Sun Onboard Shops

Chexmix

We are sailing the Sun on the Panama Canal, San Diego to Miami cruise. 18 days.

My question is: Does the Sun shops sell cigarettes? If so do you remember if the sell Camels? Also what kind of prices do the offer?

Since we are sailing for so long I need to figure out how many cartons I will need to pack for my boyfriend. If he don't have enough I might end up throwing him overboard.:eek: (JK)

Do they run specials in the shops?

When is the best time to purchase alcohol on the ship? First night, last night or some where in between?

Thanks for any helpy you can give me.

During an Alaska cruise on the ‘Sun’ earlier this year I purchased a carton of cigarettes in a Duty-Free shop in port – cheaper than ‘Sun’ Duty-Free. The cigarettes were delivered to the ship and I did not see them until the night before disembarking. Apparently this was to prevent usage of duty-free items before they are out of the country. The same rules applied to cigarettes and alcohol purchased at the "Sun’ Duty-Free. I was able to purchase single packs on board for immediate consumption in the coffee bar though.

I don’t know if this will apply on your trip, but it is something to keep in mind.

My wife smokes and I believe the price was 2 cartons for approx. $40.00.

I picked up another brand for my in-laws last week on the Sun and the price was $25 for 200. Buy two packs of 200 and get $5 discount (so $45 for 400). Hope this helps.

When is the best time to purchase alcohol on the ship? First night, last night or some where in between?

I was on the Alaska trip so you could purchase the alcohol at anytime - but you could only pick it up on the last evening from 6pm to 10pm. They will let you take the cigarettes at anytime but the booze was kept aside until that last night.

The same rules applied to cigarettes and alcohol purchased at the "Sun’ Duty-Free. I was able to purchase single packs on board for immediate consumption in the coffee bar though.

I don’t know if this will apply on your trip, but it is something to keep in mind.

If you purchase a carton you take them with you right away. They are not held until the last night.

Archived