Carnival "Cruiser's"

In2why

I can remember being nervous & excited about my first cruise. I didn't know what to expect & I don't think this forum existed, which may have been a good thing!!

I think a cruise is what you make of it. I can't tell you of a single negative experience on either of my cruises. We had a great time, which is why we'll be leaving next Saturday on our third cruise.

Don't let the negative stories scare you away from cruising. It's really no different than your favorite restaurant, someone has had a bad experience there & will tell the whole world about it, while you think it's a great place & recommend it to your friends. There's always going to be someone who has a bad time, because they allow themselves to have a bad time & pick things apart, rather than enjoying themselves. You know, the kinda person that goes to the beach then complains that it's hot & sandy.

Heck - I'm definately not worried about the party people or even a few drunks. I'm not worried about bad manners or rude people. Those things can be avoided. The ONLY thing that I'm worried about is if I'd be unlucky enough to be on the ship with a "group" that literally takes over the ship and wreaks havoc and creates fights and brawls, like the one woman and her family encountered a week or two ago. I know that's very unlikely, but yes, it does happen. THAT'S what I read and am trying not to think about before my long awaited cruise:) I had a similar (though not nearly as bad) experience many years ago, and it did ruin my vacation. Very scarey. Things do happen - ya never know. I'm sure all will be fine - but when you read terrible things that happen to people, you do wonder if it might also happen to you. But I am still excited about my first cruise:D

We have our tenth Carnival coming up and have done at least a couple on each of the other major carriers. We love to cruise, they feed you well, they make your bed, they clean your bathroom and to top it they leave you funny animals and chocolate before you go to bed. I sleep so well on the ship my DH keeps promising to have a rocking machine hooked to our bed at home. You will run into rude people but you do that at Walmart at home. Just ignore them and have yourself a good time. A cruise is what you make of it, and that can be a wonderful experience!

Heck - I'm definately not worried about the party people or even a few drunks. I'm not worried about bad manners or rude people. Those things can be avoided. The ONLY thing that I'm worried about is if I'd be unlucky enough to be on the ship with a "group" that literally takes over the ship and wreaks havoc and creates fights and brawls, like the one woman and her family encountered a week or two ago. I know that's very unlikely, but yes, it does happen. THAT'S what I read and am trying not to think about before my long awaited cruise:) I had a similar (though not nearly as bad) experience many years ago, and it did ruin my vacation. Very scarey. Things do happen - ya never know. I'm sure all will be fine - but when you read terrible things that happen to people, you do wonder if it might also happen to you. But I am still excited about my first cruise:D

That is why the "Google before you book" is so important. It is not 100%, but it will help eliminate the "group factor".

Thankfully there are only a few of those kinds of cruises a year and they are spread around Carnival, RCCL, NCL and Costa, etc....so each cruiseline usually only gets a few a year. Not bad odds, unless it is on your cruise.

I've come to realize that some people expect some sort of Absolute Heavenly Perfection,

when they go cruising.

I have to say, despite the small problems and annoyances inevitable on every cruise, cruising is THE closest thing to "Absolute Heavenly Perfection" I've ever experienced. And I look forward to some more absolute heavenly perfection in 7 days (no matter what our itinerary ends up being, who our waiters are, how melted the warm chocolate melting cake ends up being, whether our sheets are changed during our stay, and even if our table mates show up to dinner in jeans).

I have to say, despite the small problems and annoyances inevitable on every cruise, cruising is THE closest thing to "Absolute Heavenly Perfection" I've ever experienced. And I look forward to some more absolute heavenly perfection in 7 days (no matter what our itinerary ends up being, who our waiters are, how melted the warm chocolate melting cake ends up being, whether our sheets are changed during our stay, and even if our table mates show up to dinner in jeans).

Now THERE is a wonderful cruising attitude!!!!!

I would tell you to have a great time...but I already know you will.

We are inducting you into the "honorary" :hole in the fence: gang for all your efforts and superb cruising talents!!!

Now THERE is a wonderful cruising attitude!!!!!

I would tell you to have a great time...but I already know you will.

We are inducting you into the "honorary" :hole in the fence: gang for all your efforts and superb cruising talents!!!

Thanks! My PVP called today to ask if I was watching the hurricane, and he mentioned possible itinerary changes. I told him I don't care if the ship goes out to sea for 5 days and then returns to New Orleans - except for the fact that there might be lots of cranky people on board! Other than that, I'd be perfectly happy just to be on the ship.

Thanks for the honorary "hole in the fence" membership. My heart was there even though my body couldn't make it in time to get through that hole. I'm hoping to visit Cha Chi in the future sometime if he's able to rebuild and reopen (without too much interference from the powers that be).

WOW I have never heard of such a thing, I must have missed the thread you are refering to - I can understand your worries but if you consider how many cruises happen per year the chances of it happening are so slim.

I must still say I would rather be on a cruise filled with a bad group and stuck out on my balcony for 7 days with room service than on land :)

I have seen numerous threads, mainly reviews, where it is mentioned that if the person was unhappy they have champagne taste on a beer budget, or that the average carnival passenger isn't what they expected. Or that it is a mass line and you get what you pay for. I guess I am confused. I haven't been on any cruise on any of the cruise lines, but I do have certain expectations. I want a clean room, I want food that doesn't make me sick, I want to be able to sleep at night, and I want security to keep me safe. Is that asking too much and exactly what is the average Carnival passenger? I feel comfortable wearing jeans and a t-shirt and drinking beer out of a bottle, and I feel comfortable wearing dresses and heels and sipping champagne. I guess my worst nightmare for the cruise would be surrounded by out of control people, whether they are drunks or kids, and not being able to get a moment to myself to recharge with peace and quiet.

Since you are doing a short cruise, at spring break time, you can expect it to be more active than had you sailed in early may or late february. So, yes, expect more party people on your cruise. It's prime college break time.

Me, I'd never, at that time of year, book a short cruise on an older ship. It's a booze cruise plain and simple.

I have to say, despite the small problems and annoyances inevitable on every cruise,

Cruising is THE closest thing to "Absolute Heavenly Perfection" I've ever experienced.

And I look forward to some more absolute heavenly perfection in 7 days

I have to agree with you: Cruising is the best thing holiday-wise you'll get.

And you will have a heavenly time in 77 days time and I'm jealous as hell.

Before we left, two of my teenage grand-daus said to us "Cruising is the BEST holiday!"

and I knew right then, that

coming from today's teenagers??(-not Old Fogies!) that said a lot.

The teens were right and remain right.

I am smitten, addicted, and dammit not rich enough

to afford three cruises a year which I now madly fancy!

We're first timers, JUST back from our first Carnival cruise, (the Elation 4 day cruise out of San Diego) and I have to say it was fabulous!

Yes, it was a 4 day cruise, and there were some "party animals" on board, but it was not at all disturbing, in fact, I enjoyed the "people watching" more than the shows! :cool:

What a kick! I loved all the shapes, sizes, nationalities, clothes, and accents, enjoyed the excellent service and food and slept like a baby when I finally made it to my very comfortable bed at night.

We felt safe and very pampered and you can count us in as "new" cruising addicts. :D

We found plenty of quiet areas to soak up the sun and watch for flying fish and dolphins, read, relax and enjoy ourselves, so don't worry, you'll love it!

Don't worry, have FUN!

The only thing you should be truly nervous about

is the Cruise Addiction you're about to acquire

and how you're going to finance all the other cruises that will come tumbling down

-one or two a year- for the next few decades of your life!

Start worrying about your finances for the next twenty years

and how you're going to afford this new 'religion' of yours.

Let Carnival take care of all the other silly worries you have, now.

Boy isn't that the truth! We took our first about 4 years ago. I have #5 planned and we're looking into #6 (this one with some friends we met and made at dinner on our Triumph cruise last week).

I did notice an odd odor a couple of times near the Rome theater but it certainly wasn't enough to bother me. Our room was always clean (they cleaned 2X daily) and I saw more security people on the cruise we just got off of than I'd ever seen before. We feel very safe. When we took our kids, the main rule was that they had to be with someone - the buddy system. That would be the rule anywhere for our kids as teenagers. We also had many of our meals together. Otherwise, they did their own thing and had a ball.

I ignore the posts on here that list only complaints. Generally the ones that are more accurate are the ones that are thorough and list both positives and negatives..

I would just keep an open mind and have fun!

My famliy has been on 5 Spring Break cruises and love each and every one of them. This past year we were on the Glory (the one the man jumped from):eek:, but it was the best cruise we had been on. as for kids and feeling safe we had 2 boys age 8 and 7 with us and I never feared for their safety or my safety.

Now about the ones that over drink it's every where you go, even Disney World been there seen that .

Archived