Massages on Beach?

I too am trying to get excited about the port change but still have not seen anyone address this question. I was really looking forward to a $20 massage out on the beach under the palm trees. I didn't do this on my first visit to Costa Maya and regretted it. Does Progresso offer anything similar? Surely someone on this thread has had a massage in Progresso!;)

Yes, you can get a massage right on the beach in Progresso. The girls with the cream umbrellas use clean towels and lovely scented oils and they do a WONDERFUL job. You can find them about a block down the beach. We were there March of '07. You can be sure I'll be looking them up again in March of '08. These girls get booked up, so be sure and get your time reserved when you get to the beach. They give discounts for multiple people. Hope this helps !!!!

Yes, you can get a massage right on the beach in Progresso. The girls with the cream umbrellas use clean towels and lovely scented oils and they do a WONDERFUL job. You can find them about a block down the beach. We were there March of '07. You can be sure I'll be looking them up again in March of '08. These girls get booked up, so be sure and get your time reserved when you get to the beach. They give discounts for multiple people. Hope this helps !!!!

That is great to hear ! My one co worker that is going with me , was also looking forward to the massages on the beach in Costa Maya ...

so maybe this will brighten up her outlook too :)

• 2 weeks later...

We booked the girls with the cream unbrellas in Jan 07 and it was AMAZING! If you choose to open your eyes you can watch the palm frond shadows dance on the unbrella. Your ears are full of the waves and laughing of children and these fellows that walk the beach selling these whistles that sound just like a tropical birds. Which I thought would be annoying but just added to the massage. Then you're smelling the ocean and the great massage oils they use... heck get someone to hold a cold beer up to your mouth and you've got all the senses covered!

It was my favorite afternoon of our cruise last year~

DO NOT however use the other gals.. they recycle thier towels and didn't seem to really know what they were doing. (with three family members getting one hour work overs we sat close by for a long time!)

We were there a two weeks ago, and if you hang out on beach for better part of day and wait until most have vacated the beach, but there is still plenty of time left, the rates drop 50% and you still get a great massage.

Just don't get too relaxed and miss the bus. LOL

They started at $30 for an hour and were down to $15 later in day. Of course you have to let them know how much you will pay and be willing to walk it they don't except your offer. They will find you later and you can then compromise. Don't forget to tip if you really enjoy it, these people have nothing compared to us. Enjoy yourself, you will never beat these prices back home.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm leaving on the 20th and I would like to know the location of the best beach massages also! If I don't find out before I go but I find out while I'm there I'll post after the cruise so others can share in the experience!

• 4 weeks later...
I'm leaving on the 20th and I would like to know the location of the best beach massages also! If I don't find out before I go but I find out while I'm there I'll post after the cruise so others can share in the experience!

If you are still reading postings I am wondering if you had the massage....and if so, was it the "cream umbrella" location? We are heading there in a few weeks......can't wait for that beach massage. :)

If you are still reading postings I am wondering if you had the massage....and if so, was it the "cream umbrella" location? We are heading there in a few weeks......can't wait for that beach massage. :)

Please someone let us know. I did see where some directions were given but was it for the same people? I only say becuase it said 40 minute massage and it was posted earlier in the thread that it was $30 for an hour. I really would love to do this as well. We are going to book the Dune Buggy Excursion and I would love to do this as well.

I was in Progreso on November 14, and I got a massage right there on the beach. It was under the cream umbrellas and the lady was awesome! I paid 30 dollars for 45 minutes. I tipped her an extra 10, because it was so nice! This iwas well worth my time and my money...hubby walked a few feet away to the Corona Beach Club and had a few beers while I had my heavenly massage!

• 2 weeks later...
I was in Progreso on November 14, and I got a massage right there on the beach. It was under the cream umbrellas and the lady was awesome! I paid 30 dollars for 45 minutes. I tipped her an extra 10, because it was so nice! This iwas well worth my time and my money...hubby walked a few feet away to the Corona Beach Club and had a few beers while I had my heavenly massage!

OK do you know if this is the same place you go for the Dune Buggy Beach Break? Barbara, her DH, me and my DH are doing that. BUT as you see both of us want to work this in to this trip.

• 1 month later...

Wondering if anyone that already cruised will give a little more info on finding the massage girls! Is there a name for this beach, and is it a public beach, or do you have to pay to use it?

Thanks!

I haven't had a massage in Progreso, but I've seen the massage tables set up on the beach and I've heard great things! Take the free shuttle from the boat to the Casa de Cultura, walk 2 blocks north to the sea, and just walk along the malecon (boardwalk) until you find the massage you're looking for.

We just got back and had a massage on the beach!! It was wonderful. We did not see the cream umbrellas but found cream and green ones. There were five of us and we each had a 30 minute massage for $15. Plus tip of course!

Archived