Ketchikan Kayaking

Albuquerque....

Hello All!

My husband and I have our first cruise ever scheduled for 9/15 on NCL. We have booked the kayaking excursion in Ketchikan. I was wondering if anyone had advice as to what to wear during this excursion, other than the obvious water proof jacket. I know we go to Eagle Island, but I'm not sure what that entails. I'm wondering if it's going to be a bit cold during excursion. I live in Texas, so right now 50 degrees would be cold to me :o . I just don't want to be cold during, but I also do not want to be worried about holding a lot of layers.

Thanks!

4 of the 7 family memebers went kayaking (fishing/kayaking) on ketchikan.

i was NOT one of them!! the day they went (sept 22nd, last year) it was rain, not that cold...temps in high 40s to mid 50s. they just went around some islands, not too far out. they enjoyed it, but didn't catch anything..other then a rock fish and something they never found out what it was.

DSCN0163.jpg.6e7caf55eea234b05a9da092e86dddd2.jpg

DSCN0175.jpg.d3fce3d6e5c4d3cb0a1aea5c2b4cd02c.jpg

Just returned from sailing the NCL Pearl. We actually did the very tour you're talking about... Eagle Island Kayak. It was excellent! They'll tell you - and I'll agree - dress for the weather. When we went it was cool but not cold, and rainy. The rain turned into a mist which wasn't bad at all. Layering is the way to go. All I needed was a long sleeve light sweatshirt and a hooded windbreaker. You work at kayaking so that helps keep you warm. They outfit you with a lifejacket and bib of some sort that hooks around the kayak so only your upper body is exposed. The guides were great. We saw plenty of Bald Eagle's and some seals. You're gonna love it!

Archived