Camp Carnival appreciation (tip)

In2why

For those of you that travel with children do you give the counselors a little extra? And if so how much? I read that they are salary rather than tip based, but out of everyone on the cruise they will make or break whether my son has a good time or not.

For those of you that travel with children do you give the counselors a little extra? And if so how much? I read that they are salary rather than tip based, but out of everyone on the cruise they will make or break whether my son has a good time or not.

I do believe that they are salaried.

Regardless, if you feel that one or more made that extra special effort, then they have earned a gratuity. And if the Maitre d' in his executive position can expect a tip, then the Camp Carnival staff are certainly more deserving.

Also note that you and your son will be more of a factor in whether he has a good time or not.

I do believe that they are salaried.

Regardless, if you feel that one or more made that extra special effort, then they have earned a gratuity. And if the Maitre d' in his executive position can expect a tip, then the Camp Carnival staff are certainly more deserving.

Also note that you and your son will be more of a factor in whether he has a good time or not.

Absolutely. I meant out of the crew on board who would be the most helpful with our son. Heck when I booked I didn't even know that Camp Carnival had activites that didn't include parents other than the childcare at 10pm. So we aren't the type to park him there forgetting we are parents. I also am bringing my Mom on the cruise since she offered to watch him while we were gone and I thought it would be more fun for all of us to go....but with our little boy in her cabin:p

We just got back from the Ecstasy 5 day (8/20 sailing). At the Camp Carnival Farewell Party on Friday night, I gave $20 to each of my grandsons and had them give them to the young lady who was checking in everyone at the door. She was very appreciative, and said she would make sure that all the counselors got a share.

BTW, the boys were in two different age groups (2-5, and 6-8) and only went to Camp for about 1-1/2 hours each morning and afternoon. They really loved it!

Archived