Explorer of the Seas - October Weather / Seas

Hi,

I am hoping that some past passengers of the cruise can help me out...

I have never cruised with RCL before.....Previous cruises have been with Princess, NCLA & Carnival.... This port is located pretty close to my house, so I thought it would be ideal, but I do have a few questions:

(1) What are the seas and weather like at the end of October? What are the sea days like?

(2) How are the inside cabins -- I have always had either a balcony or Ocean view, but trying to save some $$$

(3) does $549 for an inside guarantee seem like a good deal, or can anyone see that going lower.....

Last year I got married, and we are saving for the house, but thought it could be nice to go away if we could get a good deal....Just want to make sure the seas will not be too rough....I did cruise in Hawaii, and have cruised in Nov out of Florida before.,....That was right after a storm, so the seas were a bit rough when we left and returned to Florida, but not too bad..

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

there is really no way to tell how the seas will be since a lot will be determined by what the weather is like. And as you know Oct can be beautiful or it can be nasty. My kids ( 19 and 21) just had an inside and they loved it because it was so dark they slept like babies. It might be cool for the first day or so but once you get south it should warm up nicely.

We left out of NJ last year on the Explorer the end of October. The first day was quite cool, but by the second day the weather was ideal. The seas were calm, but like the previous poster says, you never know. If you are planning on going to Bermuda, it is beautiful that time of year. We do an inside cabin quite often, because we can cruise more often. We don't mind it at all. We do like PR cabins, but we did the regular inside last year for around $400.00 (that was with a senior discount). If I were you, I would give it a shot....at least you will be on a cruise.:cool:

You can't predict what the seas will be like--it changes daily--just because it was nice last year doesn't mean it will be nice the same week this year! Or it could! You never know!

The inside cabins are quite small--if that doesn't bother you, then it's a good way to save some dough!

We Will Be Sailing On The Explorer Out Of Bayonne On Nov 4,2007 To Bermuda And Boston.we Are Hopeing For That Early Fall Weather.

We Always Take An Inside Cabin And Enjoy It.this Trip We Are Taking Our Grandchildren[2] And Dont Foresee Any Problems.the Room May Be Small But For Some Reason We Sleep Good.maybe Because Of No Light.

We Will Be Sailing On The Explorer Out Of Bayonne On Nov 4,2007 To Bermuda And Boston.we Are Hopeing For That Early Fall Weather.

We Always Take An Inside Cabin And Enjoy It.this Trip We Are Taking Our Grandchildren[2] And Dont Foresee Any Problems.the Room May Be Small But For Some Reason We Sleep Good.maybe Because Of No Light.

We'll be getting off the ship that day. I love inside cabins! I never sleep better than when I am in one. :D Have a great trip! :)

Thanks for the advice....I saw an even better price drop today, so I booked the cruise....Hopfully, we will have calm seas, and great weather....I am doing the opposite of what most do.....Started with the window, upgraded to the Balcony, now going inside...Being inside is better then not being on the cruise at all

Archived