Barcelona Question

Has anyone here purchased tickets in advance to Gaudi's Casa Batllo? ( I hope I am spelling it correctly) They have a web site that says you can do so but I can't get anywhere thru them.

Has anyone ever toured this house ? Where do you buy tickets? Could you buy them a head of time? Did you experience long lines to either buy tickets or get in ? How long should we allow for the tour? I would like to take the 3 tour combo. I was hoping to go on a Saturday in October, after lunch sometime. We have a walking tour reserved in the morning.

So much to see and so little time. MG :)

We visited Casa Bastllo before our Med cruise in May 2006 . There's no need to purchase tickets in advance. We bought our tickets at the entrance and in fact there's no line-up at all. But it is on a weekday - it may be more busy on weekends. We rented an audio guide and the tour lasted about 1.5 hours - it all depends on your pace. It is definitely worth it.

Snowowl

Has anyone here purchased tickets in advance to Gaudi's Casa Batllo? ( I hope I am spelling it correctly) They have a web site that says you can do so but I can't get anywhere thru them.

Has anyone ever toured this house ? Where do you buy tickets? Could you buy them a head of time? Did you experience long lines to either buy tickets or get in ? How long should we allow for the tour? I would like to take the 3 tour combo. I was hoping to go on a Saturday in October, after lunch sometime. We have a walking tour reserved in the morning.

So much to see and so little time. MG :)

October is off season, so there won't be long lines at the attractions. I was there last November and the longest line I waited in was at Casa Mila. It took 15 minutes to buy my ticket and go inside.

You buy tickets at Casa Batllo. You can't miss the ticket office, it's right out front (same with Casa Mila). I spent about 1.5 hours at each house, but I like to take alot of pictures. The admission price isn't cheap, but totally worth it and you get an audio guide (it's included in the admission price). Don't forget to check out the roofs!

Here's one of my best pictures that I took on the top of Casa Mila shortly after sunset.

http://www.pickle.com/stbk1998/102/388706

Archived