Scanning Luggage

betterman2

Except that you can leave your shoes on!:D

you can? we couldnt on AOS and had to take them off every time and yes every time I forgot LOL but I think there was something on mine that kept setting them off so that was prob why :eek:

Everything goes through scanners just like at the airport and you have to walk through the scanner. However, that being said, they really don't look at anything too closely. And you can take on liquids with no problem - I had a carton of juice, some 7up, and Diet Coke and walked right on with it. Also had a bottle of water in my backpack and they never open the bag to make sure it really was water in there. But you do have to go through - we did not have to take off our shoes, just sunglasses and hats.

Didn't seem the scanner operator was even watching when we went thru...oh well

It's a metal detector and will sound an alarm if you have too much metal on your body. I was detained and wanded because of my necklace, I couldn't easily get it off.

I know that the luggage is scanned upon boarding on Royal Caribbean but does each passenger have to go thru a scanner like at the airport. Boarding the Mariner 9-30-07, Eastern cruise.

Yea...I'm not so sure that each piece of checked luggage is scanned - that is a running theory by all the paranoid consipracy theorist people, and those who want to discourage others from trying to smuggle booze on board.

The passengers do have to put their carry on's thru a scanner and pass thru a metal detector.

So, if your question is a velied one about smuggling booze on board then just pack the booze well and put it into your checked luggage. So far we have never had any issues with it!

Everything goes through scanners just like at the airport and you have to walk through the scanner. However, that being said, they really don't look at anything too closely. And you can take on liquids with no problem - I had a carton of juice, some 7up, and Diet Coke and walked right on with it. Also had a bottle of water in my backpack and they never open the bag to make sure it really was water in there. But you do have to go through - we did not have to take off our shoes, just sunglasses and hats.

I just passed a vodka-watermelon thru the scanner when embarking on our last cruise. No problem what so ever..... Guy didnt even ask me to take it out of the bag it was in!

Archived