Did you ever try to change cabin - Guarantee

pasc

I booked a cruise on a Serenade on dec 8th. I paid for a guarantee balcony and they gave me the 7036 just over the theater.

Can i ask for a changement even if it's a guarantee cabin ?

Thank you

Yes you can certainly ask. One of 3 things will probably happen:

1) they will let you move to any other cabin in the category they now assigned you to. or

2) They will put you back as a guarantee booking and not assign a cabin right now or,

3) they will tell you no, this is the cabin you get.

If you don't get the answer you want and assuming you booked directly with RCCL, thank them, hang up and call back and speak to a different person! :D

I had a friend who booked a guarantee on our Freedom cruise. She was booked a room on deck 2. We were in a corner aft on deck 7, and she wanted to be close to us. So she called and asked, and they put her in a room right across the hall from us. So yes, they will move you. As the other poster said, if the first person says no, then call back and ask someone else. Eventually you will get someone who will do it for you.

I called and they accept to change for a cabin in the same category WOW... i have a mid ship cabin on deck 8.

Now my question is... am i sure to get this cabin or if they can change it untill my final payment ?

Thanks

I called and they accept to change for a cabin in the same category WOW... i have a mid ship cabin on deck 8.

Now my question is... am i sure to get this cabin or if they can change it untill my final payment ?

Thanks

Once they move you to a cabin that is indeed your cabin. In the past where I booked a guarantee I had no issue asking for and receiving a switch in cabin.

Thanks

Congrats!! Have a great cruise.

Have changed many times with both celebrity and RCCL. Once you have been assigned a cabin number and category, you can move within that category as long as there are still other cabins available to change to

I booked a cruise on a Serenade on dec 8th. I paid for a guarantee balcony and they gave me the 7036 just over the theater.

Can i ask for a changement even if it's a guarantee cabin ?

Thank you

Please advise how you learned of your guaranteed cabin number. My daughter has booked one on our cruise in December and I thought you could only learned the cabin number after final payment. Please educate me on how to determine guaranteed cabin number. Many thanks.

Please advise how you learned of your guaranteed cabin number. My daughter has booked one on our cruise in December and I thought you could only learned the cabin number after final payment. Please educate me on how to determine guaranteed cabin number. Many thanks.

Have your daughter go to the My Cruises section of the website and look herself up. That is how we found our what our Guarantee assignment was. We had made final payment, though, so I don't know whether that factors into getting the assignment or not. Hope this helps; it may not. :o

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

As far as I know, there's no method in which RCCL assigns a room to a guarantee booking. On my last cruise where I went with a group of friends, booking a total of 3 different cabins (all inside GTY), we were all assigned room numbers on different dates (and ended up in different categories & levels). But all were before final payment.

To find out whether you've been assigned one, just periodically check online via RCCL's website on your reservation and it will state either your room number or "GTY" - which means a room hasn't been assigned yet. As others have mentioned, if you have a room number that you aren't happy with in terms of location, you can call RCCL and ask to switch rooms as long as it is in the same category.

As suggested by someone on these boards, I had my TA add a notation of "do not move" to our room assignments (GTY), b/c we had 7 cabins all in the same area & didn't want someone to switch any of them. Don't know if it made a difference or not, but we did end up with the assigned GTYs. I figured there was no harm in adding the note.

Archived