Best Cruise ever

pasc

The Constellation is by far our favorite Celebrity ship. We sailed her in 2003 (she was only 10 months old) on a Norweign Fjords and British Isles cruise. The itinerary was terrific and one we would like to repeat. We sailed the Constellation again on June 30 thru July 14th of this year on a Baltics cruise. I think of our three European cruises, the Baltics itinerary was my least favorite. Keep in mind that the weather on this cruise was pretty miserable ....lots of rain and not much sun for the vast majority of the cruise. Obviously, this impacted my overall impression of the Baltics. However, the Constellation looked as pristine and beautiful as when we sailed her in 2003. I am very particular and I saw no signs of wear and tear at all. The crew, the service, the food was all first rate. I LOVE the Constellation!!!

I do think, however, that our favorite itinerary was on the Millennium in June of 2006. We did a Med. sailing from Barcelona to Venice. It was breathtaking and the weather was perfect. I think late May or early June is the best time for the Med. The weather is not too hot and the crowds are not overwhelming at that time.

The Constellation is by far our favorite Celebrity ship. We sailed her in 2003 (she was only 10 months old) on a Norweign Fjords and British Isles cruise. The itinerary was terrific and one we would like to repeat. We sailed the Constellation again on June 30 thru July 14th of this year on a Baltics cruise. I think of our three European cruises, the Baltics itinerary was my least favorite. Keep in mind that the weather on this cruise was pretty miserable ....lots of rain and not much sun for the vast majority of the cruise. Obviously, this impacted my overall impression of the Baltics. However, the Constellation looked as pristine and beautiful as when we sailed her in 2003. I am very particular and I saw no signs of wear and tear at all. The crew, the service, the food was all first rate. I LOVE the Constellation!!!

I do think, however, that our favorite itinerary was on the Millennium in June of 2006. We did a Med. sailing from Barcelona to Venice. It was breathtaking and the weather was perfect. I think late May or early June is the best time for the Med. The weather is not too hot and the crowds are not overwhelming at that time. The ports were "out of this world spectacular". I will say, however, the Millennium was our least favorite Celebrity ship. We have sailed the Constellation, the Century, and the Infinity. For whatever reason, the ship did not seem nearly as well maintained as the rest of the fleet, and the service was lacking.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a fabulous cruise!!!

Nancy

Hello,

My DW and I have been on 19 cruises and the 20th is coming up in April of 2008. I have enjoyed all of our cruises, but four cruises really stand out...a cruise to Western Europe and the British Isles on the original Royal Princess, from Sydney Australia to Tahiti on the original Island Princess, our first Panama Canal cruise on the original Island Princess (this was our first cruise), and a transatlantic on the Splendour of the Seas.

If you are asking me to recommend a special cruise, a cruise of western Europe and the British Isles should be considered as there is much to see and do in this part of the cruise world.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

We did our honeymoon on the Summit, the Ultimate Caribbean. We got one of the extra large balconies and just relaxed. We didn't want a port intensive itinerary like the Med or Alaska.

It was our favourite cruise!

We've had many cruises that were our "favorites" for different reasons.

The most beautiful ship we've been on was the Island Princess. We thought the decor and layout of this ship was much nicer than Celebrity.

On the other hand, we've enjoyed our Celebrity sailings much more than Princess overall. The service and attitude of the on-board staff is great and we've always had a fantastic time.

Looking back I'd say the cruises that stand out were those where we've met a lot of people on board, usually through the Roll Calls here, and especially those cruises where we've not only met new cruise friends through the Roll Calls but also sailed with cruise friends we'd met on prior cruises. Stand outs include our Summit 14 day cruise to Hawaii - a nice long cruise with lots of both sea and port days; the 10 day Ultimate Caribbean cruises which do the eastern/southern Caribbean (done on both Summit and Connie); and an 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on the Galaxy.

I've picked the cruises above as I love the beaches, snorkeling, and catamaran type excursions. Alaska was great too for the scenery, but I prefer the warm weather cruises. And as far as Europe and the Mediterranean goes....well ask me next month!

We took the Summit to Alaska for our 1st cruise. It was the most beautiful cruise ever. We had wonderful weather and took the land cruise following the cruise. If I had the opportunity I would go again and do the land part first and the cruising second. We had more active tours with the land portion and were really tired on arrival home. The Med cruise was very intensive and historical. Loved that part of it, but the heat in July was way too much.

My favorite, no question, was our 2003 Mediterranean cruise on the Millennium...13 nights Venice to Barcelona...

AND, I think it's PERFECT for a romantic Anniversary cruise (that one was for our 22nd Anniversary...Last year, we returned to the Med for our 25th Anniversary with an Oceania Nautica 14 night Istanbul to Venice cruise--very nice as well, but we prefer Celebrity--love the M-Class ships)...

Anyway, those two cruises were a little more special for us since we had visited the same region for our Honeymoon on a "land trip" (which included stops in Rome, Florence, Venice, Athens and Corfu, among others)...

Simply put, there may not be a more romantic city in the World than Venice...and to be able to spend a few extra nights there at either the start or end of your cruise makes it even more special...

The other ports you visit on this cruise are incredibly romantic as well...

That's my recommendation...hands down...

Favourite cruise: Mediterranean on Millennium in September/05 - excellent itinerary and one that we enjoyed doing most of the ports on our own.

Second: Galapagos on Xpedition in November/06 - a once in a lifetime destination for us and we were in awe of the scenery, wildlife and the amazing job that Celebrity does with this trip.

First place would be a tie between Celebrity Xpedition and a 14 night Paul Gauguin (Tahiti, Cook Islands, Australs, Tuamotus). The seven night on Paul Gauguin is awesome also.

Third place would be the 11 night Eastern Med on Galaxy.

From there on out it's all a blur. :D

We've had many cruises that were our "favorites" for different reasons.

The most beautiful ship we've been on was the Island Princess. We thought the decor and layout of this ship was much nicer than Celebrity.

!

I am really excited to hear that. I am looking at the Island Princess (over a year away) because of the ten day itinerarary through the Panama Canal which looks like it may be a full transit...I have never been on Princess and not excited about the ship until I read your post.

Favourite cruise: Mediterranean on Millennium in September/05 - excellent itinerary and one that we enjoyed doing most of the ports on our own.

Second: Galapagos on Xpedition in November/06 - a once in a lifetime destination for us and we were in awe of the scenery, wildlife and the amazing job that Celebrity does with this trip.

Susan, I remember you. Thanks for the tips/info on the Vatican. We passed a two hour line and had a good tour before boarding the Westerdam - We loved the ship. Our favorite destination was the Galapagos (on the Santa Cruise) as we have reptile pets (Iguana, Tortoises, Tegu, etc.). We have thought of going back on Celebrity, but so many places to go.

I'm with Susan-M and Bruin Steve on this one. Although we've loved all of our cruises and the Xpedition was amazing, I'd vote for the Med. for an anniversary cruise and plan to either board or end in Venice and stay a few days....hmmm, may just have to think about the Istanbul to Venice cruise on Oceania...decisions, decisions.

Celebrity Infinity 15 nights Panama Canal Cruise.We have not cruised Europe yet but if you are looking for something close to home we sailed from Miami Florida to San Francisco California and it was our best vacation ever!Aruba,Panama,Costa Rica,3 great ports in Mexico and no plane ride home!It all depends on what you want and can afford.We'd love to cruise Northern Europe but we haven't won the lottery YET.

Archived