Once GTY cabin assigned, can you change to other in same Category?

hightownCO

Sorry if this has been asked before. Tried searching but don't have time to read thru everything.

If you book a Bal GTY and you're assigned a cabin, can you ask to be changed to another free cabin in same category? I think I've read there that you can but want to be sure as this is first time doing a GTY.

THanks!

We have been able to change to a different location in the same category even when booking a guarantee. I think some will depend on your Travel Agent and if they are willing to do this for you. For us, it has been no problem at all in the past. Best of luck on this.

It really depends on the cruiseline, not the travel agent...the agent has nothing to lose making the change. I have tried many times to change a guarantee cabin for clients....sometimes it can happen (depending on availability) but most times the answer is no. Never hurts to ask though.

LOL..So Yes, No, Maybe. Always depends on the Princess person on the other end of the phone!

BUT doesn't matter now!

Switched from FF to BF GTY last Monday and tonight, saw my cabin assignment -- BB on Caribe deck, Aft! WHOO HOO

Was so worried would be at the very front of the ship. Thrilled with location not to mention the terrific balcony.

Just had to share the news!

Sharon

Sorry if this has been asked before. Tried searching but don't have time to read thru everything.

If you book a Bal GTY and you're assigned a cabin, can you ask to be changed to another free cabin in same category? I think I've read there that you can but want to be sure as this is first time doing a GTY.

THanks!

Why wouldn't you just book the cabin you want in the first place?

tcdtcd, to answer your question...because there is a significant price difference between a BF GTY and a BB booking. Was willing to accept anything but hoping for a good assignment. Have always booked what I wanted in the past but wanted to economize this trip but still have a balcony.

We booked 3 cabins GTY balcony Cat BE and were assigned BB balcony cabins on the Aloha deck. This was a savings of $180/pp. Since we are taking ourselves and 4 others on this cruise, every penny helps! This amt is 2/3 of our airfare.

I am going to talk to the TA though and have her put a "no upgrade" hold on our cabins, since we are very happy with the current location and we are all together instead of scattered all over the ship like we thought we would be.

shofer, congrats on your assignments too. Shows that Princess really does try to put thought into these gty assignments with keeping your group together and upgrading everyone.

I'll definately let my ta know to put the 'no change' on my ressie!

Archived