paying sign and sail account

tlangell@tsc.com

Go midway through the cruise and check it to get an idea before cruise is over. Its hard to remember all those charges on the last day as you look it over. You will never remember all those drinks you had! :eek: If you check it midway you will be less surprised at the total and catch mistakes early.

Go midway through the cruise and check it to get an idea before cruise is over. Its hard to remember all those charges on the last day as you look it over. You will never remember all those drinks you had! :eek: If you check it midway you will be less surprised at the total and catch mistakes early.

Carnival will give you a statement midway through the cruise. Also most of the newer ships have Funvision, which allows you to check your charges from the TV in your cabin.

Why keep in all on your credit card if you have the cash?

To get the points/cash/miles etc that you cna get from spending on a credit card and to get an extra 20-30 days interest-free to pay the bill. Why pay an interest-free bill any earlier than necessary? ;)

So having never sailed on Carnival before but with other lines, we have a cruise coming up with Carnival in a few weeks and here's my question with regard to all of this. I understand that they take the initial $200 but do you let them know how much more you want to put on your sign and sail or can you just keep buying stuff and putting things on your sign and sail and then it all adds up in the end? In other words, if we exhaust the $60 (minus the $140 for the tips), can we still keep putting things on the sign and sail after the $60 as long as we have sufficient funds on our CC? Or, do we have to keep going to the purser's desk to add more $$$ to the sign and sail? Hope this wasn't too confusing. Thanks!:)

So having never sailed on Carnival before but with other lines' date=' we have a cruise coming up with Carnival in a few weeks and here's my question with regard to all of this. I understand that they take the initial $200 but do you let them know how much more you want to put on your sign and sail or can you just keep buying stuff and putting things on your sign and sail and then it all adds up in the end? In other words, if we exhaust the $60 (minus the $140 for the tips), can we still keep putting things on the sign and sail after the $60 as long as we have sufficient funds on our CC? Or, do we have to keep going to the purser's desk to add more $$$ to the sign and sail? Hope this wasn't too confusing. Thanks!:)[/quote']

Once you run up the deposit, they will place another hold and continue doing that... they want to make sure you have the money there for what you spend. If you are putting cash down, just put down as much as you want in the beginning, if you have any leftover they will give you a check at the end of the cruise (and even cash it for you :D)

I have a credit card but I never use it for the S&S card. What I do is present a certain amount of cash when I check in. I keep track of my spending through funvision in my room and if I need to add more cash then I go right to the purser's desk and add it. The last evening of the cruise (somewhere around midnight) I got to the desk and settle my account. Since I am not a big spender, I always have money coming back.

Quick question...can you pay off your sign and sail account with cash at the end of the cruise? If so, how?

Thanks

Just did it last week on the Glory.

We gave a credit card at check in, to avoid any hassles, but knew we would have very little on it after the cruise.

We put $100 in gift certificates on our account on our first day at sea, at the purser's desk.

Then we kept checking our account on the TV in the cabin, to see where we stood each day.(also helped snag a barkeep putting 2 other groups bartab on my account the first night)

About the 5th day of our cruise, we each got some spa specials and went back and checked our total after we were finished.

I got some cash and went down and paid for all the charges we had incurred up until that point and made a guesstimate of what we would spend the next couple of days.

I guessed pretty accurately, as we had zero charges on our last day and actually got a check for $3.74 that we hadn't spent as of the last night.

Just keep tabs on your account daily and head down to the Purser's desk during the slower times, to deposit more cash on your account.

This cruise was great coming home with no impending credit card bill looming.

Bill

If you are a Platinum cruiser I belive most ships have a separate purser's line. :D (Uh, I can't stand in that line yet!)

That really is true TODAY (its great !). . however, as more and more paxs become PLATINUM, it'll more than likely become "less exclusive". :D

Oh well, there's always ELITE class I guess. I wonder when Carnival will get around to doing that ? :)

Archived