Need best chowder in Halifax and St John, New Brunswick

Been a couple years since I was there but I had about the best bowl of seafood chowder I've ever had at the Historic Properties. I thought it was at a take out/food court sort of place, not a sit down restaurant, could be wrong. I think it was Captain John's Fish Company. I'm a Maritimer and seafood lover and I haven't had it everywhere but that bowl does stick in my memory as being excellent. http://www.edining.ca/details.asp?ID=1094

In Saint John, NB I recommend Billy's Seafood http://www.billysseafood.com/

BILLY'S SEAFOOD CHOWDER

A creamy chowder brimming with salmon, scallops, shrimp, white fish, minced onion and a mirepoix of vegetables. Served with a fresh roll and crackers.

Located in the historic Saint John City Market. - an easy short walk from ship.

Thanks very much MonaCD. Is this within walking distance of the port? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure exactly where the ship will dock but it will be within walking distance, just don't know how long it will take. I've walked from Peir 21 to Historic Properties, I'm guessing the cruise ship dock is somewhere within there.

from Cruise Critic page about port of Halifax:

Downtown Halifax is about a 10- to 15-minute (brisk) walk from the dock; travel along the boardwalk, which stretches from the dockside terminal to the historic downtown area. Taxis line up outside the terminal. Hertz (800-654-3131) and Budget (800-527-7000) have on-site facilities; rates begin at about $30 per day.

I'm not sure exactly where the ship will dock but it will be within walking distance, just don't know how long it will take. I've walked from Peir 21 to Historic Properties, I'm guessing the cruise ship dock is somewhere within there.

from Cruise Critic page about port of Halifax:

The cruise ships docks at Peir 21. The walk to Historic Properties would be about 10-15 minutes along the waterfront.

The cruise ships docks at Peir 21. The walk to Historic Properties would be about 10-15 minutes along the waterfront.
I had a hunch that's where it docked. I walked it on a freezing rainy day in January, pretty briskly, so I guess it can be done easily. :rolleyes: But the real question is: If you've had it, where's the best seafood chowder in Halifax?

Archived