Jr. Suite vs Grand Suite

JF4300

Trying to decide if it is worth the upgrade from Jr. Suite to Grand Suite?

Sailing on the Voyager 9/24/04 2 adults and 2 kids. Does the Grand Suite have walk in closet?

What are the major differences? Bigger balcony?

Anybody that can weigh in on this from your experience we would greatly

appreciate hearing from you

Thank you

Have had both JS and GS on the Adventure of the Seas, which is a Voyager-class ship. The GS has MUCH MORE ROOM...closet is not walk-in, instead is long and narrow. The bathroom is probably 4X as large and the room is way larger. The balcony is also probably 3X as long, with a lounge chair and two or three chairs. If I were traveling with two kids I'd definitely opt for the larger space...also has DVD, large TV and bose speakers with the CD player!! Let us know what you decide!!

Have had both JS and GS on the Adventure of the Seas, which is a Voyager-class ship. The GS has MUCH MORE ROOM...closet is not walk-in, instead is long and narrow. The bathroom is probably 4X as large and the room is way larger. The balcony is also probably 3X as long, with a lounge chair and two or three chairs. If I were traveling with two kids I'd definitely opt for the larger space...also has DVD, large TV and bose speakers with the CD player!! Let us know what you decide!!

Eileen-

Hey there. Read your post and it got me curious. Going on the Voyager in October. We've cruised many times on Carnival and always bring our own CD player for the music. Does RCCL (Voyager in particular) have CD players in the rooms (JS & RFS)?

Thanks

The JS didn't, but the GS had a wonderful entertainment center. We are on the Serenade 9/12 and will let you know about that (we have a GS there, as well)...I would bet that the RFS does, too! I'll ask on board if it will help you!!! Normally the concierge (GS, RFS, OS & RS) has a supply of CD's for loan, as well! Where are you headed???

Have stayed in both. Agree with above post, everything is much larger.

Also, Grand Suite is much more luxurious. The money spent in the GS for

art, marble in the bathroom, the bar area, wine glasses, furniture, suround

sound and so on is muich more. There is a big difference. Even a door bell

LOL

Happy cruising,

Dave in Ky

We stayed GS on Voyager and JS on Enchantment. Unless they have changed the policy which I have not heard they did... The JS does not get the concierge services tha the GS receives... This was also a big factor in our decision on which one to pick. It was not an issue on Enchantment as they don't have a concierge lounge, but it was a big factor on Voyager.

Concierge was very nice. You have access to the lounge where they have continental breakfast, per-dinner appitizers and desserts, alcohol and soda, 24 hour coffee and cocoa. You also get priority embarkation and debarkation, VIP ice skating tickets (meaning you don't have to wait in line to get your ice skating tickets, the concierge just hands them to you and you can go to any of the shows you want to). The concierge can book your shore excursions (if you don't pre-book them), your dining reservations (if you want to go to the specialty restaurant), your spa treatments, etc. You also get priority tender tickets (if your sailing requires tendering in any port). You can also get DVD's for your room from the concierge. It was just top notch service.

And then the things that have already been pointed out, the room is much larger than a JS, the bathroom is awesome and the balconies are really nice.

The only problem with the GS that we have found is that we want it all the time now and it is not always in our budget :)

Oh and as Daveky pointed out we LOVED the doorbell... it's the little things that amuse you

Archived