Unsafe in Miami?!

broadwayshopaholic

I'm just wondering, my boyfriend and I are planning to stay in Miami the night before the cruise, but we're trying to find a good priced hotel that's not in a bad area.

The La Quinta Airport East has good rates and free shuttle to the port, but I'm wondering if it is in a bad area of town or not?

Anyone know? I'm just really concerned about safety in Miami....

You have to be alert in any city, but my suggestion is try the Holiday Inn right across the street from the Bayside Marketplace with 100s of shops and restaurants nd. entertainment. The bonus is you are next to the cruise ships and can see them from from the hotel. I forgot the price but I believe it was round $130 for a standerd room

Wow! How did you get it so cheap? We are sailing in March and the prices start at 210.00. Maybe it is the time of year we are sailing. I think we are going to stay at the La Quinta Inn Miami Airport East. It's a great price and has a pool for the kids and shuttle from the airport and to the port.

Today 9/7 Holiday Inn port of Miami $152. 2 ddbls . 2 adults 2 kids . Great spot,..:cool:

Are you going to the hotel site, and for when? We're booked there January 12th, 2 adults - cheapest I could find it was $209! Just checked again, cheapest is still $209.....................

Kim.

Are you going to the hotel site' date=' and for when? We're booked there January 12th, 2 adults - cheapest I could find it was $209! Just checked again, cheapest is still $209.....................

Kim.[/quote']

No, sorry ,, We are there mid March..

Are you going to the hotel site' date=' and for when? We're booked there January 12th, 2 adults - cheapest I could find it was $209! Just checked again, cheapest is still $209.....................

Kim.[/quote']

Kim , give me your e-mail . I have a web sit you should try . It will give you a list of ALL the hotels in miami and there curent rate for your specific dates.

I just punched in your dates and came back $192. ,, I know thats not a big difference , But . As you know I cant post it here:rolleyes:

You have to be alert in any city, but my suggestion is try the Holiday Inn right across the street from the Bayside Marketplace with 100s of shops and restaurants nd. entertainment. The bonus is you are next to the cruise ships and can see them from from the hotel. I forgot the price but I believe it was round $130 for a standerd room
JEEEEZZ Please excuse for the spelling. I sent this before my coffee this morning.

I'm trying HI port of Miami in April 08. In December 05 we stayed at Marriott Biscayne bay...Great view of ship, Ok rooms (small) I was alone with 2 teenagers and it was an unsafe area at night. Biscayne Bay near the bridge was scary. My friends were at the HI and said it was fine so we're trying that this time. As any city, just always be aware! Enjoy your cruise!

Back to the OP's main question, I would not walk around the neighborhood of any of the airport hotels near MIA. But if they'll pick you up at the airport plus take you to the port for free, that's worth a lot. You might check what restaurants are next to the hotel; walking a few hundred feet should be safe enough. But I would not walk blocks in the neighborhoods near the airport.

BobK/Orlando

PS-someone once told me that La Quinta is spanish for "next to Denny's". If it's true for this hotel, you're all set! :D

Kim , give me your e-mail . I have a web sit you should try . It will give you a list of ALL the hotels in miami and there curent rate for your specific dates.

I just punched in your dates and came back $192. ,, I know thats not a big difference , But . As you know I cant post it here:rolleyes:

I will be cruising with Kim (I am her sister-in-law) and would appreciate that information as well.

Thanks

My email is curtishayesphotography@rogers.com - thanks a bunch!

Happy cruising!

Kim.

"Just another vote for the H.I at the port of Miami.

During the day, Marshall's and Walgreen's are a 5 minute walk....and dinner and fun times at Bayside Marketplace...just across the street from the H.I.for the evening."

I would love to stay at the Holiday Inn pre-cruise. Unfortunately, they are booked for Nov. 3 so I'm at La Quinta East. But I will keep checking. Does anyone know what's going on in Miami that weekend? Jinn

Hi, I was wondering does HI have parking for vehicles, while you are on the cruise? Intercontinental is supposedly full. I am having a hard time finding reasonable hotel rates with car parking for March 13th 2008. :( Sounds like a lot of places already are full. I was thinking of the La Quinta (wouldn't mine, the not walking around so much, due to not being very safe) but after reading all the negatives regarding La Quinta area.....I definitely don't think I would feel comfortable leaving my car there for 11 days, while I am on the cruise ship. :(

I would LOVE to try priceline, but that does not guarentee me parking for the car........

Any Suggestions? :confused:

Jinn, we are on the Nov. 4 sailing of the Valor and I, too, found HI and Intercontinental booked (or WAY too expensive). There is a U of Miami game on the 3rd, and since the Orange Bowl is close-by I am assuming it's the game. I have booked a Hotwire hotel in Coral Gables. It will, of course, be more expensive to get to the port on Sunday from there, but I'm looking forward to staying there. Sounds like a great area.

Archived