Holland America web site

messymarie

Has anyone had a hard time getting their web site? I can not seem to get it anymore

I have to admit, it seems to be one of the worst cruise line websites! It is unreliable and lacking in design and function. Princess has a much better site (or is it just what I have been used too for the past two cruises?)

I have to admit, it seems to be one of the worst cruise line websites! It is unreliable and lacking in design and function. Princess has a much better site (or is it just what I have been used too for the past two cruises?)

Well said Freedom ... it's the most confusing/un-user friendly cruise site that I've seen ... and that's only when it's working;).

The HAL website is a very fickle lady! Sometimes she will and sometimes she wont.

About the only reason I go there is for shore excursions and even that can be frustrating.

For deck plans, I google "cruise ship deck plans" and go to an independent site which has them for several major cruise lines. Much easier than HAL

I had no trouble getting in an hour or so ago. I agree that the site is difficult to navigate and sometimes inaccurate or out of date. At least they have finally (as of today) updated this fall's itineraries to show Cozumel instead of Costa Maya - though there is still no overall announcement of any kind about the change, at least not that I could find!:confused:

FYI, there is an announcement at the bottom of the site saying it will be off line for maintenance on Saturday 9/8, so be forewarned! Maybe they'll fix all the out-of-date info, broken links, and inaccuracies while they're off line. :rolleyes:

Particularly frustrating is the Find A Cruise page when you put in your parameters and then you have to go back up to the top of the menu box and click Find Cruise. It defies website logic to have to go up a page to continue. The Find Cruise box should be at the bottom.

Another problem is they no longer give price with air on the pricing screen. You have to go all the way through the process of booking. I did that and was then told there was no air available :confused: . Yesterday, I could log on, go to a ship, get to the deck plans, but when I tried a different deck than one that showed got a blank screen. Oh well, maybe after the weekend.

Archived