Too many darn choices!

In2why

I want to book a cruise. I just don't know which one :rolleyes: I do NOT fly so I am looking at Norfolk, Jacksonville, Tampa, and Orlando. I want at least 5 days.....I found the cruise in June from Norfolk on board Victory for 6 days but now I am not sure I can wait that darn long. Heck as it is I spend about an hour a day on this board lol.

I am turning 40 December 30th so I am thinking about a cruise in January as a Christmas present for me and DH and of course as a Bday present to me. I also know that I have to have a balcony and I am willing to pay extra for it but some ships really don't have balconies so they are out. Somebody make up my darn mind!! All I want is a great ship, at a great price, going to a great place. Is that too much to ask.

I want to book a cruise. I just don't know which one :rolleyes: I do NOT fly so I am looking at Norfolk, Jacksonville, Tampa, and Orlando. I want at least 5 days.....I found the cruise in June from Norfolk on board Victory for 6 days but now I am not sure I can wait that darn long. Heck as it is I spend about an hour a day on this board lol.

I am turning 40 December 30th so I am thinking about a cruise in January as a Christmas present for me and DH and of course as a Bday present to me. I also know that I have to have a balcony and I am willing to pay extra for it but some ships really don't have balconies so they are out. Somebody make up my darn mind!! All I want is a great ship, at a great price, going to a great place. Is that too much to ask.

In January out of Tampa, there are 4, 5, and 7 day cruises going to Cozumel, and the Caymans. Norfolk and Jacksonville are only showing the 3 & 4 day cruises to the Bahamas, (Freeport) where you just go there and stay docked for a day or so and come back. I didn't see anything out of Orlando but Port Canaveral has the Glory going to Cozumel, Belize, and whichever port they are substituting for Costa Maya. There are also cruises that month on the Glory leaving out of Port Canaveral going to St. Thomas, St.Maarten & Nassau. I loved St.Thomas (it's my favorite port so far), and St.Maarten was fun too. Good luck in whatever you decide, any further help, e-mail me pevans12@hotmail.com Good luck:)

If you're looking for something in the winter months, I'd stay away from leaving out of the northern states. The first and last days would be cold and[possibly rocky.

What about the Glory? I'd stick to a Western route...Key West and Nassau can be a little cool in the winter.

Carnival Miracle January 26th from Ft. Lauderdale. Great itinerary to the south, weather will be fantastic.

8 days - St. Maartin, St Kitts, St. Lucia

Leaves Saturday, back Sunday....perfect.....

The outside is mostly booked....better book soon.....

Might see you there!

June will come fast. Just book it so you will have something to look forward to. That is when the fun begins.:D

Look at 7 days, 4 or 5 you will have issues finding a balcony! Miami is only 3 hours south of canaveral so might want to include it. Triumph western route was a fantastic trip for us. nice pace of sea days and ports. Valor has a more exotic western toute we are ftrying in May. goes to belize and Roatan island. winter fares are very reasonable also'

I'd avoid the summer months, if possible for a cruise. School's out and a lot of children on board. (I love children, but not hundreds of them at once).

January and February are perfect months for a winter get-away. Port Canavarel in Florida also has a lot of nice cruises. Try looking into that. We did Carnival Glory out of there last February and loved it!:D

Barb65

Costa Riveria 1992 (Eastern Caribbean)

Carnival Victory 2004 (New York/Nova Scotia)

Carnival Glory 2007 (Eastern Caribbean)

Carnival Miracle 2009 (Panama Canal)

June will come fast. Just book it so you will have something to look forward to. That is when the fun begins.:D

Really, the anticipation and coming here is 1/2 the fun. We have also just set aside some time off and grabbed the best last minute deal we could, few choices on cabins, but we were sailing and the last minute chaos of who could find the best cruise for the best price becomes a ritual for hubby and I. Too bad I had given him my good search sites ahead of time, I've created a monster.

We're flying out to california from nc on thanksgiving for a wedding. Having never been out there, do I look at things to do in California? Nope, I hit the cruise site, one already marked by previews from my hubby last night (and I never mentioned a cruise). That bugger tried to one up me:eek: We're so bad. We travel all over the east coast and price out cruises along the way.

I'm sure once you're booked for June, some short get away will catch your eye;)

Port Canaveral is our favorite port with both large and small ships of several lines. In the winter, I wouldn't head up north driving, only to cruise south in the same iffy weather you drove up in. To me that just blows the first two sea days heading south.

Archived