Best cruise ever

pasc

We sailed on the Brilliance of the Seas for my 50th birthday. 11 days-partial transit of the Panama Canal. Ports we had never been to- Aruba, Curaco, Costa Rica and the PC. I think there were 4 sea days and it was our most memorable, relaxing cruise. Crew and Ship were awesome!

Bev

We've loved most all of our cruises, which is why we keep going!

Our best cruise ever still has to be on the old American Hawaiian Independence, not anywhere as beautiful a ship as they build today, but the itinerary and crew really made it so special for us.

The most beautiful ship? That's a toss up between Disney Magic and QM2 for us. We've only been on older RCI ships, although we did sail the pre-inaugural on Liberty. Liberty was very nice, too big for us ;) .

One day soon we hope to sail on a Radiance class ship, from what I've read, it sounds like a good fit for us. We were set to book Brilliance for our Med cruise next year, but instead chose Legend purely for the itinerary.

Hands down our best cruise was Alaska. The scenery is amazing. How do you compete with glaciers falling into the ocean. the excursions are fantastic. Whales popping out of the water in front of you, flying to fjords to see bears feasting on salmon, eagles soaring. Just fantastic.

Best ship, hmn. AOS with Celebrity Century as a distant 2nd.

My initial response would be "whatever cruise I happen to be on," but actually our 10-night Brilliance cruise, doing the partial transit of the Panama Canal was absolutely phenomenal. Having 5 sea days was so relaxing, having interesting ports of call (even though some were repeats for us), and observing the Canal itself was fantastic. The ship is great, the crew was great, everything about it was really outstanding. At the end of the cruise I asked my DH if we could just stay on and do it all over again. I really was not ready to get off. Happy cruising, wherever you decide to go!

Karen

I've only been on 2 cruises, with our 3rd coming in a few months.

As far as the best cruise? HAWAII! Hear me out for a minute:

NCLA has a few ships that do 7 day Hawaiian cruises. They start and finish in Honolulu. There are nicer SHIPS out there, but the itinerary for the 7 day cruise was paradise!

I cannot recommend Hawaii enough! (Do not do the ones that cruise from the west coast.. way too much sea time).

Of the 8 cruises we have taken, the best cruise and favorite ship was 12 night Greek Isles--Venice to Rome on the Emerald Princess. Close second for best cruise was 11 night British Isles cruise on the Splendor of the Seas.

If you haven't cruised the Inside Passage to Alaska, that is my recommendation. Radiance has a 14 day repositioning cruise this year in September and probably again next year. Leaving Vancouver, to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Sitka, Icy Strait, Astoria (Oregon), Seattle, San Francisco and disembarking in Los Angeles. Alaska is breathtakingly beautiful, crisp and cool. August would be okay, too, if you want to do a 7 day R/T to Vancouver.

!

I really enjoyed our first Alaska cruise which was a one way one on the Sea Princess. It went into Glacier Bay which sadly RC doesn't do. Do the one way cruise either to or from Anchorage or do a 13 or 14 nights repositioning cruise like the one above which we are doing on the Radiance in two weeks. Serenade does a similar 13 nighter later in Sept.

An equally enjoyable cruise was our full transit of the Panama Canal. Not only do you experience this marvelous transit but get to visit very interesting and out of the norm ports in Central America.

The Radiance class ships are the ones I find the most beautiful having been on Serenade last Feb. on it's also very interesting itinerary from San Juan to Barbados. Being on this ship convinced me to book our Radiance Ultimate Alaska cruise.

Hands down our best cruise was Alaska. The scenery is amazing. How do you compete with glaciers falling into the ocean. the excursions are fantastic. Whales popping out of the water in front of you, flying to fjords to see bears feasting on salmon, eagles soaring. Just fantastic.

Best ship, hmn. AOS with Celebrity Century as a distant 2nd.

I would have to totally agree with this!

Brilliance of the Seas Panama Canal, last April. Didn't know if I could handle 10 days, but it was wonderful. I could literally do the exact same trip over again and be just as awed and entertained.

Dolby1000

Archived