carnival conquest

Mrs yak yak

My hubby and I have decided to take my inlaws on the conquest for Christmas. However he is disabled and she is obese. Can you tell me if they will be restricted from anything. I dont want to have them feeling uncomfortable in any situation. I love them and want to avoid any embarrassment. Thank You

On the ship itself, no major problems. Depending on the severity of the disability, might be difficulty with the tenders in Jamaica [and potentially in Coz, should they use them]. Contact the Special Needs Department for specifics

I was obese on several cruises (no longer:D ). I never had a problem doing anything that I wanted to do. Most obese people know their own limits. I did not ever try to go horseback riding or on the zip lines. Don't worry...She will be fine!!!

I agree that the tenders in Grand Cayman might pose a problem for both if the water happens to be rough that day. You didn't mention the specific disability but would booking a handicapped room help in any way? The only other thing that you might consider is that the life jacket left in the room might not fit comfortably but the steward should be able to provide a proper fitting one.

Howdy!

My hubby and I will both be on the same COnquest Christmas cruise. We are fat and don't let that stop us from fun. Tell them to come take a "chunky dunk" in the aft pool with us! ;) Did you check out the roll call for this date? Lots of active discussion. Lots of people who aren't skinny too!

Alexis in Texas

We were on the Conquest in July. There should be no problems getting around the ship. We docked in Cozumel but the pier was quiet long. I do not know how walking is for them, you can take your time walking off the pier but it may seem long to them. Jamaica will be no problem. Like the other posters said, getting on and off the tender boats can be a chore. You can wait until the mass of people are off before you try to get off. This way you will not have to stand in line waiting for the tender and you will not have people waiting behind you. They may fell more comfortable that way. Also try not to wait until the last minute to get back on the tender back to the ship. In Feb we were on the Inspiration and stood in line for over an hour in the sun waiting to get back on the tender. Was not that bad in July-not as many ships in port that day-but to be safe I would try to get there early. Sounds like a great trip-hope ya'll have a wonderful time!

Archived