the following week if there was availability. He was cruising week to week as long as he could. I have no idea how much he was paying but, people do it.

WOW, this IS interesting!!! But what would I do with my flight home? It'd cost $100 to change to a different day to stay onboard. But as noted, the ship would have to have availability...they all sail so close to full that getting Guest Relations to offer this option would b difficult. And I think we all agree we don't want another 9/11 scenario to occur to make this B2B booking option viable.

i was told by a travel agent today that if you were on a cruise and went and asked about doing a back to back on the following cruise that you could have booked at 200.00. Is this true. Does anyone know how much it cost?

On RCCL? It costs the same amount as 2 cruises so whatever the going rate is. Trust me, I know! I've paid for a few!:D There is no break at all. Each cruise is considered a separate cruise and you pay for each one. each cruise you get new seapasses, new pictures, ID is shown again as if its a completely new cruise. If you are thinking about doing one cruise and asking at the end if you could stay on and do another, 2 things you must know, one is you must be on the ships manifest a few days before for each cruise for security purposes and 2, most ships sail at full capacity so it would be highly unlikely there would be space for you to stay as there is a maximum amount of souls allowed onboard for each ship. Before 9/11 people used to be able to go to the port or call a TA and see if there were any cabins left that day and if there were they could get a good last minute deal and board but those days are gone with security now. B to B's are great and if you do one try to get the same cabin for each one as it's nice not to have to move your things to another cabin. :)

I think what firefly mentioned made sense....$200 deposit on your NEXT CRUISE. You would receive Onboard Booking Credit for your future cruise. It sounds like there might have been a miscommunication. :)

I think what firefly mentioned made sense....$200 deposit on your NEXT CRUISE. You would receive Onboard Booking Credit for your future cruise. It sounds like there might have been a miscommunication. :)

I was also thinking when he said "today" they told him maybe they were offering some cheapie B2Bs because of the hurricane and cancellations. lol

I did call on Rhapsody about if they had a cheaper rate to get on last sunday because of missed ports and all and RCI was allowing folks to cancel last minute.

On Explorer of the Seas, a couple of weeks after 9/11 our ship was only about 1/2 full. About 2 days into our cruise they sent flyers to every cabin and offered same accommodations we already had for $200 total if we wanted to stay on board.

On our B2B in Jan. there was a gentleman who was on his 4th week and planned to stay onboard the following week if there was availability. He was cruising week to week as long as he could. I have no idea how much he was paying but, people do it.

Hey, we were on that cruise, too! It sailed on 9/19/01, and they were offering the b2b for cheap.

To the OP: your TA is either mistaken, or you were misunderstanding the statement. No $200 deals for the next cruise, but you can book a future cruise while on a cruise, and only pay $100 per person deposit, with the average booking for two costing a $200 deposit.

You can often book another week on the ship for a greatly reduced price if you are cruising the previous week, it will just depend on how busy the following week is. I know people on our last cruise did this they paid around the $500 for the following week.

Yes the TA did say It would have only cost 200.00 PP for the following week. I was just curious as to if she was right, would have done this if we knew or even thought to ask. I think that you who have done this know best, thanks for your info. It would be awesome if this was true.

fyi - we were going on mariner on the next day- already on the manifest- i called to see if we could upgrade to a suite and how much would it be- was told it was the same rate posted on website a week earlier- i would bet if you chose to cruise in off season and wanted to stay on for the next week and that week was not selling well that you could get a deal on a cabin- like i said, i will ask on sept 7 to see what the la says-

another idea would be to watch for the prices on the sailing after your 1st one to see if there are any good deals ( watch pre cruise for cruise one for both weeks) would at least give you an idea of how well the sailings are selling :)

Archived