Can anyone tell me about Victory

In2why

I looked at the reviews and the majority are out of NY and to Canada. We are looking at the Norfolk to Bahammas cruise in June and wonder about the ship. It looks to be a mid size ship put into service in 2000. Does the ship have an over crowded feel to it? Does anyone have any recent experience on the ship?

Thanks in advance

Hi In2why

We were on the Victory in March and had a great time. The ship is a little worn down but to be expected because it is an older ship but very clean. I didn't think is was any more crowded than any other ship that I have been on. The service was great and the help was very friendly. If there is anything else you would like to know let me know.

We were on the Victory May 2007 going to the E. Caribbean. It was amazing.

Everyone sees things different, I guess. We did not find it tired or old or worn.

We had low expectations as an earlier Carnival trip on a small ship (Ecstacy) was horrible. We were truly amazed. the buffet was a beautiful room and they always had 4 lines going, 2 inside and 2 outside of the room at the pool.

We had a balcony and they had just put in new furniture on it as we were leaving port.

We enjoyed it so much we have booked Carnival again for next May going to Panama and Costa Rica for 8 days on Liberty.

Hope you enjoy it. We were also amazed at all the places we would go and there would not be anyone in the area. Many of the lounges nobody would be in there and you could just sit and read or talk. The only crowded places we came upon was the kareoke club and dance clu(after 11pm).

Hope you enjoy it. We met the most amazing young waitress from Indonesia, unfortunately she has gone home now from this ship for a few months, but my son still keeps in touch with her.

Just returned from a cruise to Canada aboard the Victory (9/8-9/15). It looked as though the ship was brand new...very clean, nothing torn or worn. Even the carpet looked like it was brand new. At no time did it seem crowded. Well, we did need to get to the Caribean Theater at least 20 minutes before each show as it did fill up. I counted 900 seats and all were filled for every show that I attended. There was never a line at the buffet in the Mediteranian restaurant and the food was terrific. Our cruise to the New England area and Canada was fantastic. The debarkation process in New York was the only down side to the trip. We had to wait one hour in the cold wind/rain for the busses to come to return us to LaGuardia. Otherwise, great cruise aboard a great ship.

Was on the Victory Aug 11 - Liked everything about the ship except the pool area - The Stadium Seating in the main pool left a very crowded feel - much prefer the open deck space of so many other ships

Since we cruised to Canada this did not bother us much since the weather was not really Pool weather - however - had I been going to the Caribbean I would have been a little upset with the croweded feel of the main Lido Pool.

I have been on the Victory twice in the last 2 years, and there is nothing to worry about. The ship was nice and the crew were very friendly. On the 4 day cruise from NYC to Canada my biggest complaint was the other passengers, and I think others mentioned the same thing. I think the Victory is taking the Destiny's place though, so there may be a different ship doing that itinerary next year.

We sailed from Norfolk in June. We didn't find the ship at all worn down in the public areas (our cabin was another story.) The ship seemed more crowded than the Miracle to us but it's a whole different layout and wasn't too bad. There are a few areas where traffic just seemed to bottleneck like in front of the shops and and in the buffet areas -to the point where you couldn't walk past because the lines were blocking the entire walkway.

Go and have a great time. The new terminal in Norfolk is great - security and embarkation were easy and it's more like waiting in a nice art gallery than in a warehouse style terminal. They have a great outdoor deck to sit on and wait while looking at the ship and the water and a nautical art collection on display.

Well you did have to get to the show lounge early to get a seat. The lido deck restaurant was always crowded and the chairs and tables close so hard to maneuver but not overwhelming. Some of the folks said that when they came back on board in Boston, the line was down the pier, through the building and out the other door. Other times, It wasn't bad when we came on board. Getting off wasn't bad either, we were first off in halifax, got there early.

My husband and I just got back on Saturday, New England. I agree with the lines in the buffet section to long & out of control. Getting onto the ship took almost 2 hours. We had a good time and made the best of it. My husband and I are in our 30's and it was an older generation so wheel chairs got in our way many times. It made it difficult to get around at times. I also felt that there itinary's were fit for carrabian. They need to have more activities for the New England cruises. Because you are not able to enjoy the lido deck. It is not laying out by the pool weather. A lot of the games and activites were very crowed. Most of the crew was very nice but there were some I could do with out. This was my 4th cruise and my husband's 9th cruise. We both agreed that the food needs some improvement.

Archived