Can someone help me with Mariner specifics

betterman2

Leaving on the Mariner 9/30/07 for an Eastern Carib cruise. Trying to put together a weekly itinerary & it would help me if those who have recently returned from Mariner could give me specifics on the days and times for ice skating shows, formal days, smart casual & casual days, best days and times to eat in Portofinos & Chops. We have late dining seating so what are the times of the shows either before dining or after that we shouldn't miss? What foods did you have & loved or what should be passed on...both the specialty restaurants & dining rm? I understand that I can get some of this info from the Compass when I get on the ship...but sure would like to kinda map out my schedule ahead of time. Thanks in advance for any help.

I was just on the Western itinerary, and I don't remember the schedule from when we did the Eastern last year, however you can view The Compasses here, for all the info you are asking for: http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/CruiseLines/RoyalCaribbean/MarineroftheSeas/tabid/285/Default.aspx

TIP: Ice show tickets are distributed about 30 minutes before the posted time, so go down early for them. The Ice show is something you don't want to miss.

Leaving on the Mariner 9/30/07 for an Eastern Carib cruise. Trying to put together a weekly itinerary & it would help me if those who have recently returned from Mariner could give me specifics on the days and times for ice skating shows, formal days, smart casual & casual days, best days and times to eat in Portofinos & Chops. We have late dining seating so what are the times of the shows either before dining or after that we shouldn't miss? What foods did you have & loved or what should be passed on...both the specialty restaurants & dining rm? I understand that I can get some of this info from the Compass when I get on the ship...but sure would like to kinda map out my schedule ahead of time. Thanks in advance for any help.

Be careful when mapping out your schedule. The activities, menus, etc., often change around from cruise-to-cruise. The schedule for this week may not be the same next week. All of the highlights for YOUR cruise will be listed on the back of the Compass which will be on the bed in your cabin when you arrive. Also, you may not like the same foods as I do, so it is best to make your decisions based on your own preferences.

This is a vacation... have Fun!! :)

Just returned from the Mariner eastern 9-2 to 9-9 sailing.

We had late seating as well.

Most of the main shows had an accomodation for both seating, with the exception of I think one.

Ice skating had 2 shows availaible on Wednesday and Friday.

Tuesday and Friday were formal nights, both sea days.

Wed was at St Thomas, we ate at Portofino that night, after the ice show, which worked out perfectly for us.

Recommendations for food, I will skip, as everyone has different tastes. There is just too many things to choose from.

If you want to do Chops or Portofino and have a specific day/time in mind, it's best to book early... when you board the ship go to the restaurants and make your reservation. Both are excellent, depends on whether you want steak or italian...

We booked Chops for the second formal night which is also lobster night (Friday). I believe that Wednesday night was Caribbean night (St. Thomas). First formal night was Tuesday.

for the ice skating show, tickets are limited and distribution will be in the Compass (I believe it was Tuesday but I"m sure that it varies with each sailing)... you will get your Compass the night before so you can plan to send someone down for tickets... don't miss it... it really is phenomenal what they are able to do on an ice rink that is on a moving ship.

Shows are scheduled so that you can attend no matter what your seating for dinner is... Your compass will even specify which show time is best for which dinner seating... late seating usually means you'll have a show time beforehand... there are some shows that don't occur until after late seating (comedians). Again, your Compass is delivered the night before so it allows you to plan accordingly.

Shows will be done twice, once for each seating. Speciality restaurants should be booked as soon as you board to get the date/time you want. Read the compass and relax. Lobster wasn't that great but the Thai BBQ chicken was the best chicken I have ever tasted. Ask your waiter what you should get, I had Mark and he was great in telling my table what to avoid. ice show tickets are limited so go down 30 minutes early to get them.

Just returned from the Mariner eastern 9-2 to 9-9 sailing.

Wed was at St Thomas, we ate at Portofino that night, after the ice show, which worked out perfectly for us.

We were in Chops watching the sunset over St Thomas and the city and harbor lights come on during dinner. We pulled away from port as desert was served. What a great dinner it was.

Archived