Suite 9205 on Carnival Conquest

SilkButterfly

did you pick the cabin or was it given to you through a guaranteed booking?

This cabin has a small balcony--for what you paid for a suite it has a regular size balcony.

The cabin is very forward.- there is a public deck on the front-- few people know the deck is there. but the people that do use the deck could look into your balcony.

It could also be windy.

We picked it because it looked bigger and didn't realize at the time the deck was in front of it. We thought being on the end and kind of alone would make up for the smaller balcony. We aren't leaving til the middle of Dec so possibly could change it ...just not sure.

Thanks so much for your reply. So in the dark about so many things!!!

when looking at the deck plans-- your cabin is the front of the ship. The back of the ship is located on the bottom of the page.

Personally for the money-- I would move to a truer suite located on the empress deck mid ship.

Being where you are now-- thats a long long walk to the buffet for breakfast every morning.

Thanks ...we actually thought it would be closer to everything on the Lido deck. Plus I liked the deck in front but didn't realize that people on it could see onto our balcony. I thought it would be a nice place to be when going into port ...being on the front. We are discussing whether to change or not...we really like that deck being so close. Neither of us are big breakfast eaters so we probably will do room service anyway most of the time. Sure the exercise might be good too!!! But I do have some concerns now about this room and I thank you so much for your input. My b/f says we will just put up a sign ....saying "Show at 11......10.00 each" lol But he says do what I want...

what is the purpose of the deck on the front? you have a balcony.

Dont base your decision on the balcony with what side faces port when you dock--that stuff can change weekly. some days your balcony will face the port-- other days will face the waters.

room service menu is very sparse..nothing hot is on that menu. its basic.

what you do at home is nothing how you eat/sleep on a cruise. You'd be surprised on how much you will be eating when cruising.

Even the pools will a hike for you.

something else to consider--- I do not know what that white area is across the hall from your cabin

the laundry rooms are located:

deck 1 Riveria deck across 1359

deck 2 Main deck across 2367

deck 6 Upper deck across 6387

deck 7 empress deck across 7339

deck 8 veranda deck across 9270

and its not across from your cabin..

Yes I wondered about that white area too. And the deck in front I thought that would be facing forward ...so our balcony wouldn't matter which side we go into port on. I guess I just assumed since we were on the same deck as the pool and buffet ...they would be more convenient. I have gotten the list of open cabins still available and am going over them...there are still quite a few and we are even considering maybe one of the penthouse ones...but the difference doesn't seem to warrant the difference in price.

7228 has an awesome balcony. Notice the white area next to it.. its all part of the cabin (its a handicapped cabin)

the suites in this area will still allow you access tp the front of the ship.. doors are on either side of the hall- next to 7206 and 7205 (on the side)

There is nothing wrong with being close to the elevator.

we just got off the Liberty-- same class as the conquest-- and we had 6443-- perfect location. We put a sign on the door that says Elmo loves you , when we got off the elevator we knew where we were located.

With a cat 11 suite comes priorty check in only. But you should go down the night before-- and head to the pier about 10:30. Priorty check in isnt really needed as you will be onboard by noon anyways.

your choices are good ones.. you are more centrally located.

I can tell you as first time cruisers you will not be in the cabin all that much- as you want to experience all there is to get out of the cruise.

I cant justify a cat 12 price-

you could also take a chance and fgo with a suite guarantee-- that gives you a chance of being upgraded to the cat 12 for no extra costs.

Yes we are going down the day before from Dallas. I really kinda like 7333 (3 is my lucky number) and I can't seem to justify the extra cost for a Cat 12 either ...basically just for a bit more room and a bidet as well as I can tell. I don't think we go with the guarantee thing now as he's already paid for the whole thing but I do think he can change the room without too much trouble. I just have to make up my mind and I'm not good with making decisions!!!!!

for past cruises we always picked a cabin number that had some kind of significance.

for my 50th birthday we took 6450- for joes birthday we took 6262 since was born in 62. the year he turned 40 we took 6440

Thank god these were always on the aft.. the cabins across the back of the ship. the balconies are larger then a reg cat 8 balcony from the side.

Since 3's are lucky-- take 7333 -- then you will always rememebr your cabin number.

also you may want to play roulette #3 too since this game only cost $1.00 for inside numbers

Well ..the problem is taken care of ....I didn't make the decision lol. He said go look at documents. We are now in Cat 12 7312....I sooooooo hope it's a good room!!! It is close to the elevators but down a little bit.

Thanks soooooo much for your input.

You will LOVE the Cat 12 on Conquest!! My 16yo daughter and I were in cabin 7294 in early July and we had SO much room! I have been in a Cat 12 on Ecstasy, and the Cat 12 on Conquest was much nicer! We had more storage than we could ever think of using, and it had an extra area outside of the bathroom with a sink in it and tons of drawers! Be warned: you will be spoiled after being in this cabin and may never be able to stay in a smaller cabin again!!:D Do a search on webshots.com or cruiseclues.com and you might be able to find some pictures of your cabin, or at least Cat 12 cabins! I don't have my pics posted anywhere yet or i would show you some of mine! The Conquest is a great ship and we had SO much fun!!:)

I know I'm going to love it .......we neither have cruised before and this is our first time away together ....he lives in CA and I am in TX...so this one is kind of special. I was having such a hard time making up my mind on which one to change to...and he said ...I really wanted to do a Cat 12 anyway but you seemed to like the one on Lido...so he just went ahead and changed it all.

I know we are both going to be addicted after this!!! I can already tell lol.

addicted?? LOL

My first cruise was in 2000 with all family- frommy parents and all my brothers and wives--to all the nieces and nephews.

I was the only one bitten big time by the cruise bug. I met Joe soon after my first cruise and thought I'd better see if he likes cruising so I booked us on the Victory for his 40th birthday. (my 3rd cruise)

I thought if he didnt like it I'd be able to cut my loses early in the game.

Not a problem--after experiencing motion sickness for the 1st day- he got his sea legs and was fine. We just got back last week from our 10th cruise. Booked for February 2009 (land vacations next year-- no cruises. Parents have been begging me to take them back to Vegas since I took them there a few years back for their 50th anniversary and I want to experince Aruba for a week after visiting there on a cruise last year) I dont know how i will be on a land vacation. On a cruise everything is right there for my chosing.

When are you going?

I know addicted is probably an understatement!!! But I do love Vegas!!! I just now how to figure out what to overpack. I just cannot pack light...I have tried before and it's just impossible. And OMG shoes.....I admit to a terrible obsession!

I am sure you are going to have a great time on your trips ...even tho they won't be your love! You will have a terrific time still!

with shoes-- its easy-- just remember you are on a moving vessel and leave the "high" heels home.

If you encounter rough waters it will be nearly impossible to walk in those.

I now can pack in one suitcase everything we need for a 7 day cruise-- i get one bag- he gets a bag and we have our formal clothes in the garment bag.

After discovering Princess last February-- booked for 2009 -- I wont need the garment bag as we wont use the dining room as the buffet area is that special on princess.. and oh mi gawd the seafood...LOL

From the west coast-- you really must try a carnival Spirit class ship.

These are about the best there is.. and if a suite is what you book- check out the cabins on the aft on the corners. These are the only cabins that are broken down into sections where the sitting area is seperated from the sleeping area. Your cabin now is just one large room.

But its the wrap around balcony that is what people book it for. Its huge.

cabin issues are what some people do a lot of stressing about. Now that its done-- time to stress about what to do in each port.

I suggest heading to the ports of calls board and see whats available in each port.

Yes..that is what we are doing now ....more stress!! We have already booked a couple ...thru the cruise line ...but I'm also checking out doing some on our own too. I'm also really wondering what to wear ...it will be just before Christmas ...not sure what to expect!

The ports you are visiting will be quite warm-- so bring summer clothes.

Ship will be cool at night so bring warmer clothes. Long pants and a blouse with sleeves. Ship gets cold even in the summer as the air is cranked up.

We love cruising in February-- when the islands are so very warm and we leave behind the ice and cold.

Archived