Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

Celebrity sent an email this morning which included all the info and pictures of the main website.

Leela: the emphasis of the pictures showing AquaClass and its private dining room does indicate a trend in the direction of your post.

Arno,

Could you post those pictures Please. I am keeping a record of all the info released. We are giving a gift of a Solstice cruise to both my parents for Christmas. It will be the first cruise for them and their spouses.

I'd love to be able to use some of the pictures in the info packet I give them at Christmas.

Thanks

I had another look at the SOLSTICE deck plans. Celebrity has updated them. They now show the locations of the Solarium, the Aqua Spa, and Blu restaurant.

I guess each time they reveal another tidbit about SOLSTICE, they will show the location on the deck plan until we have a completed set.

Ernie

Deck_5-vi.jpg

Deck_12-vi.jpg

Deck_11-vi.jpg

I have some thoughts on Host Andy's comment about not understanding why X went to 5 "boomer women" to design for Solstice. From looking at the pictures on the "Cruise Celebrity Solstice" web site, I'm guessing that X is going after a well-defined market with this ship. The number of affluent and not-necessarily-married women in the 40-60 age group is growing.

I agree that this age group is growing, however, if X truly wanted to go after this demographic, there should be some single cabins in the deck plans. I fit into this group as well, but travel with friends to share the cabin cost.

I agree that this age group is growing, however, if X truly wanted to go after this demographic, there should be some single cabins in the deck plans. I fit into this group as well, but travel with friends to share the cabin cost.

Hi Nancy, I fit into this group too....

I was reading Leela's post...Leela, it was very well written,

thank you:)

I will be 50 next year..oh, in 6 months:eek: and have been on my own

for close to 25 years.

I do not consider myself in the "Power Women" demograhpic..

but a divorced female who works a full time job, owns

her own home and lives on a low-modest budget. But is definitely

on a budget. (I guess we are all on budgets but just different types of them).

I usually book inside cabins and decided to put a deposit down

on Solstice too....never thought I would ever sail such a large

ship..still have over a year to change my mind.

And yes, I booked an inside.

The Spa portion didn't make a difference one way or the other

for me....

The appeal for me is more of trying a brand new ship. I have

never done that before and it seems really neat:) But the demographic? Guess they

have their own visions of "Power Women".

Leela, again, thanks for the insightful post.

I usually book inside cabins and decided to put a deposit down

on Solstice too....never thought I would ever sail such a large

ship..still have over a year to change my mind.

And yes, I booked an inside.

Hi Lois !

Which Solstice sailing did you book ?

Hi Andy,:) I put a deposit down for Jan 11th, 2009.

I don't know if I will end up going or not but when they opened

up the bookings at the very beginning it was the most reasonably

priced week of any offered.

Hope your Mom is doing well.

Oh, I see you finally deleted that short Infinity sailing from

your signature. Guess we won't be meeting there:(

Hopefully one day......

Has anyone looked at the deck plans yet?

I want to know if I'm crazy because I only see 1 pool and that's in the solarium on the resort deck and nothing on the lido deck. Isn't there usually another pool too? :eek:

Has anyone looked at the deck plans yet?

I want to know if I'm crazy because I only see 1 pool and that's in the solarium on the resort deck and nothing on the lido deck. Isn't there usually another pool too? :eek:

The deck plans are incomplete. Celebrity is only adding public areas on the deck plans as details about them are released. So far they have only released details about the Solorium, Aqua Spa, and Blu Restaurant. This is why only those three public areas are shown on the deck plan.

I can assure you there will be at least one other pool, probably more.

Ernie

I was wondering if there is going to be any other specialty rest. other than Blu?-and-someone correct me if I'm wrong- is for the exclusive use of Aquaclass guests? That is the only thing that is keeping me from booking an Aquaclass;not to interested in healthful eating when on a cruise! LOL;) So do you think there will be other specialty rest.'s? This would be my first cruise with X. We are going to book the 3/22/09 sailing next week while on board the Mariner. Thanks! Angel:)

are problematic to me. I did have an AC stateroom booked, but changed to one of the aft SV's. (we are on B2B so had to make a quick decision). The issue with the incomplete deck plans is that I did not know what was above the AC rooms. I never book anything below the pool decks, like deck 9 on the M class ships.

I keep checking daily to see if any changes are made to the renderings. I did notice that the renderings of the veranda cabins show the sofa near the sliding doors? The photo shows the sofa near the entrance door.

I did notice that the renderings of the veranda cabins show the sofa near the sliding doors? The photo shows the sofa near the entrance door.

SOLSTICE will have both bedding arrangements in standard balcony cabins (and Aqua Class). Every other cabin will have a different arrangement of bedding. Half of the cabins will have the bed next to the glass sliding door with the sitting area in the interior of the cabin. The other half will have the bed in the interior of the cabin with the sitting area right next to the glass sliding door. The reason is because of the interlocking cabin design. There will be a small part of the cabin that protrudes into the adjacent cabin, and that part of the cabin is where the bed is located. Think of it as a repeating puzzle with two pieces that fit together. How you determine which cabins have which kind of bedding configuration is unknown, as Celebrity does not show it on their deck plans.

Ernie

I was wondering if there is going to be any other specialty rest. other than Blu?-and-someone correct me if I'm wrong- is for the exclusive use of Aquaclass guests?

While not confirmed, I do believe there will be another specialty restaurant besides Blu. Blu is reserved for Aqua Class guests, but any left over seating is available by reservation to anyone. I think there will be at least one other speciality restaurant and maybe more. Today cruising is all about choice and options. Celebrity would not build a new ship without several dining choices available to all guests onboard (at an additional fee of course!). It's also a great onboard revenue opportunity for the cruise line and one they will not pass up.

Ernie

I'm guessing the scents thing is toiletries related. For instance, L'Occitane sells little spa packs in their stores with very small sizes of bath salts, linen spray, lotions, and a scented candle, all in the same "theme" -- relaxing, energizing, sleep, jet-lag, and so on. If X did something like this (but of course replacing the scented candle with those stick-in-oil non-heated diffusers that are now popular) then that would make a lot of sense and would be very current as far as spa-type amenities go. Guests could tell their steward which scent they prefer, and the appropriate oil/bath salts/etc. would be delivered. If done right, these scents would be done with plant-derived essential oils and not petroleum-based artificial perfumes.

This is just my guess, though, so don't hold X to it!

I personally became quite excited when viewing the new Soltstice site.

As so many people have different opinions, everyone can likely agree that new ships are very exciting. :D

I consider myself to be a "spa junkie"..muted colors do relax. I compared the balcony cabin to the size of one on the Constellation..only 1 sqft difference. 191/192. The solarium looks very inviting. I would like to see individual heated tile loungers instead of the rounded perisan garden seats. Have them tilted back to incorporate the zero gravity feeling, thus complete relaxation.

I really like the colors of blu as well. If I had a wish..I would like larger beds in cabins..obviously impossible, just a wish. I personally like gold and off white colors..elegant and rich looking.

The aromatherapy kits are a good idea..as well as the leg rack in the shower.

Will be checking back, perhaps will book when on board the Connie in Nov. No complaints here.

Thanks

Daphna

If you go to the www.cruisecelebritysolstice.com website and check out the gallery, you'll see that the photo you are referring to is one in a suite.

Hi Darren,

I see you booked the Solstice also. We booked the 4 Jan cruise to celebrate my BD. What type of cabin did you book. We booked the corner aft Sky suite which I am hoping will give us more veranda room, but guess we will see. Too bad you couldn't join us on our Jan cruise, it would be like old times.

Take care!

Toni

Hi Darren,

I see you booked the Solstice also. We booked the 4 Jan cruise to celebrate my BD. What type of cabin did you book. We booked the corner aft Sky suite which I am hoping will give us more veranda room, but guess we will see. Too bad you couldn't join us on our Jan cruise, it would be like old times.

Take care!

Toni

Hi Toni -- good to hear from you. I was drooling over those corner Sky Suites when I first saw the deck plans. Looks like the veranda wraps around. You'll have to take lots of photos. We booked an aft Concierge Class.

We'll be seeing Charlie and Artie a week from Sunday when we board Millennium for our Med cruise. I'm sure we'll reminisce about our Constellation Caribbean cruise.

See you around. ;)

Hi, everyone.

We haven't sailed Celebrity, but thank you for the links. The photo gallery looks gorgeous, something that DH would enjoy immensely. Love the clean, contemporary lines and soothing feel of the ship.

I'm familiar with RTKL. They've done fabulous buildings in Baltimore and those in the trade line up for contracts with RTKL.

Well, I just may be booking the Solstice very soon. Still a little hesitant about a ship this size. ;)

Karen

Archived