Far East, Itinerary & shore Excursions

ISLANDS LOVER

Wife and I will be on the trip with you, do they supply snorkels and masks or should we bring our own? Interestingly we fly into Barcelona on Nov 28, 2008 stay one night and sail on the 29th to Galveston , Texas on the Voyager of the Seas.

Hi dear Susie! I get nervous reading you are already packing! I wonder that!;)

Yes Susie, Star clipper does supply snorkels and masks with quite good quality, On my northern cruise it was just early in the first morning onboard when they call to passengers to provide snorkeling gear, they have a good stock to choose all sizes, then all the equipement is with you along the cruise and under your risponsability until last night.

You dont need to take the yours, even If you want you will be able to buy breath (pipes or tub) in case you prefer a new one, as in Patong beach there are several comercial center to buy last needed things.

I hope you will enjoy the tour of the island, 1200 bath is a very very good price!

enjoy your packing Susie!:)

Hello Alexrabi,

Yes, snorkeling gear will be supplied, I hope so... :o as it was on january-08

and yes! what interesting your next departure from Barcelone! we life just 40 km south from barcelona. well, you will get a very few time to get a taste of the city but I hope you will enjoy it! most of the travelers does love my city, I hope you and your wife will too.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Island Lover:

Looks like you are making quite a few new friends here on cruise critic. I have not found anyone else who will be on Star Clipper with us yet.

I am researching vacations for the fall of 2009 and coming to Spain is one of the possibilities, either as part of a cruise or just driving around in a rental car. My husband Bob has been to Barcelona 2 years ago for business. I visited Spain and Portugal with my mother 15 years ago. If we come to Barcelona next year perhaps we can meet together for dinner! We will be in Europe next spring, cruising on Azamara Journey April 25 Rome to Venice, then May 2 Venice to Athens, a back to back making a 14 day cruise.

Susie

Hello Alexrabi I didn’t realize your title last day, I don’t know why but I understood you were in the same cruise with Susie! I should be confused reading your dates in november as it is when Susie is going.:o

I can see you must be expert cruiser, so going in november from Barcelona to Galveston and Flying again in january from USA to sail in Asia, what a big voyager!

Then yes Alexrabi, if I’m now right we are sailing the same route in january onboard the Star clipper!

Hi Susie, I hope your packing was great last weekend and you are now a bit more nervous… ;)

Thanks to advise me! I thought that were you who got new frends for the cruise!

You look a great voyager too Susie, ready for next spring and again planning for next fall.

And yes! why not, if you finaly decide to come to Barcelona, let me know about it!

I’m going tomorrow for a short 3 days scape, (my weekend)but will come back here to have a look how exited you are getting!

Of course if you, both, need some help about Barcelona or places in spain it will be a pleasure to help you if I can

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Susie! You must be now really excited!:eek: only two days for flying, isn't it?

I'm going for my short weekend scape and will be here thursday evening (a bit earlier there) this is just to wish you have a very very very nice trip!! hope you'll like a lot the sailing feeling, have a good weather for it and please, don't lose the sunset sailing from remote islands!!

Enjoy it!!!!!!!:)

Yes, Islands Lover, I am very excited. I did meet someone who will be on our cruise from CC. We exchanged some emails before they left last Saturday. I hear it is still raining on Phuket, but it is also hot. As it has been cold here this will feel wonderful.

In the meantime, I put a deposit on a trip for next Nov. 1, the Viking Burgundy river cruise in southern France. I will wait until we return from this Star Clipper cruise before I confirm it. I may want to go on Star Clipper again! But if we do the Viking cruise we will drive into Spain at the end and be visiting Barcelona. We may end up meeting after all.

sayonara,

Susie san

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Susie I'm thinking on you regards actual problems in bangkok airports. As you were sheduled for desembarkation last saturday 29th, I know there are no problems in Phuket so I hope your flight to Cambodia was not via Bangkok... :confused:

Just hope you dont get problems.

Be lucky!!

Archived