Planning a cruise NEXT OCT~ What week is Best??? Is Halloween CRAZY????

momofmn00

I am planning a cruise for next October. Not sure what week yet, but probably leaning toward either Oct 18 (since my 30th b-day is the 22nd!!) or Oct 26. BUT... I would like to ask fellow cruiser who have cruised during October their opinions...:confused:

Is the week of Halloween too CRAZY??? My Dh & I are NOT really big partiers, a little bit on the quiet/reserved side (not really after you get to know us, :cool:) We don't usually dance much, but occasionally we do...If we'd had a few drinks :rolleyes: We don't mind dressing up although it probably won't be too risque...

We will ALSO be bringing our TWO KIDS (who will be 7&8) so of course, I would love to hear from those about how the "Trick or Treating" is...

Thanks to all!!!!!:) :D :o

Carnival is starting to do a big Halloween celebration (I think it's new this year!). I'm sure you could find info about it on their website, or if you googled it. We sailed on Sensation over Halloween, and I was actually a bit disappointed in their lack of "celebration", but it seems like that's going to change.

Be careful if you are cruising with kids over Halloween. The Valor last year was dominated by groups of singles - I would check on singles sailings before booking over that week. We are going on HAL this year in order to avoid this.

Carnival is starting to do a big Halloween celebration (I think it's new this year!). I'm sure you could find info about it on their website, or if you googled it. We sailed on Sensation over Halloween, and I was actually a bit disappointed in their lack of "celebration", but it seems like that's going to change.

It started last year... although that is just the month long celebrating... they have always done a celebration on Halloween.

We cruise every October, sometimes over Halloween... Halloween isn't crazy.. they have a costume party and things for the kids, contests, etc. They have started doing this for much of October so you don't HAVE to cruise on Halloween to celebrate it. We've always had a great time cruising in October... there are fewer kids, which is why we cruise... but there should be enough for your kids to meet some friends.

Yeah, I didn't expect there to be an exuberant number of kids since schoool is in session, but I know some schools have fall break sometime and some parents may crusie no matter what....(like us of course) :cool: I just don't want my two to be the only ones!!!! LOL!!! Then they'll never want to go to camp and I'll never get any adult free time!!!:eek:

Humm...I am just worried about booking it this far in advance (13 months) and then finding out later (month or two before that there is a group 'charter' per-say of the whole cruise except us..... :eek:

Yeah, I didn't expect there to be an exuberant number of kids since schoool is in session, but I know some schools have fall break sometime and some parents may crusie no matter what....(like us of course) :cool: I just don't want my two to be the only ones!!!! LOL!!! Then they'll never want to go to camp and I'll never get any adult free time!!!:eek:

Humm...I am just worried about booking it this far in advance (13 months) and then finding out later (month or two before that there is a group 'charter' per-say of the whole cruise except us..... :eek:

There would never be a group charter like that, LOL. Maybe 600-700 :p LOL! I know that when we were on the Valor during Halloween, there were 700 Panamanians that were the rudest bunch of people I've ever run across (not all, but MANY) So keep an eye out, they are out there and cruise annually.

You could always join us on S&S 4 next year :D I know there are kids coming along on that one... it's a B2B, but you could just do one or both, check out my link. It's on the Destiny... good times :D

Both of our cruises thus far have been in Oct. The first one was during Halloween. Our whole family did some sort of costume. We did not do store bought ones that were complicated or anything. It was funny to see what people came up with at the last minute. Many did not come prepared but were very creative with what they did bring. A few guys wearing girl clothes, girls wearing men's suits or such, etc. There were photo areas set up with things like a graveyard scene, cobwebs hanging on stuff, etc. They had costume contests for both adults and one for kids. Also a party for both groups. The kids had a trick or treat scavenger hunt where at each stop they would receive a clue to the next area along with their treat. If we do another cruise in Oct I plan on bringing a bag or 2 of candy and pass out to the kids I see running around that night. Of course the kids also accept cash as a treat. LOL There were not tons of children....maybe 50 at the most (just a guess, didn't take time to count then). Like with any cruise keep an eye out for large groups that may be more fun loving than your family can handle. Remember you have until final payment to cancel and book something else without being penalized.

Enjoy your cruise!

Last year we sailed on the Triumph and had no problems. I love this time because there are fewer kids (personal preference). We will be sailing this Halloween on the Legend. I am not big on the holiday so I don’t dress up but last year they had a costume contest, in my Roll call this year there are several people talking of dressing up.

Archived