Poll Embassy or Hyatt Pier 66

travelscrapper

Hyatt Pier 66 or Embassy Suites in FLL  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Hyatt Pier 66 or Embassy Suites in FLL

Thanks for the info....we are getting off the ship on a Sunday, they kick us off early so a nice brunch woul dbe good to look forward to. Last year we found a restaurant on the water taxi route that advertized brunch, but it was awful....still hoping to find a nice Brunch....there's nothing better than lingering over champagne for hours, followed by a nice nap on the beach!!!!!

• 1 month later...

We will be staying at ES prior to our 1/8 CB cruise. This is a 50th Anniversary Cruise for my Wifes parents. Our group of 9 have 4 suites at the fantastic price of 100,000 Hilton Honors Points. Over the years I have stayed many times at various Hilton Hotels on business as well as the Ft Lauderdale 17th St. ES (3 times). However, I never paid attention to the points I accumulated. It turned out that I had over 150,000 Hilton Honors points. A One Nite Stay at the 17th St. ES is 25,000 HH points. Therefore I cashed them in since I probably would never use them anyway. BTW I have also stayed at the Hyatt Marina. I agree it is much nicer than the ES. However ES does it right too with the Free Happy Hour and Cooked to Order Breakfast as well as shuttle to the Ship. Either way you cant go wrong.

I voted Hyatt.

I have stayed at both and each are nice.

Hyatt offers private van service to port for $5 per person.

You can take a cab for $10 including tip.

There is no complimentary breakfast.

I have used Priceline and upon checking in asked very nicely if I could have a tower room. I also showed them my Hyatt card.

Both times I was upgraded without charge. However, there is no guarantee.

Even late at night I prefer the rooftop lounge at the Hyatt.

Steve Hayes

• 2 months later...

My cab ride from FLL to Hyatt as $12 plus tip. (We had some bad traffic)

Steve Hayes

We will be staying at the Hyatt pre-cruise in 2 weeks. It sounds easy to get from hotel to ship, but what's the best and least expensive way to get from the airport (FLL) to the hotel? Thanks!!

We stayed at both several times and there both nasty and in bad need of refurbishing. If I had to make a choice it would probably be the Embassy. It is a shame because the Embassy is close to full all the time so they feel that upgrading is not necessary. People that stay there for a day or 2 just want to get to their cruise and rarely follow up with comments to the management. :)

Would also suggest the Renaissance Marriott which is right there at Port Everglades. It is 4 or 5 star on Priceline. We have stayed there the last 2 cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale--11/03 and 11/04. A beautiful hotel with good food and great staff.We got it for $65 in '03 and $99 in '04---much less than the retail and online prices.

Can speak for the Embassy, but we stayed at Pier 66 last year during spring break and loved it! The rooms are a little tired, but the pool was relaxing and can't beat being aaround all those beautiful yachts. (BTW, we have two pre-teens and they met lots of new friends at the pool and outdoor pool table.)

in October! It was LOVELY! The interior was lush, well-maintained (nothing tired here), and staff fantastic! Room exactly as all ES rooms I've stayed in. Loved one block walk to 2 grocery stores and liquor store, nice bar across street. Free happy hour, REAL breakfast & shuttle always nice.

I cannot comment on the Hyatt, but we were thrilled w/ Embassy.

Stayed at Sheraton on way back--very nice, but NOTHING around it!

Happy cruising!

Kristin

Archived