Disney Newbie

shbroc

Just received and view the Disney cruise line dvd. Considering taking a cruise with my 13 yr old daughter and hubby. Since this would be our first time, was curious as to what ship we should take? And what's the best itinerary? Also would you do a land/sea package or a 7 day cruise first. We are no strangers to cruising but Disney would be the first for us.

Any input/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

since you have cruised before I would say do a 7 day cruise !!!

Eastern or Western is up to you. the ports are totally different.

Personally we love the Eastern because we get and extra sea day to relax or do fun things on the ship.Also for shopping I have found much better prices on the Eastern ports over the Western.

If you do a land sea deal, most find it is cheaper to book them separately to save money. Disney World is awesome but depending on how many days you have, dont plan on seeing it all in 3 or 4 days. Allow a week and you still wont see it all unless you run yourself to death. Just pick the highlights you cant miss and go for those, any time left over then go for the extras you havnt done yet.

I would suggest doing the land portion first. it is very tiring at WDW. So save the relaxing cruise for the end so you wont get home and feel like you need a vacation to recover from your vacation before going back to work.

I hope you will decide to give DCL a try. We have only done one other cruise line, Carnival and the service on DCL has them beat 100 times over.

The teen club is great for your 13 year old. The Stack. they have scavengers hnunts, dances, games,smoothis night,brains verses brawn contest, pool partie, and so much more. Our teen grandkids have done 2 cruise lines and they say disneys teen club is so much better than the other lines they only want to do Disney, never other lines because other lines dont have enough for them to do. Just their opinions. They have done 4 cruises.

Hope this helps a little, oh the pirate party with fireworks is AWESOME !!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks mom x4,grandma x4. Yes it really did help. I never thought about if we did a land/sea, to do the land first. Great point! I think we will do an Eastern 7 day cruise. Have you sailed on both ships and if so, are they exactly the same?

Thanks, again

Yes I have cruised both ship many times. We are going next November on a 7 day Eastern.

The layouts are the same. But on one ship one restaurant is called Lumieres and on the other ship it is Tritons. One of the clubs is called Wave bands the other is Rock n Bar D. These are the same but named differently for the most part.

The club area is Route 66 on The Wonder and Beat Street on the Magic so the theme is different but the layout is the same.

Now after drydock the magic has Ocean Quest virtual reality area for the kids, the Wonder doesnt.

On the Wonder they have a new spalsh area for toddlers near the Mickey slide, the Magic doesnt.

The buffet is laid out identical but again has a different name.

The statue in the atrium on one ship is Mickey the other is Aerial. I always forget which ship has which name or statue because i have gone so many times it all runs together now.

But the theaters, rooms and general layouts are identical.

The Eastern is a great itenary, I think this is our 4th or 5th time on the Eastern, Like I said I have done it so many times I loose count. My signature has them all listed.

The Wonder only does 3 and 4 day cruises.

The Magic does 7 day and special trip in the summer.

I do think the Wonder did do a couple of 11 day cruises a couple years ago.

I love both ships, but since the cruises are longer on the Magic I prefer to cruise on it. the longer the better.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived