Luggage limit?

nancy anne

Be sure to click through to the linked pages on allowances, restrictions and the other links on the various pages.

Why DL didn't put it all on ONE page is a question only their brain trust can answer....personally, I think it is to encourage "gotcha's" and the resultant fees.

It is not uncommon to see travelers at the weigh-in counter scrambling to take a few pounds of stuff out of the overweight bag and put in the "underweight" bag or carry-on. Been there, done that. ;) The truly prepared have a portable scale for weighing luggage before approaching the counter. DH and I use the "heft" method.

DH and I use the "heft" method.

And I like the "give 'em $5.00 extra" curbside check in method. Never failed me from the USA, including a 61 pound bag to Asia this July. The guy looked at me weird, I stuck out $10.00, he slapped a "heavy" sticker on my suitcase and away it went. Not recommended for everyone.

I use the I'm young, single, and female method!:D Obviously this won't work for most people.:p ;)

Seriously, I've gotten to the point that if I can lift it and carry it from my room to the car and lift it into the trunk, then it's almost a certainty that it will be underweight. Generally my bags these days come out to around 45 pounds.

Archived